Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Thread

Re: OTA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    John Taylor. Do you know who he was? He blocked phenomenally and made plays in the passing game WHILE playing opposite of Jerry Rice. Too many on here give Boykin a pass for his blocking. Guess we will just add you to their club.

Additionally you give way too much credit for Lamar’s runs to Boykin. I watched him break ankles in the open field with sure tacklers coming at him, unblocked. What wide receiver blocked for Michael Vick? Remind me? Or Steve Young, or Steve McNair. Not a goddamn person in the world says, oh it was because of the great blocking of their wide receivers.

GTFO
    Lol adding me to a "club" because I don't agree with your ridiculous assertion that Boykin is useless? Sure, go ahead. "GTFO" because my opinion differs. Yet you talk loudly like your opinion is fact.
    Also, reading comprehension is a thing. Where did I say "oh it was because of the great blocking"? Or did I say there were a lot of great runs by Lamar and Edwards that had a great block by Boykin? Does it really put your panties in a bunch for someone to compliment him? Are you going to quit being a Ravens fan when, not if but WHEN, he makes the 53 man roster?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

You read much? Or just gloss over shit to post and find some superiority complex in thinking anyone needs a fucking hall monitor around here? My last two posts were devoid of memes or gifs. Lighten up or put me on ignore and do the world a favor.

* I do not recall exactly believed the horseshit, but obviously many on here think that or they wouldn’t spend all their goddamn time worshiping him. *

** SAID HORSESHIT: https://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-...michael-thomas **
    Memes, jokes and hyperbole. That's all you've offered to counter what a few in this board are saying, mainly that he is not as bad as you make him to be, specially considering the nature of the Ravens' offense. That and consciously misrepresenting other people's opinion in this forum to make them look as ridiculously over the top as yours. Pretty poor and lame a schtick but you do you.

Oh, and the one calling Boykin Michael Thomas was Willie fucking Snead. Lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    The difference between Rd 5 and UDFA is big enough to me - I expect Rd 5 picks to make the 53 man as a rookie and the vast majority of Ravens 5th rounders (and 6th rounders) do. Notable exceptions are Robert Myers and Jordan Lasley.

I would have been fine with Mason as a priority UDFA but Rd 5 is too high for my taste.
    Right, we disagree about the difference in value between 5th-UDFA.

For me buying insurance for Ricard between rounds 5-UDFA,whether they make the fina 53 or not, is good value for the Ravens.

Love debates. Not a fan of insulting players, especially when they are still on our team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Lol adding me to a "club" because I don't agree with your ridiculous assertion that Boykin is useless? Sure, go ahead. "GTFO" because my opinion differs. Yet you talk loudly like your opinion is fact.
    Also, reading comprehension is a thing. Where did I say "oh it was because of the great blocking"? Or did I say there were a lot of great runs by Lamar and Edwards that had a great block by Boykin? Does it really put your panties in a bunch for someone to compliment him? Are you going to quit being a Ravens fan when, not if but WHEN, he makes the 53 man roster?
    Really? Talk about panties in a bunch. GTFO? I am kidding around. You did call Boykin his best WR blocker. I could care less when people compliment him. He is a substandard wide hour that has not lived up to expectations, stop praising mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    Memes, jokes and hyperbole. That's all you've offered to counter what a few in this board are saying, mainly that he is not as bad as you make him to be, specially considering the nature of the Ravens' offense. That and consciously misrepresenting other people's opinion in this forum to make them look as ridiculously over the top as yours. Pretty poor and lame a schtick but you do you.

Oh, and the one calling Boykin Michael Thomas was Willie fucking Snead. Lol.
    Actually I have offered a lot, more than most. The most damming stat of all, 3 WR brought in to take Miles Boykin place. I guess that is a meme too.

Also, I know Willie Sneed said it. A few people took that comment and ran with it like he was the next Thomas. Make the connection or is that a bridge too far?

Again, I am having fun bullshitting with you guys. I like jokes and memes and have been doing it on here for a decade (9 years, 11 months, 3 weeks - because we have to be precise with our facts otherwise I will have to do a research paper on it) so if you don’t like it, go to your safe space.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    The difference between Rd 5 and UDFA is big enough to me - I expect Rd 5 picks to make the 53 man as a rookie and the vast majority of Ravens 5th rounders (and 6th rounders) do. Notable exceptions are Robert Myers and Jordan Lasley.

I would have been fine with Mason as a priority UDFA but Rd 5 is too high for my taste.
    He was the 184th pick, and there were 259 picks in the draft. The Ravens obviously liked him enough to not risk him still being there after 75 more picks, since that was the last pick they made. Also, I think if you look at the players chosen by the Ravens around 184 over the years there are plenty of marginal players - not just Lasley (162) and Myers (176), and even if they made the team initially they didn't last. Jermaine Eluemunor (159), Jaleel Scott (132), Daylon Mack (160), Keenan Reynolds (182), Keith Wenning (194), Tommy Streeter (198), David Reed (156) all fall into that category.

Training camp hasn't even started yet. I wouldn't write off Mason just yet. He may be a better contributor than you think. I get what you're saying, but if they don't choose Mason, who do you think they should have chosen instead? It will be easy in a couple of years to see which post-184th pick pans out in the league, but teams don't pick in retrospect. What player did they miss out on by choosing him?

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I get what you're saying, but if they don't choose Mason, who do you think they should have chosen instead? It will be easy in a couple of years to see which post-184th pick pans out in the league, but teams don't pick in retrospect. What player did they miss out on by choosing him?
    I'll risk making a few suggestions, of course some of these will turn out to be terrible.

Ideally, it would have been a young D lineman or Tackle. I liked Stone Forsyth, Marlon Tuipulotu, Jaylen Twyman, Jonathan Marshall and Khyiris Tonga
    Other players I'd have preferred that were still on the board include Deonte Brown, Hamsah Nasirildeen , James Wiggins and Quincy Roche. There was a lot of potential still on the board other than Harbaugh's mom's favorite player.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    He was the 184th pick, and there were 259 picks in the draft. The Ravens obviously liked him enough to not risk him still being there after 75 more picks, since that was the last pick they made. Also, I think if you look at the players chosen by the Ravens around 184 over the years there are plenty of marginal players - not just Lasley (162) and Myers (176), and even if they made the team initially they didn't last. Jermaine Eluemunor (159), Jaleel Scott (132), Daylon Mack (160), Keenan Reynolds (182), Keith Wenning (194), Tommy Streeter (198), David Reed (156) all fall into that category.

Training camp hasn't even started yet. I wouldn't write off Mason just yet. He may be a better contributor than you think. I get what you're saying, but if they don't choose Mason, who do you think they should have chosen instead? It will be easy in a couple of years to see which post-184th pick pans out in the league, but teams don't pick in retrospect. What player did they miss out on by choosing him?
    David Reed!

Totally forgot about him. Wasn't he the Duvernay of his time?

Blog Entries

Miles Boykin/James Proche, WRs: Marquise Brown, Sammy Watkins and Bateman are the team’s three best receivers, and that couldn’t have been more apparent over the past couple of months. As third- and fourth-round picks the past two years, Devin Duvernay’s and Tylan Wallace’s spots are secure, especially with Duvernay being the team’s top return man. That essentially leaves Boykin and Proche as the two questions. Both performed reasonably well over the past several weeks. Proche makes a few plays every practice, pretty much never drops a pass and is more consistent than Boykin. Boykin makes more big plays, and his big body, physicality and blocking ability are hard to ignore with an otherwise small receiving group. There’s an easy case to be made for keeping both, as they also contribute on special teams. However, the coaching staff is going to have to decide how prohibitive it would be at other spots to carry seven receivers.
    Ben Cleveland/Tyre Phillips/Ben Powers, G: The Ravens divided the first-team reps at left guard during last week’s minicamp. Harbaugh described the position as “wide open,” and these three mid-round picks over the past couple of years seem to be the top candidates. The outside perception is that Cleveland, whom offensive coordinator Greg Roman called the best run blocker in the draft, is the favorite, and he’s looked comfortable on the left side. He’s also the most physically imposing of the group. However, nothing that was revealed during the offseason program indicates that there is a clear front-runner/preferred choice in the minds of the coaches. This competition will resume in five weeks.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Ben Mason, FB/TE: The odds were always stacked against Mason standing out during the offseason program. These are non-contact practices, so Mason couldn’t showcase his blocking and physicality. He couldn’t even sprint down the field in kickoff coverage and put a member of the return team on his back, which is one of his favorite things to do. Even Harbaugh acknowledged that the preseason games and when the pads go on will be the “telling thing” for Mason. Still, there were times when he didn’t look comfortable catching passes, and that’s something he’ll need to do in the fullback/third tight end/H-back role. It was also hard to ignore the quality depth the Ravens had at other spots, which could make it tough to carry another blocking fullback/tight end behind Patrick Ricard and Nick Boyle.

Blog Entries

Andre Smith

After opting out of the 2020 season, Smith skipped the Ravens’ voluntary OTAs and looked like he was playing catch-up at minicamp. The team needs a swing tackle behind projected starters Ronnie Stanley and Alejandro Villanueva, and Smith is the team’s most experienced candidate. He’s also 34, and as Harbaugh acknowledged, “We’ll just have to see going forward.”

I’m not worried about a 5th round pick in a draft that was historically one of the worst due to the small amount of players eligible.