Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Rewatched 2013 Super Bowl

Call me late to the party but whatever, this was the first time I had a chance to really watch the game. But have to say, all these years later, it just looked like a typical Harbaugh loss, except we balled out and won because Greg Roman went after Jimmy Smith and Dean Pees dialed up the right defense..........so big questions.

1) How based on the tape of that game did the front office give Flacco all that money? He just looked like the same Flacco that we saw for years after.....as good as the offensive line and throwing late to whoever was wide open......we wasted many years based on another terrible front office decision after the Super Bowl, this really was Trent Dilfer all over except we paid and got burned.

2) Do we really expect Harbaugh to win big games in the playoffs? We were lucky to win that game against SF and Harbaugh has been riding it ever since.......so far we have squandered two years with Lamar. How much further we going with Harbaugh? Its his scheme as much as it is the players,

You tell me.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Re: Rewatched 2013 Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Do we really expect Harbaugh to win big games in the playoffs? We were lucky to win that game against SF and Harbaugh has been riding it ever since.......so far we have squandered two years with Lamar. How much further we going with Harbaugh? Its his scheme as much as it is the players,

You tell me.
    I know some people will not agree, but our Harbaugh-led Ravens were kicking the 49ers @$$es before the electrical outage. I'm not saying there was a conspiracy, but sometimes teams do lose momentum when there's a break in the action. IMO otherwise we would have easily won by double-digits... Bc

Call me late to the party but whatever, this was the first time I had a chance to really watch the game. But have to say, all these years later, it just looked like a typical Harbaugh loss, except we balled out and won because Greg Roman went after Jimmy Smith and Dean Pees dialed up the right defense..........so big questions.

1) How based on the tape of that game did the front office give Flacco all that money? He just looked like the same Flacco that we saw for years after.....as good as the offensive line and throwing late to whoever was wide open......we wasted many years based on another terrible front office decision after the Super Bowl, this really was Trent Dilfer all over except we paid and got burned.

2) Do we really expect Harbaugh to win big games in the playoffs? We were lucky to win that game against SF and Harbaugh has been riding it ever since.......so far we have squandered two years with Lamar. How much further we going with Harbaugh? Its his scheme as much as it is the players,

You tell me.
    Um Flacco got paid for not only winning that superbowl but for also winning playoff games. Let's remember the superbowl was his 9th playoff win in 5 years on a team that had only won 1 combined playoff game the previous 7 years before Joe.

Same thing for Harbaugh, only he's not to blame for the game being close. Let's be fair. Baltimore was dog walking the 49ers until a stupidly long delay killed all momentum ans cooled off a very hot team

You know that's exactly what I thought too...... But in watching the game again I'm really not so sure about that.

If you rewrite the game and pretend the blackout did not happen it just becomes another Harbaugh loss with the same pattern that we've seen over and over again....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I know some people will not agree, but our Harbaugh-led Ravens were kicking the 49ers @$$es before the electrical outage. I'm not saying there was a conspiracy, but sometimes teams do lose momentum when there's a break in the action. IMO otherwise we would have easily won by double-digits... Bc
    Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Um Flacco got paid for not only winning that superbowl but for also winning playoff games. Let's remember the superbowl was his 9th playoff win in 5 years on a team that had only won 1 combined playoff game the previous 7 years before Joe.

Same thing for Harbaugh, only he's not to blame for the game being close. Let's be fair. Baltimore was dog walking the 49ers until a stupidly long delay killed all momentum ans cooled off a very hot team
    9th playoff win on a team that was almost totally based on defense

You know that's exactly what I thought too...... But in watching the game again I'm really not so sure about that.

If you rewrite the game and pretend the blackout did not happen it just becomes another Harbaugh loss with the same pattern that we've seen over and over again....

But is that based on 2008-2012, or hindsight after the next 6 seasons of Flacco?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

No team will win another SB as long as the NFL makes every rule favor the offense. If you tackle a player hard, like every Ravens team did from 1996-2012 the defense players gets a flag. The ball is moved 15 yards ahead and later the next week the defender gets a fine. It’s a pass happy league these days. It sucks but it is what we have. Ray Lewis would be treated like Burfict was these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    But is that based on 2008-2012, or hindsight after the next 6 seasons of Flacco?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    To tell you the truth I have to go back and watch the 2008 to 2012 seasons to tell you.

Just look at the players.....three of them are in the HOF. And the others like Jarett Johnson, Ngata, Upshaw, C Mac....but all of that money went to a game manager.

I just was kind of mind fucked after watching that game..... Like everyone else I thought it was the high point but there were big problems, and I really think they were hidden by the outcome. Maybe I'm crazy but I think SF was the better team..... And that expression on Harbaugh face-- so we're going to lose this game but it's okay look I just know it so well.

I don't know how you do that though...it did happen. A rewatch almost 10 years later, with everything you know has happened since then AND removing the blackout completely changes the history of what happened. Not gonna argue with you about why Flacco did or did not deserve what he got, there's thousands of pages on here about that already. Also not going to waste time dissecting what a "typical" Harbaugh loss is or what that pattern is. Thousands of pages on that too. But removing the 1 hour+ delay as if it didn't matter is crazy talk.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Rewatched 2013 Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I don't know how you do that though...it did happen. A rewatch almost 10 years later, with everything you know has happened since then AND removing the blackout completely changes the history of what happened. Not gonna argue with you about why Flacco did or did not deserve what he got, there's thousands of pages on here about that already. Also not going to waste time dissecting what a "typical" Harbaugh loss is or what that pattern is. Thousands of pages on that too. (to NOLARavenFAN) But removing the 1 hour+ delay as if it didn't matter is crazy talk.
    Bravo, Rygar! ... Bc

So Joe Flacco = Trent Dilfer. Gotcha. I want whatever you are smoking. I figured after nearly a decade the Flacco bashing would stop, but guess not. Yep…it was entirely the defense for all those playoff games, especially 2012. I mean…identical to what Dilfer was. Maybe worse since Joe ripped off the Ravens for all that money (let’s not even get into the fact that for the first two years, it hardly affected their cap…).

In case you haven’t figured it out…that was sarcasm. It’s ludicrous that you think Joe WASN’T a major reason we were world champs in 2012. Saying he’s essentially the same as Dilfer (who let’s face it would not be a Super Bowl champ if it wasn’t for that historic defense…I love Trent but c’mon…)

I can’t believe I’m even responding to this…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9th playoff win on a team that was almost totally based on defense

You serious? The 2012 defense set the record for being the ONLY superbowl winning defense to give up an AVERAGE of 400 yards per game. They were terrible that year. 11 TDs and 0 INTs won that playoff run