Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: MVP Rookie of AFC North this Year

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Jamar Chase. Anyone see Justin Jefferson last year? Chase is going to break that rookie record.
    I seriously doubt this happens. While I agree Chase is the better receiver prospect, I doubt he puts up the yards that Jefferson had last year, which had never happened before. Even with Burrow and Chase's chemistry they still don't have a good offensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanMania View Post
    I seriously doubt this happens. While I agree Chase is the better receiver prospect, I doubt he puts up the yards that Jefferson had last year, which had never happened before. Even with Burrow and Chase's chemistry they still don't have a good offensive line.

I agree..plus Kirk cousins threw for 4200 yards last season. I think Chase could have decent numbers but it really depends on Burrow and that oline. They have good skill players though.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post

Im going with Najee Harris, slightly over Chase. I think Chase can eat real good with Burrow, Higgins, and Mixon. But out of these rookies Harris will be utilized the most because I know he is going to put up numbers. He can catch and run out the backfield. And Ben damn sure ain't throwing the ball down field no more. I expect Harris to rush for a 1000 yards and have about 40 or so receptions. He is 6"2 and 225 pounds and ran a 4.45. This dude is no joke.
    Depends on whether Pittsburgh has adequately fixed their line. It's possible it may be even worse this year. Najee could have 400 attempts for 450.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Depends on whether Pittsburgh has adequately fixed their line. It's possible it may be even worse this year. Najee could have 400 attempts for 450.
    If James Conner can get 761 yards rushing in this offense than Najee can get a 1000 in his sleep. But I honestly hope he is a good player. I like to see Pittsburgh be competitive.

Blog Entries

As I wrote earlier I do think the Bengals will have a good o-line this year. Chase also has 17 games to beat what Jefferson got in 16

Based on the teams, historical rookie transitions, and likelihood of putting up numbers
    Harris
    Oweh
    Chase

I think it has to be Harris or Chase.
    Stats wins these awards. CB for Cleveland is not likely to put up a enough stats to get recognized. Ravens OLBs generally do not fill up the state sheet compared to how Pittsburgh uses OLBs. Baltimore places premium on setting the edge and not necessarily on getting sacks. While Oweh and the CB from Cleveland could be playing very well it would more than likely go to an offensive player filling the stat sheet.

If Burrow is healthy and playing well Cincy's offense is loaded. There are a lot of weapons which may limit number of touches for Chase. Pitt is going to feed Harris. Question is going to be Pitts Line. I think Pitt is descending while Cincy is ascending.

The 10 sacks, 5 FF, 3 FR, 20 TFL, 1 INT, 1 TD from Oweh should ice it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'll be Harris. If he has even a sniff of success the Yinzers and the media will fawn over him like the 2nd coming of Franco Harris.

Blog Entries

It's not like there is a media award for MVP rookie in a particular division. It's just going to be the perception of the fans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    The 10 sacks, 5 FF, 3 FR, 20 TFL, 1 INT, 1 TD from Oweh should ice it
    While I'd luv to see that, I don't think it will happen. I believe EDC will sign another pass-rush veteran to go with Bowser and McPhee, even Ferguson will be given a chance to prove himself. Oweh may not see significant playing time until later in the season, and that would affect his stats.

JMO... Bc

Blog Entries

They have the looks of the old Dan Fouts San Diego Chargers. Score 31 a game and still lose. Should be fun to watch

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!