Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 132 of 160
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Western NC
    Posts
    3,687

    Re: I see Biden says no more masks if you've been vaccinated

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    It's almost like their trying to make non-vaccinated people 2nd class citizens or something.
    I get that, but also, at the same time, I wonder just what are their reasonable and legal options? I'm kinda taking a neutral stance on this one for now. Trying to understand both viewpoints. I'm not disagreeing w/you, but, what would you propose they do? Just curious.





  2. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    20,042
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I see Biden says no more masks if you've been vaccinated

    Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I get that, but also, at the same time, I wonder just what are their reasonable and legal options? I'm kinda taking a neutral stance on this one for now. Trying to understand both viewpoints. I'm not disagreeing w/you, but, what would you propose they do? Just curious.
    Personally in the NFL Iíd propose they do nothing. In their age group the virus is not that serious, especially with healthy people. Plus, if youíre vaccinated, why do you care if someone isnít and if someone isnít and doesnít care about any risk, why treat them differently?





  3. #123

    Re: I see Biden says no more masks if you've been vaccinated

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Personally in the NFL Iíd propose they do nothing. In their age group the virus is not that serious, especially with healthy people. Plus, if youíre vaccinated, why do you care if someone isnít and if someone isnít and doesnít care about any risk, why treat them differently?
    This... the vaccine is readily available to everyone that chooses. That should be the end of all COVID related discussion, laws, regulations... anything.

    If one wants to protect themselves, they can get the vaccines(and accept the risk of that). If someone chooses not to get the vaccine they accept the risk of not doing so.

    Everyone can go back to living their lives how they want. No more worrying about your neighbor coughing and killing you, unless you donít believe the vaccine is effective...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  4. #124
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Western NC
    Posts
    3,687

    Re: I see Biden says no more masks if you've been vaccinated

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Personally in the NFL I’d propose they do nothing. In their age group the virus is not that serious, especially with healthy people. Plus, if you’re vaccinated, why do you care if someone isn’t and if someone isn’t and doesn’t care about any risk, why treat them differently?
    Maybe because none of the vaccines are 100% effective and allowing players (or anyone, really)who aren't vaccinated to be in close quarters w/the ones who are is opening up the door to be sued? That's what I'm reading online. Personally, I couldn't care less what people do. I'm just trying to see both viewpoints of it and looking at legal aspects of it. I trust that the NFL has some of the best lawyers that money can buy and this is probably what they are being told. The ol' CYA thing. Also, saying that the virus is not that serious in that or any age group is not anywhere near accurate. The numbers may not be as big, but there are lots of serious cases out there in people that have had it. Young people, who are even athletes. The NFL knows this, no doubt.





  5. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    8,839

    Re: I see Biden says no more masks if you've been vaccinated

    Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Maybe because none of the vaccines are 100% effective and allowing players (or anyone, really)who aren't vaccinated to be in close quarters w/the ones who are is opening up the door to be sued? That's what I'm reading online. Personally, I couldn't care less what people do. I'm just trying to see both viewpoints of it and looking at legal aspects of it. I trust that the NFL has some of the best lawyers that money can buy and this is probably what they are being told. The ol' CYA thing. Also, saying that the virus is not that serious in that or any age group is not anywhere near accurate. The numbers may not be as big, but there are lots of serious cases out there in people that have had it. Young people, who are even athletes. The NFL knows this, no doubt.
    What about people that have had COVID and have the anti-bodies?

    They are NO exceptions for this. If you have the anti-bodies from the vaccine or exposure what is the difference?

    The fact that people who have had the virus and have the anti-bodies are still encouraged/required to get vaccinated is problematic for me. As a person who has the anti-bodies from exposure I am NOT AT ALL interested in getting the vaccine. I don't see the need. Yet I am categorized as unvaccinated (and some kind of pariah). NFL players in my situation are pressured to get the vaccine. Why?





  6. #126
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    20,042
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I see Biden says no more masks if you've been vaccinated

    Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Maybe because none of the vaccines are 100% effective and allowing players (or anyone, really)who aren't vaccinated to be in close quarters w/the ones who are is opening up the door to be sued? That's what I'm reading online. Personally, I couldn't care less what people do. I'm just trying to see both viewpoints of it and looking at legal aspects of it. I trust that the NFL has some of the best lawyers that money can buy and this is probably what they are being told. The ol' CYA thing. Also, saying that the virus is not that serious in that or any age group is not anywhere near accurate. The numbers may not be as big, but there are lots of serious cases out there in people that have had it. Young people, who are even athletes. The NFL knows this, no doubt.
    Sure thereís serious cases in every age group. But for people under 40 itís small. For people under 30 itís really small. And so on.





  7. #127
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Western NC
    Posts
    3,687

    Re: I see Biden says no more masks if you've been vaccinated

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    What about people that have had COVID and have the anti-bodies?

    They are NO exceptions for this. If you have the anti-bodies from the vaccine or exposure what is the difference?

    The fact that people who have had the virus and have the anti-bodies are still encouraged/required to get vaccinated is problematic for me. As a person who has the anti-bodies from exposure I am NOT AT ALL interested in getting the vaccine. I don't see the need. Yet I am categorized as unvaccinated (and some kind of pariah). NFL players in my situation are pressured to get the vaccine. Why?
    I can't answer those questions, except that I think I read the anti-bodies may not last(?) It's quite a quandary for lots of places. All I can answer for sure is there are lots of issues arising w/cardiac related things, most of which you and I are not hearing about. This much I know. I'm not taking one side or the other. As always, the lawyers will be busy for years w/this. I also think the players are getting pressured for the CYA from the NFL.





  8. #128
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Western NC
    Posts
    3,687

    Re: I see Biden says no more masks if you've been vaccinated

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Sure there’s serious cases in every age group. But for people under 40 it’s small. For people under 30 it’s really small. And so on.
    True. But in some (certainly not all) of those cases, there are some severe ones. That's the ones the NFL and others are concerned with......I think. Also, there are some of the same or related issues arising from post-vaccinated people. Weirdly enough, a small majority of cases that are severe or at least "problematic" are w/males. I'm just throwing this out there. People can and will do as they please.....as they should.





  9. #129
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Western NC
    Posts
    3,687

    Re: I see Biden says no more masks if you've been vaccinated

    Ran across this online. A breakdown of existing and pending legislation in all 50 states regarding vaccinations, etc.

    https://www.huschblackwell.com/newsa...s#linktojump21

    This pertains mainly to NC, but references HIPAA and vaccinations, etc.

    https://carolinapublicpress.org/4662...eid=9fd45c3b3b





  10. #130
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    8,839

    Re: I see Biden says no more masks if you've been vaccinated

    Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I can't answer those questions, except that I think I read the anti-bodies may not last(?) It's quite a quandary for lots of places. All I can answer for sure is there are lots of issues arising w/cardiac related things, most of which you and I are not hearing about. This much I know. I'm not taking one side or the other. As always, the lawyers will be busy for years w/this. I also think the players are getting pressured for the CYA from the NFL.
    But the T and B cells do which recognize the virus and spur the creation of the needed anti-bodies. The vaccine does nothing but mimic the virus to make your body respond the same way. There is nothing the vaccine provides infection does not in regard to the immune system. And if the infection induced response doesn't last the vaccine one will not either.

    I don't like the pressure to get this thing.





  11. #131
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    20,042
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I see Biden says no more masks if you've been vaccinated

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    But the T and B cells do which recognize the virus and spur the creation of the needed anti-bodies. The vaccine does nothing but mimic the virus to make your body respond the same way. There is nothing the vaccine provides infection does not in regard to the immune system. And if the infection induced response doesn't last the vaccine one will not either.

    I don't like the pressure to get this thing.
    If you donít like pressure, maybe the enticement of winning a lottery will do it?





  12. #132
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Western NC
    Posts
    3,687

    Re: I see Biden says no more masks if you've been vaccinated

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    But the T and B cells do which recognize the virus and spur the creation of the needed anti-bodies. The vaccine does nothing but mimic the virus to make your body respond the same way. There is nothing the vaccine provides infection does not in regard to the immune system. And if the infection induced response doesn't last the vaccine one will not either.

    I don't like the pressure to get this thing.
    Just out of curiosity, why/how are you feeling pressured? Just in general?





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site