Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Thread

Re: OTA Thread

Miles is a shitty receiver. Inside, outside, doesn't matter. The reason Lamar doesn't look at him is because he sucks.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    " How has Ben Mason looked? Has he gotten a lot of looks at TE? Or soley Fb and what are the chances he makes a impact this year #RavensMailbag "

Mink: The rookie fifth-round pick hasn't jumped out to me in practice yet, but that's not much of a surprise. First of all, we didn't get to see him in rookie minicamp because he tore the skin off the bottom of his feet. Also, I expect that Mason will shine more once the pads come on and he can do what he does best – rough people up. Now is not the time for rugged blockers to shine. Considering the Ravens have Pro Bowl fullback Patrick Ricard and a deep group of young tight ends, I don't expect Mason to have a big impact as a rookie. But injuries could always change that, so the Michigan man will have to be ready if called upon.

I just hope Ricard is 100% healthy... Bc
    Stupid ass Michigan homer draft pick. Harbaugh special written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    100% and with the Ravens having a deep roster as usual, they're going to lose someone good if they put him on the 53.

They already carry more pure special teamers than they should, for Harbaugh reasons, and keep losing quality starters like Zach Seiler and Darious Williams because of it.

It's going to be annoying when they have to find DBs on the street in mid season, when this year's ill-advised corner or safety cut is balling out for someone else.

Blog Entries

The Ben Mason pick is looking more and more stupid by the day. I'd understand it more if Ricard was being moved back to DL... but it seems that they aren't planning on doing that. Ricard is the best blocking FB in the league and won't even be expensive next year. Such a puzzling pick.

Blog Entries

Cool Re: OTA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I hope he does well, but you seem to know best...

That's why you're the Cap'n, and the RSR ship can only have one... Bc

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Re: OTA Thread

Chris Wormley anyone? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    100% and with the Ravens having a deep roster as usual, they're going to lose someone good if they put him on the 53.

They already carry more pure special teamers than they should, for Harbaugh reasons, and keep losing quality starters like Zach Seiler and Darious Williams because of it.

It's going to be annoying when they have to find DBs on the street in mid season, when this year's ill-advised corner or safety cut is balling out for someone else.

"They have more special teamers than they should" and they still can't run a punt return WITHOUT BLOCKING AN OPPOSING PLAYER IN THE BACK.

They should eliminate all the special teamers on this team and wait for the ball to stop and come to a rest on all kickoff an punt return plays

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The Ben Mason pick is looking more and more stupid by the day. I'd understand it more if Ricard was being moved back to DL... but it seems that they aren't planning on doing that. Ricard is the best blocking FB in the league and won't even be expensive next year. Such a puzzling pick.
    Guy is a rookie, hasn't played a game, hasn't even gone to his 1st training camp yet. But he's looking like a bust, based on 2nd-hand reports from an amateur observer about his performance at OTAs.

Jesus. Can we maybe wait until he's taken even ONE SINGLE SNAP in a live, full-contact scrimmage?
    Last edited by MarkS; 06-19-2021 at 05:00 PM.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    "They have more special teamers than they should" and they still can't run a punt return WITHOUT BLOCKING AN OPPOSING PLAYER IN THE BACK.

They should eliminate all the special teamers on this team and wait for the ball to stop and come to a rest on all kickoff an punt return plays

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    No team can.

Special teams is getting less important all the time. Not only can the kicking team pretty much eliminate the possibility of a return whenever they want but it just doesn't fit with today's game.

Special teams is about field position but football isn't really anymore - it's about scoring. Among the top teams a field goal is a loss for the offense with all the easy yards available and most teams going for it on 4th down.

Defense isn't really about field position anymore either. It's about making a play, getting a stop and getting the offense off the field.

Where does special teams and the battle for field position fit into that anymore? Is it even important?

Blog Entries

My view of Mason is insurance against Ricard’s injury recovery. Mason can be stashed on PS w/o risk of being signed away to an active roster because of his position. Tough kid, that plays like a Raven. That’s how I view the pick.

I think we fans place more “value” on late round picks then teams do. The difference between a 5th round draft pick and an UDFA isn’t as big as we often think.

Heck, some late round grounds *want* to go undrafted to choose a team where they’ll have the best opportunity. Some UDFA get a bigger sign-on bonus the late round picks.

I don’t think Mason is guaranteed a spot merely because he was drafted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    ...Where does special teams and the battle for field position fit into that anymore? Is it even important?
    Field position is still very important, they’re “hidden yards”. There some really good data out there about the importance of field position.

Simply put, the closer you are to the ‘scoring’ zone the higher the chances that an offense will score....and vice versus for defense.