Page 1 of 19 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Extraterrestrial Sightings

What are you guys' honest opinions about the supposed unidentified flying object sightings that have going on lately?

1. It's the U.S. Military pumpfaking to the rest of the world
    2. It's China or some other Military
    3. It's extraterrestial
    4. I couldnt care less
    5. Something else

I want to believe it's fake, just because if that's not the case, then we're screwed. To what degree, who knows? This is all very interesting though.
    Last edited by bandc; 05-19-2021 at 10:19 AM.

2. Re: Extraterrestrial Sightings

#6. I couldn't care less. Time to curl up into a fetal position in your bathtub. They're coming for you. Yes, you. Beware!

Blog Entries

Re: Extraterrestrial Sightings

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    #6. I couldn't care less. Time to curl up into a fetal position in your bathtub. They're coming for you. Yes, you. Beware!

Blog Entries

I love it and find it incredibly fascinating.

Having seen UFO's myself, I'm paying attention. I'm not worried about it, but I am paying attention.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I love it and find it incredibly fascinating.

Having seen UFO's myself, I'm paying attention. I'm not worried about it, but I am paying attention.
    I saw a UFO when i was about 13. A bright object moved across the sky faster than a plane...stopped dead and moved fast in the opposite direction. There is no phenomenon that I know of that would explain that. So yeah, I have always thought these things were out there.

Was watching a TV interview with someone this week and the host said "If they are here, why wouldn't they talk to us?", to which the guest said "Well, they are obviously more advanced than us...what could they learn? I mean, you don't talk to the animals at the zoo, do you?"

LOL

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Was watching a TV interview with someone this week and the host said "If they are here, why wouldn't they talk to us?", to which the guest said "Well, they are obviously more advanced than us...what could they learn? I mean, you don't talk to the animals at the zoo, do you?"

LOL
    I get it's a joke in jest...but the animals in the zoo are aware of our presence and have "relationships" with their handlers.

I believe aliens exist. I think may be they've visited Earth. But even an advance space faring species would realize the importance of making first contact with us. And given the vastness of space, we may be the only other intelligent life they have encountered. And if they are just studying us and at this point don't care to make contact...they're doing a shitty job at remaining incognito.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Black Holes Matter

Blog Entries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Yeah maybe aliens. They've probably been around a long long time if so, so no big deal until proven otherwise. I also think maybe these things are being used as a distraction. It's a conspiracy theory!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Given the ability to apparently defy physics as we know it something inter-dimensional (having access to 4 or more space dimensions would make 3D physics moot) is the most likely answer.

That is, assuming these aren't some military aircraft.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    What are you guys' honest opinions about the supposed unidentified flying object sightings that have going on lately?

1. It's the U.S. Military pumpfaking to the rest of the world
    2. It's China or some other Military
    3. It's extraterrestial
    4. I couldnt care less
    5. Something else

I want to believe it's fake, just because if that's not the case, then we're screwed. To what degree, who knows? This is all very interesting though.
    3. The universe is too large to assume that we inhabit the only planet capable of sustaining life.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    3. The universe is too large to assume that we inhabit the only planet capable of sustaining life.
    Actually . . .

There are estimated to be 10^23 stars in the universe. If the average is 10 planets per star than there are 10^24 planets. That number seems ridiculously large. But what are the odds a planet would form which could host intelligent life? I have explored this and the answer might astonish you.

Also, the universe is 13.8 billion years old. The first generation of stars in the universe were almost exclusively hydrogen (the first matter was almost all H). Those stars are where heavier elements were formed, such as Helium, Lithium, etc. But it wasn't until the second generation of stars that formed from the remnants of those stars that even heavier elements like Carbon and Oxygen were made in large quantities. When those stars went nova third generation stars like our sun started to form with all of the elements we have in our periodic table were available. So it wasn't until 3rd generation solar systems like ours that the whole suite of elements was available. You would be hard pressed to get intelligent life without all of the elements.

Our sun is about 4.5 billion years old. This was at the beginning of third generation stars so there are not solar systems with all of the elements out there much older than ours. Life appeared on earth almost as soon as it cooled enough for the first simple life forms to exist. So our life sustaining solar system is about as old as any and life on this planet came along about as quickly as it possibly could.

Basically, there is little chance life evolved somewhere else that would be that much more advanced than us.

There are likely very, very few life sustainable planets in the universe, much less this galaxy (travel between galaxies even in science fiction isn't possible). I think it is damn near impossible this is intelligent life from a distant solar system.