Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Rookie mini-camp updates

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    That's a pretty generous floor for the WRs - there's only one ball to share. Consider that if Bateman and Wallace are guaranteed starters, Marquise Brown's days as a Raven are numbered, and I don't see that happening.
    If Wallace and Bateman play well in their rookie seasons I would strongly consider trading Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    That's a pretty generous floor for the WRs - there's only one ball to share. Consider that if Bateman and Wallace are guaranteed starters, Marquise Brown's days as a Raven are numbered, and I don't see that happening.
    Bateman Floor - Above Average Starter
    Tylan Floor - Average Starter

I don't think it's that generous lol. This is over the course of their rookie contract, not as rookies. Willie Snead was an average starter for us, I have an incredibly hard time believing a guy with the route running, physicality, and ball skills of Tylan is going to end up as anything less than Snead was in this offense, especially as it seems they're going to pass a bit more going forward.

Just like I see no way Bateman ends as anything less than a B tier starter (above average).. not even being a homer, the Ravens just drafted a really nice pair of WR's imo

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If Wallace and Bateman play well in their rookie seasons I would strongly consider trading Brown.
    That's Lamar's guy though, one of his closest friends. I actually think Hollywood has the best year out of all the WR's in 2021 now that he has some help around him to take the pressure off his shoulders. Put me down for Hollywood at 900-1000 yds in the revamped offense, Andrews at 700-800, Bateman at 500-800 (hard to predict his volume), Watkins at 300-500, Wallace/Duvernay combine for 300-500.

Lamar flirts with a 4000 yd passing season with all his new weapons and an extra game

If anything it's Watkins that will end up as the odd man out at the end of the year. They'll let him walk in FA and promote Tylan or Duv up the depth chart. Injuries happen though, I love actually having quality depth at WR for once.

Brown will leave after his rookie deal, go see where he can catch some passes and Puy up some stats

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Bateman Floor - Above Average Starter
    Tylan Floor - Average Starter

I don't think it's that generous lol. This is over the course of their rookie contract, not as rookies. Willie Snead was an average starter for us, I have an incredibly hard time believing a guy with the route running, physicality, and ball skills of Tylan is going to end up as anything less than Snead was in this offense, especially as it seems they're going to pass a bit more going forward.

Just like I see no way Bateman ends as anything less than a B tier starter (above average).. not even being a homer, the Ravens just drafted a really nice pair of WR's imo
    If Snead = average starter, then it makes more sense to me. Wallace can certainly settle into that role. A B-tier starter would then be somebody like Mike Williams, Emmanuel Sanders, or Sterling Shepard.

Looking forward I don't foresee the Ravens picking up any priority WR free agents for years. 'Cause it's gonna be Bateman, Brown, Duvernay and Wallace. Watkins is one-and-done.

Blog Entries

I would explore the possibility of resigning Watkins on the cheap and trading Brown. You might be able to get a 2nd rd pick or more if Brown has a good year with the 5th year option bonus added into the mix.

Probably a silly idea and could piss Lamar off. That's the last thing we should do after seeing QBs like Arod and Deshaun Watson kicking up a fuss. But it has to at least be an option. If they traded Zeus jr who was better at his position than Hollywood currently is... I'd consider almost everyone on the roster expendable for the right compensation.

Unless Lamar stagnates in 2021 or declines the guy is going to get over 40 million a year, we also have to pay Andrews as he is just someone you can't let go of. IF (big if) Bateman and Wallace are the guys we think they could be, it's going to be hard paying Hollywood after his 5th year option. There are no guarantees that the cap is going to shoot up big time before 2023 like a lot of people expect. EDC even acknowledged that.

Brown ain't going anywhere. I think the Ravens have learned their lesson with Boldin

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Rookie mini-camp updates

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    how is the WR blocking?
    Oh Baldy, for the answer to your question you've got to ask Mr. Boykin or his representatives ...Bc

I would explore the possibility of resigning Watkins on the cheap and trading Brown. You might be able to get a 2nd rd pick or more if Brown has a good year with the 5th year option bonus added into the mix.

Probably a silly idea and could piss Lamar off. That's the last thing we should do after seeing QBs like Arod and Deshaun Watson kicking up a fuss. But it has to at least be an option. If they traded Zeus jr who was better at his position than Hollywood currently is... I'd consider almost everyone on the roster expendable for the right compensation.

Unless Lamar stagnates in 2021 or declines the guy is going to get over 40 million a year, we also have to pay Andrews as he is just someone you can't let go of. IF (big if) Bateman and Wallace are the guys we think they could be, it's going to be hard paying Hollywood after his 5th year option. There are no guarantees that the cap is going to shoot up big time before 2023 like a lot of people expect. EDC even acknowledged that.
    That's pretty much where I stand on the issue. I still see Marquise Brown being a major piece for the Ravens for years. I mean, he's a really good WR.

I think the key and very significant difference in the OBJ and Hollywood potential situations is that OBJ forced the Ravens hand to a degree. I'd bet everything I have that if Zues Jr didn't push hard for a trade, the Ravens would have been completely happy keeping him this year and letting him go next year.

Now, if Brown decides to go to the team and privately and publically push for a trade, then yes, I think that scenario is probably on the table. Otherwise, this has never been a team that trades high quality contributors just because they are coming up on the final year of their deal...even when it's a talented and deep respective position group (lone exception was trading Tony Jones after Ogden's rookie year).
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

L E T S
    G O
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Agreed. I really like the upside of this class and the floors seem pretty solid on most of them, only a few that could truly bust imo

Bateman:
    Ceiling: Star WR1
    Floor: Above average X Receiver

Oweh:
    Ceiling: Star OLB
    Floor: Average Starter

Cleveland:
    Ceiling: Above Average LG
    Floor: High end Guard depth

Stephens:
    Ceiling: Above Average Starter
    Floor: Bust

Wallace:
    Ceiling: Pro Bowl WR
    Floor: Average Starter

Wade:
    Ceiling: Pro Bowl Nickel
    Floor: Low end depth

Hayes:
    Ceiling: Above Average Starter
    Floor: Low end depth

Ben Mason:
    Ceiling: Ricard 2.0
    Floor: Bust

Literally anyone can bust. I love Wallace but his floor being an average starter is nuts. His knee could make him completely worthless.