Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Early Analysis of the 2021 Schedule

There's no way to sugarcoat it's a terrible schedule ......no way I want to play all those divisional games at that time in the year.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    The weird thing is though, the Ravens have yet to play the Chiefs in the playoffs. It's all regular season games. The Chiefs haven't ended the Ravens season. So are they really the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The Ravens had the same issue with the Patriots in the regular season for a while until we punched them in the mouth in that will card play off game, then beat them again a few years later at Foxboro in the AFCCG after already beating them @m and t earlier in the regular season. I hope history repeats itself with the Chiefs.
    This is precisely what I'm saying. I disagree that regular season games against the Chiefs are some kind of litmus test for the Ravens and their chances at advancing in the playoffs. They have been in multiple shoot outs with them and also been blown out. All 3 times they made the playoffs and lost to teams that are not built anything like the Chiefs. They have suffered from very poor execution, serious mistakes and inopportune injuries more than anything else in the playoffs. In watching the 3 playoff losses, never did I think the Chiefs game gave us a good indicator of how we would lose those games.

And I agree with you Leach, I think the mythology of this series is setting up perfectly for when they do finally meet in the playoffs. Pundits and sports media will be absolutely convinced there's no way they can beat the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    There's no way to sugarcoat it's a terrible schedule ......no way I want to play all those divisional games at that time in the year.....

Look at it this way, if they run that gauntlet successfully they will be battle tested and primed for a good playoff run - injuries notwithstanding obviously. I like Calais's attitude about it:

“That’s heavyweight battle time. That’s the championship round right there,” Campbell said, via the team’s website. “We’re going to find out what we’re made of real quick. I feel like that’s going to be a grind toward the end. But that’s what we’re built for. We have to earn the right, find a way to get to the playoffs.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Look at it this way, if they run that gauntlet successfully they will be battle tested and primed for a good playoff run - injuries notwithstanding obviously. I like Calais's attitude about it:

“That’s heavyweight battle time. That’s the championship round right there,” Campbell said, via the team’s website. “We’re going to find out what we’re made of real quick. I feel like that’s going to be a grind toward the end. But that’s what we’re built for. We have to earn the right, find a way to get to the playoffs.”
    It's the injuries that I'm worried about.... Teams need to be healthy going into the playoffs and here we're going to be beating on each other....

It's the injuries that I'm worried about.... Teams need to be healthy going into the playoffs and here we're going to be beating on each other....

At least it's not like it was circa 2008-2012...those were bloodbaths. These games will be tough, but it's not that old school type of football being played much anymore.

The Ravens, Steelers, Browns schedules are absolutely brutal this year. Good thing they added the extra playoff seed, I have a feeling we're going to be a very good team but still be in a dog fight for a playoff spot due to the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    At least it's not like it was circa 2008-2012...those were bloodbaths. These games will be tough, but it's not that old school type of football being played much anymore.
    The Steelers and Browns are going to be a bloodbath.... And don't sleep on Cincinnati

The Steelers and Browns are going to be a bloodbath.... And don't sleep on Cincinnati

Nah, they are going to be hard games against good teams with the division on the line. But these games don't exact the physical toll that the games did 10-15 years ago. I do worry they will be exhausted and physically spent...but not that they'll be injury riddled. Those Ravens Steelers and Ravens Titans games back in the day were routinely putting players in the hospital.

Browns play ravens back to back games. First time in 30 years

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Browns play ravens back to back games. First time in 30 years
    Baldy, I don't think so. We play them on Nov. 28th (at home), then play the Steelers on Dec. 5th @ Pittsburgh, next is the Browns again on Dec. 12 @ Cleveland... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Baldy, I don't think so. We play them on Nov. 28th (at home), then play the Steelers on Dec. 5th @ Pittsburgh, next is the Browns again on Dec. 12 @ Cleveland... Bc
    He was talking about the Browns schedule not the ravens. Browns have a bye week the week ravens play the Steelers. So the Browns will be playing the ravens back to back. Which I think the NFL wants to see the Browns try to get over the raven hump.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post
    He was talking about the Browns schedule not the ravens. Browns have a bye week the week ravens play the Steelers. So the Browns will be playing the ravens back to back. Which I think the NFL wants to see the Browns try to get over the raven hump.
    R2Fly, thanks for that ... Bc