Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast
Results 313 to 324 of 475

Thread: OTA Thread

  1. #313

    Re: OTA Thread

    Miles is a shitty receiver. Inside, outside, doesn't matter. The reason Lamar doesn't look at him is because he sucks.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco





  2. #314
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    near Asheville, NC
    Posts
    15,865

    Re: OTA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    " How has Ben Mason looked? Has he gotten a lot of looks at TE? Or soley Fb and what are the chances he makes a impact this year #RavensMailbag "

    Mink: The rookie fifth-round pick hasn't jumped out to me in practice yet, but that's not much of a surprise. First of all, we didn't get to see him in rookie minicamp because he tore the skin off the bottom of his feet. Also, I expect that Mason will shine more once the pads come on and he can do what he does best – rough people up. Now is not the time for rugged blockers to shine. Considering the Ravens have Pro Bowl fullback Patrick Ricard and a deep group of young tight ends, I don't expect Mason to have a big impact as a rookie. But injuries could always change that, so the Michigan man will have to be ready if called upon.


    I just hope Ricard is 100% healthy... Bc
    Stupid ass Michigan homer draft pick. Harbaugh special written all over it.





  3. Re: OTA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Stupid ass Michigan homer draft pick. Harbaugh special written all over it.
    100% and with the Ravens having a deep roster as usual, they're going to lose someone good if they put him on the 53.

    They already carry more pure special teamers than they should, for Harbaugh reasons, and keep losing quality starters like Zach Seiler and Darious Williams because of it.

    It's going to be annoying when they have to find DBs on the street in mid season, when this year's ill-advised corner or safety cut is balling out for someone else.
    Boykin, Miles....the tiger in tall grass





  4. #316
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    UK 🇬🇧
    Posts
    14,323
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: OTA Thread

    The Ben Mason pick is looking more and more stupid by the day. I'd understand it more if Ricard was being moved back to DL... but it seems that they aren't planning on doing that. Ricard is the best blocking FB in the league and won't even be expensive next year. Such a puzzling pick.





  5. #317
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    31,625
    Blog Entries
    4

    Cool Re: OTA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I hope he does well, but you seem to know best...

    That's why you're the Cap'n, and the RSR ship can only have one... Bc





  6. #318
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    31,625
    Blog Entries
    4

    Thumbs down Re: OTA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Stupid ass Michigan homer draft pick. Harbaugh special written all over it.
    Chris Wormley anyone? ... Bc





  7. #319

    Re: OTA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    100% and with the Ravens having a deep roster as usual, they're going to lose someone good if they put him on the 53.

    They already carry more pure special teamers than they should, for Harbaugh reasons, and keep losing quality starters like Zach Seiler and Darious Williams because of it.

    It's going to be annoying when they have to find DBs on the street in mid season, when this year's ill-advised corner or safety cut is balling out for someone else.


    "They have more special teamers than they should" and they still can't run a punt return WITHOUT BLOCKING AN OPPOSING PLAYER IN THE BACK.

    They should eliminate all the special teamers on this team and wait for the ball to stop and come to a rest on all kickoff an punt return plays





  8. #320

    Re: OTA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The Ben Mason pick is looking more and more stupid by the day. I'd understand it more if Ricard was being moved back to DL... but it seems that they aren't planning on doing that. Ricard is the best blocking FB in the league and won't even be expensive next year. Such a puzzling pick.
    Guy is a rookie, hasn't played a game, hasn't even gone to his 1st training camp yet. But he's looking like a bust, based on 2nd-hand reports from an amateur observer about his performance at OTAs.

    Jesus. Can we maybe wait until he's taken even ONE SINGLE SNAP in a live, full-contact scrimmage?
    Last edited by MarkS; 06-19-2021 at 05:00 PM.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan





  9. #321
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    47,995
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OTA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    "They have more special teamers than they should" and they still can't run a punt return WITHOUT BLOCKING AN OPPOSING PLAYER IN THE BACK.

    They should eliminate all the special teamers on this team and wait for the ball to stop and come to a rest on all kickoff an punt return plays
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  10. Re: OTA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    "They have more special teamers than they should" and they still can't run a punt return WITHOUT BLOCKING AN OPPOSING PLAYER IN THE BACK.
    No team can.

    Special teams is getting less important all the time. Not only can the kicking team pretty much eliminate the possibility of a return whenever they want but it just doesn't fit with today's game.

    Special teams is about field position but football isn't really anymore - it's about scoring. Among the top teams a field goal is a loss for the offense with all the easy yards available and most teams going for it on 4th down.

    Defense isn't really about field position anymore either. It's about making a play, getting a stop and getting the offense off the field.

    Where does special teams and the battle for field position fit into that anymore? Is it even important?
    Boykin, Miles....the tiger in tall grass





  11. #323
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    8,400
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OTA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Stupid ass Michigan homer draft pick. Harbaugh special written all over it.
    My view of Mason is insurance against Ricard’s injury recovery. Mason can be stashed on PS w/o risk of being signed away to an active roster because of his position. Tough kid, that plays like a Raven. That’s how I view the pick.

    I think we fans place more “value” on late round picks then teams do. The difference between a 5th round draft pick and an UDFA isn’t as big as we often think.

    Heck, some late round grounds *want* to go undrafted to choose a team where they’ll have the best opportunity. Some UDFA get a bigger sign-on bonus the late round picks.

    I don’t think Mason is guaranteed a spot merely because he was drafted.





  12. #324
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    8,400
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OTA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    ...Where does special teams and the battle for field position fit into that anymore? Is it even important?
    Field position is still very important, they’re “hidden yards”. There some really good data out there about the importance of field position.

    Simply put, the closer you are to the ‘scoring’ zone the higher the chances that an offense will score....and vice versus for defense.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site