Page 1 of 16 123 ... LastLast

Julio Jones says "I'm outta there"

I realize we don't NEED him anymore like we did before the draft - having said that - What is the most you would realistically give up for him in a trade?

I would say a 3rd rounder and rework his deal so he is only making 10 mil a year then maybe we would consider it

Re: Julio Jones says "I'm outta there"

Boykin, Proche & a 4th, with a restructure of his contract needed. Got some big contracts coming up....can't afford too much cap space on a 30+ yr old WR.

Not interested in an expensive WR on the back slope of his career.
    "Chin up, chest out."

He is 32 with a lot of games and wear on him. His contract is a deal killer cap number. I’d rather overpay Hollywood for his fifth year option and a franchise tag than buy a 32 year old contract costing almost 40 million all of which is fully guaranteed. Was great does not mean will be great until the end. I understand why Atlanta had to extend him for too much money but we don’t need to bail them out. No draft pick value with his contract unless they give us a first to eat their bad contract.

Blog Entries

They'll have a damn hard time moving him, especially since he said "I'm outta here". Maybe they can get a 3rd if they eat half the salary.

A lot of reasons why it's a big NO for the Ravens

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I would happily do it for a 3rd rd you'd be crazy not to make that deal. Julio could be the difference to winning the SB.

If this was a few years ago and Julio was younger and healthier, I'd be all for it. But not now that he's 32 and is exiting his prime. I think that we've brought in enough 30+ receivers that were much better somewhere else for a little while and at this point, with all the draft capital the Ravens have spent on receivers these last three years, it seems excessive to spend more picks and money to trade for a guy whose best days are most likely behind him instead of seeing what they have in Bateman, Wallace, and Duvernay.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    If this was a few years ago and Julio was younger and healthier, I'd be all for it. But not now that he's 32 and is exiting his prime. I think that we've brought in enough 30+ receivers that were much better somewhere else for a little while and at this point, with all the draft capital the Ravens have spent on receivers these last three years, it seems excessive to spend more picks and money to trade for a guy whose best days are most likely behind him instead of seeing what they have in Bateman, Wallace, and Duvernay.
    if it was a few years ago you’d be trading 2-3 first round picks for Julio. The trade compensation reflects his age, despite still being elite. I think the ravens would be crazy to not at least continue looking into the situation, I think it’s highly unlikely he ends up here, but ain’t no way I’m slamming the door on one of the best players to ever play. I think if Julio is a true option then they probably need to really consider what the plan is with Hollywood.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

Not interested in an expensive WR on the back slope of his career.
    Agreed. Honestly, why would Julio Jones want to end his career playing in the Ravens offense anyway? He would be lucky to get 7-8 targets per game. If I were him, I would try to get myself traded to the Rams, Packers, or 49ers. It would give him a chance to win and contribute to a team with a much better passing offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Ricky Proehl

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Agreed. Honestly, why would Julio Jones want to end his career playing in the Ravens offense anyway? He would be lucky to get 7-8 targets per game. If I were him, I would try to get myself traded to the Rams, Packers, or 49ers. It would give him a chance to win and contribute to a team with a much better passing offense.

The advantage (to the Falcons) of sending him to the Ravens is that they move him out of the conference and won't have to play against him on a regular basis.

Sammy Watkins, maybe a late round pick, but they must take Watkins and his entire contract, including repaying us any bonus money.