Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Thread

Re: OTA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    C’mon man...lol. I cannot weild the sword of verdite.

It’s all good though, you’ve expressed the same view on Boykin as me. I hardly see that as dying on a hill. Don’t let the BHC club re-brand the Boykin convo. Oh and honest question........are there other hills am I dying on?
    The hill is arguing with some of our fellow posters. I've gotten into a few small skirmishes over the years here, but in the end it's just not worth it IMO. It still chaps my ass when the Harbs haters go over the top or folks claim Joe only played 4 great games and got a ridiculous contract for it. I usually get baited pretty easily with those, lol.
    But if it keeps you entertained and you don't mind the back and forth, have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Here's a Ravens draft choice I wasn't high on :

" Stock up

Brandon Stephens, DB: The rookie third-round pick hasn’t looked like a guy with just two years of experience as a defensive back. He hasn’t made a ton of plays, although he did have an interception in last Tuesday’s minicamp practice. He has just looked comfortable with how he’s been utilized, and it’s been rare to see him out of position. He also passes the eye test from a physical standpoint. The Ravens taking him with the second-to-last pick of the third round was viewed as a reach in some circles, but team officials believe in his ability. It also appears he has a better chance to contribute defensively in Year 1 than fifth-round cornerback Shaun Wade. Injuries could dictate that. "

I was higher on Shaun Wade, especially at slot CB. Guess it doesn't matter if I was right or wrong, as long as a Ravens draftee is successful. Damn, I gotta clean up that crystal ball of mine, it's getting a bit cloudy ... Bc
    What does it say about a guy who just seems to get it with very little time in position? If he is a top-line athlete and falls to the third round because of the risk and assumed time to acclimate, but somehow the scouts see it differently and convince the Ravens to turn in the card, that could be a huge win.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Can guess 1-5, but would like to know.
    Analyzing any one of the top 5’s will reveal certain aspects of their play they can never improve. All QB’s have certain areas of strengths and weaknesses. For example, Brady will never be a runner. It’s about winning. When was the last time the talking points about Brady centered on what he needs to improve? Does anyone care Brady can’t throw as deep as Flacco? Never.
    Then why is the common talk about LJ always about where he needs to improve. Somehow I feel he will be judged, measured, compared to a conventional definition of a QB until he’s play- schemed and coached away from his skills into mediocrity.
    And don’t think I’m saying he shouldn’t try to improve like throwing outside, of course he should, I’m not saying that. I’m saying all I hear is LJ needs to be better at this and that, perfection actually across all metrics and that’s BS.
    Your answer is hiding in plain sight. There's nothing to say about a QB with 7 rings. All arguments get rendered moot by the blinding light of all the fucking jewelry on his hands.
    I'm willing to bet this though - If Mahomes and Lamar becomes the premier rivalry for the next decade and each of them wins multiple rings, the question around what a QB needs to improve on will start to shift away from "what throws can't they make". The NFL seems to be starting to shift a bit on what qualities are essential at the QB position. I don't think i can recall a time when they were so many "athletic" guys playing the position. I'm really curious to see how the Mac Jones experiment plays out in NE. I think the days of the Drew Bledsoe statue type Qb are numbered.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    The hill is arguing with some of our fellow posters. I've gotten into a few small skirmishes over the years here, but in the end it's just not worth it IMO. It still chaps my ass when the Harbs haters go over the top or folks claim Joe only played 4 great games and got a ridiculous contract for it. I usually get baited pretty easily with those, lol.
    But if it keeps you entertained and you don't mind the back and forth, have at it.
    Oh, that's what you mean.

No doubt, you're right i get lured by the guise of actual discussion.

I haven't been around for as long as most of you, but seems like you shouldn't have to avoid engaging with posts/posters because of how they might react. But you're probably right that its just not worth it in the end.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Hopefully Wade doesn't get many snaps, because that would mean Tavon Young is still out there at slot CB.
    True, really hope Tavon stays healthy that way Marlon can stay on the outside instead of Averett.
    But, although Wade struggled at outside CB he was a good slot CB.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Really the Stephens pick is just because we didn't know much about him. It's got that look of a pick where the Ravens did more homework than others. When EDC said he'd play free safety, that's when it clicked in my head.
    Dude has great physical skillset and athleticism. He's raw but was productive right away despite the position change. Tremendous developmental upside. I hope they give him a try on KR and PR.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Has Stephens ever worked as a returner before?
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

Can guess 1-5, but would like to know.
    Russell Wilson, Watson, Rodgers, Allen, Mahomes

Analyzing any one of the top 5’s will reveal certain aspects of their play they can never improve. All QB’s have certain areas of strengths and weaknesses. For example, Brady will never be a runner. It’s about winning. When was the last time the talking points about Brady centered on what he needs to improve? Does anyone care Brady can’t throw as deep as Flacco? Never.
    Then why is the common talk about LJ always about where he needs to improve. Somehow I feel he will be judged, measured, compared to a conventional definition of a QB until he’s play- schemed and coached away from his skills into mediocrity.
    And don’t think I’m saying he shouldn’t try to improve like throwing outside, of course he should, I’m not saying that. I’m saying all I hear is LJ needs to be better at this and that, perfection actually across all metrics and that’s BS.
    I didn't get that take away from the Simms video ranking Lamar 6th overall. I thought their discussion highlighted some of the areas where Lamar and the passing scheme itself would have to improve for Lamar to become #1 QB. That's high praise, and Simms overall has been high on Lamar as a QB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Don't know. But he's a former RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Yeah, don't know if we need to see that. Also, Devin says hi:

Blog Entries

How many receivers will they keep? what about TE / FB? I think those questions will answer a lot in terms of the final roster spots and potentially who is returning punts/kicks.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    How many receivers will they keep? what about TE / FB? I think those questions will answer a lot in terms of the final roster spots and potentially who is returning punts/kicks.
    If they only keep 2 quarterbacks they will probably keep 7 wide receivers - figuring that Watkins is a one year rental.

The 7 wide receivers will be Brown, Watkins, Bateman, Wallace, Duvernay and Boykin - and one more. Again - this is predicated on the belief that Watkins won't be here next year and they want to take advantage of the talent they have on the roster this year. It could be the 7th guy develops an ingrown toe nail and winds up on IR

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    The 7 wide receivers will be Brown, Watkins, Bateman, Wallace, Duvernay and Boykin - and one more.
    I hope not. Got to keep the hate alive!

Seriously, what would he be worth in a trade?