Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Hollywood switched to #5

That's a tough number to see someone else wear. I know it's not 52 or 20 or 75 but damn, that's tough to see

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's a tough number to see someone else wear. I know it's not 52 or 20 or 75 but damn, that's tough to see
    I agree. Flacco is still the best qb in Raven's history. They shouldn't have gave that number up. Plus he will be in the Raven's ring of honor. I doubt Hollywood will.

Hope he makes new positive memories with that number and claim it.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Agree. I mean we don't have the history of a Green Bay or even San Fran but he is the best QB we've had and a Super Bowl MVP. Disrespectful.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Agree. I mean we don't have the history of a Green Bay or even San Fran but he is the best QB we've had and a Super Bowl MVP. Disrespectful.

Retiring numbers is silly. You'll just run out of cool numbers; might as well start using triple digits.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    How long before teams start going to negative number? QB is "- 7", etc.... Bc
    Or square roots.

Arctan(7)... Saggitariutt Jefferspin.....Texas A&M

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Retiring numbers is silly. You'll just run out of cool numbers; might as well start using triple digits.
    Yet plenty of teams do it and don't run out of numbers. I'm not saying you have to retire it but there should be a conversation. Perhaps there was and its not public.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Or square roots.

Arctan(7)... Saggitariutt Jefferspin.....Texas A&M
    Trig jersey numbers would be lit

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

He didn’t need to switch. Not advocating to retire #5 or others, just doesn’t seem like a good PR move.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Yet plenty of teams do it and don't run out of numbers. I'm not saying you have to retire it but there should be a conversation. Perhaps there was and its not public.

Maybe they thought it would be awkward to trade him and then retire his number.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

People are melting down on twitter and its fucking hilarious. One dude is pissed that Hollywood is taking 5 because he's loud and his antics. Like what.....Im not even a big fan of Hollywood, but its so dumb. I dont care who wears what number at all, just win baby
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Let me ask you this: is there any objective standard that should be set to where a number is never given out again on a team? What is that objective standard? Do you think there’s an objective standard as to how long a players number shouldn’t be worn? Or do you believe all numbers should be fair game no matter what?