Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Julio Jones says "I'm outta there"

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    ‘their cap situation isn’t much better than ours’ LMFAO ok dude.
    We are projected to have around 3.9M available after signing our rookie class by both spotrac and over the cap.

We literally have one dude in Stanley who has over 5M BS even if we restructured his deal all the way down to 1M that would leave us with 9.9M space. Right now the falcons have 410K cap space BEFORE having to sign their rookies who are slated to cost 10.4M AFTER accounting for the top 51 rule (remember Pitts is the 4th overall pick). Jones makes 15.3M. If they trade him post June 1st they can push that bonus money (7.75 for another 2) into the future.

They cannot afford to eat significant money period. Not happening nor are they going to restructure guys just for the privilege of trading with the Ravens. If Jones agreed to a new contract maybe a trade could be worked out but even if that happens we are still looking at restructuring Stanley. Our cap is what it is folks.
    Last edited by boller4president; 05-25-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    I realize we don't NEED him anymore like we did before the draft - having said that - What is the most you would realistically give up for him in a trade?

I would say a 3rd rounder and rework his deal so he is only making 10 mil a year then maybe we would consider it
    Now that we've signed Watkins (to a reasonable one year contract), and the NFL Draft is over (netting us WRs Bateman and Wallace), added to Hollywood and Duvernay... why even consider JJ when our resources may be better spent on a veteran pass rusher (like Houston?).

I'd be against acquiring Julio Jones... Bc

I feel like some of you guys don’t realize how good Julio Jones is.

4. Re: Julio Jones says "I'm outta there"

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I feel like some of you guys don’t realize how good Julio Jones is.
    Where I diverge on this statement is the difference between "how good Julio Jones is" and "how good Julio Jones was." It's not unheard of for WR1s to just fall off a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Where I diverge on this statement is the difference between "how good Julio Jones is" and "how good Julio Jones was." It's not unheard of for WR1s to just fall off a cliff.
    The guy is 32 not 36 I feel like there’s no reason to believe he’ll suddenly fall off a cliff. And in my eyes, even a declining Julio is the best WR on this team (and I’m not convinced he’s declining)

6. Re: Julio Jones says "I'm outta there"

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    The guy is 32 not 36 I feel like there’s no reason to believe he’ll suddenly fall off a cliff. And in my eyes, even a declining Julio is the best WR on this team (and I’m not convinced he’s declining)
    That's true, but that also depends on how long we'd expect to hold on to Julio. For the Ravens to even make his contract work, we'd almost certainly need to extend him, which may require eating Julio's contract until he's 36, so that needs to be taken account in addition to the resources the Ravens would need to part with in the trade itself.

I'm not part of the "anti-Julio" crowd - I'm just concerned about the resourcing particulars it'll take both to get him and how long we'd need to keep him to make the numbers work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    and the * that he's in an offense with a QB that throws for nearly 5,000 yards a season. Ravens have barely done that in 3

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Unless Lamar can stop locking on to receivers and see the field a little bit better it may not matter who is out there wide receiver..... If you watch sip to tally.... break down the Buffalo game you're going to see what I'm talking about.... Lamar locks on to receivers and does not go to check downs.... leading to what came on the biggest play of the game which was a pick 6... an unforced error. Yeah the slate is clean now and it's a new year but let's not forget what happened...

I'm a big fan of Lamar's but I don't believe in rose colored glasses when evaluating quarterbacks for long-term second contracts

Flaco had a similar problem except he loved to go to check.... In fact all the padded stats that people like to point out about Joe mostly came on checkdowns early in his career
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 05-25-2021 at 11:01 AM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Unless Lamar can stop locking on to receivers and see the field a little bit better it may not matter who is out there wide receiver..... If you watch sip to tally.... break down the Buffalo game you're going to see what I'm talking about.... Lamar locks on to receivers and does not go to check downs....

I disagree with this narrative so much

this is a no brainer if he wants to come here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Unless Lamar can stop locking on to receivers and see the field a little bit better it may not matter who is out there wide receiver..... If you watch sip to tally.... break down the Buffalo game you're going to see what I'm talking about.... Lamar locks on to receivers and does not go to check downs.... leading to what came on the biggest play of the game which was a pick 6... an unforced error. Yeah the slate is clean now and it's a new year but let's not forget what happened...

I'm a big fan of Lamar's but I don't believe in rose colored glasses when evaluating quarterbacks for long-term second contracts

Flaco had a similar problem except he loved to go to check.... In fact all the padded stats that people like to point out about Joe mostly came on checkdowns early in his career
    You saw Lamar not seeing open receivers because he was focused on just 1? What open guys was he not seeing? Where these the receivers blocking half the time? We weren't exactly running a wide open passing offense with 3 or 4 options for Lamar to go through his progressions and throw the ball to. Usually it was Hollywood and MAndrews and no one else. You even had multiple wide receivers complaining about the way the offense was called.

You don't bring in Julio and run that same offense. Honestly I'm hoping you don't bring in all the wide receivers they already did in free agency and the draft to run that same offense. Lamar should have some actual progressions this year instead of looking to move because his primary guy is covered. A 3 WR set with Julio, Hollywood and Bateman plus MAndrews gives Lamar something he's never had before which is a more wide open passing offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You saw Lamar not seeing open receivers because he was focused on just 1? What open guys was he not seeing? Where these the receivers blocking half the time? We weren't exactly running a wide open passing offense with 3 or 4 options for Lamar to go through his progressions and throw the ball to. Usually it was Hollywood and MAndrews and no one else. You even had multiple wide receivers complaining about the way the offense was called.

You don't bring in Julio and run that same offense. Honestly I'm hoping you don't bring in all the wide receivers they already did in free agency and the draft to run that same offense. Lamar should have some actual progressions this year instead of looking to move because his primary guy is covered. A 3 WR set with Julio, Hollywood and Bateman plus MAndrews gives Lamar something he's never had before which is a more wide open passing offense.
    Andrew’s is reliable if the Ravens are comfortably ahead or hopelessly behind to make a catch. This Mandrews myth is baffling to me.