Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Early Analysis of the 2021 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    What if Fields is starting for Chicago and someone other than Rodgers is starting for GB. Does that change your loss predictions to those teams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They have to start Fields. And they are the only team that has no consecutive road games this year. I think I saw it has only happened 3 other times and all teams won their division (something like that)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Intriguing list

1) @ LV - Going to be tough as the visiting team in Vegas's first home game with fans. We'll get a good look at what kind of home field advantage the Raiders actually have. Jon Gruden is 6-8 as a head coach in Week 1 games. I don't think this is a trap game because it's week one. (W)

2) KC - Getting this one out of the way early, and second Prime Time game in a row, on a 6 day week. There will be so many story lines. The media wants no major injuries for sure. I'm uncomfortable saying the Ravens get over the hump, but I will because it's a home game. The fans really need to show out on this one. (W)

3) @ DET
    - The Lions get this home game sandwiched between road games @ GB and CHI. I really don't know what to think of this game, so I will default to history, and history says the Lions are a poorly run franchise and will need time for the new roster to gel. (W)

4) @ DEN
    - Third road game in four weeks to open the season. Better now than later I think. The Broncos could open the season 3-0 with games against both New York teams and Jacksonville. If they do, that would have a big impact on their confidence. I will use this as a game the Ravens would win on neutral terms but won't within context of the schedule. It also hedges my bet with the Chiefs game. (L)

5) IND - QB questions surrounding the Cots... will Carson Wentz's ship be righted by now with Frank Reich back in the fold? I'm going to say no. Colts open with a rough schedule and the Ravens get the extra day for the Monday Nighter at home. (W)

6) LAC - The Justin Herbert game. Ravens have a short week but get to stay at home. The Chargers have to play @ KC and vs CLE the two previous weeks. By now, early season injuries are having a major impact across the league... but I can't account for who so I have to assume full health. I don't think the Chargers have quite the horses on defense to pull off this potential swing game. (W)

7) CIN - Three straight home games after the 3/4 road games to start the season. This would be a terrible loss, just don't see that happening. Burrow will be running for his life again this season, but watch for their young trio of OL picks (Carman, Smith, Hill) to develop later. The Bengals have a lot of winnable games on their own schedule, but this ain't it. (W)

8) MIN
    - another home game and this time coming off a bye. Will the Ravens get complacent? Ehhh they're not a team that typically does that off a bye week. Minnesota is my easy pick to win a Rodgers-less NFC North but the deck is stacked against them in this game. (W)

9) @ MIA - on the road again, on a short week, against a team presumably coming off a high against the woeful Texans. Fair or not, there's a reason Tua Tagovailoa almost got the Josh Rosen treatment. You need good QB play to beat the Ravens; it simply will not happen otherwise in the Lamar Jackson era. But schedule-wise, this is a tough game and a potential loss. (W)

10) @ CHI - ten days to prepare for what will likely be a rookie QB. Even with a road game, I think this is one of the easiest games on the schedule. (W)

11) CLE - here we go... the end of the schedule ramps up difficulty big time, starting with the critical home game vs. CLE. You've probably noticed I have the Ravens with just one loss heading into this game. The Browns are going to be fired up but I'm going to stick with a home-and-home split. (W)

12) @ PIT - it's hard to picture the road game against the Steelers as a trap game but it kind of is. My brain is telling me that the Steelers will be fallen apart by now, but my heart says, no, it's still the Steelers road game. I've given the Ravens too many breaks and it's time for adversity to kick in. (L)

13) @ CLE - ...and here the adversity kicks in. I can only imagine the narratives following consecutive road losses to Pittsburgh and Cleveland, especially after starting the season 10-1. The sky will temporarily be falling. (L)

14) GB - the biggest Wild Card on the entire schedule. If Rodgers plays, the Ravens have to deal with him after road games against their division rivals. If he doesn't... well, it's a win, period. I can only shrug my shoulders and go with the surer outcome, because the Ravens still have a good chance to beat the Packers led by Rodgers. (W)

15) @ CIN - The Bengals will likely be a mess by now, and they don't have Marvin Lewis anymore to make late season runs at the Ravens. (W)

16) LAR - It feels way too far ahead to accurately project these games after a full season of injuries, firings and replacements. The Ravens are likely to lose a home game at some point during the season... but I can't see it. I don't see where it happens. Maybe it's here. This feels like a coin flip. (L)

17) PIT - In this scenario the Ravens have lost 3 of 5 and it's time to put the Steelers to bed. They do that. The city of Baltimore rejoices. (W)

--------
    FINAL RECORD: 13-4, AFC North Champs (Browns 12-5, Steelers 9-8, Bengals 5-12)
    Week 1- W
    2- L
    3- W
    4- W
    5- W
    6- L
    7- W
    8- Bye
    9- W
    10- W
    11- W
    12- L
    13- L
    14- W
    15- W
    16- W
    17- W
    18- L (Pitt needs this game to make the playoffs and we don't)

12-5

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They have to start Fields. And they are the only team that has no consecutive road games this year. I think I saw it has only happened 3 other times and all teams won their division (something like that)
    We had the away/home every other week in the 2019 season when they went 14-2. Seems like good things can happen when u get that.

1) @ LV - W
    2) KC - L
    3) @ DET - W
    4) @ DEN - W
    5) IND - W
    6) LAC - L (Our annual sloppy performance)
    7) CIN - W
    8) MIN - W
    9) @ MIA - W
    10) @ CHI - W
    11) CLE - L
    12) @ PIT - L
    13) @ CLE - W
    14) GB - L
    15) @ CIN - W
    16) LAR - W
    17) PIT - W

Final Record 12-5, we split with CLE/PIT, Browns win AFCN

Superbowl: Bills vs. Bucs

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Now that you're semi-acquainted with my wife, and if you're not married, perhaps I you can meet my sister-in-law (?) I don't want to burden you, but I have been trying to "unload" her for over 30 years. Men are fools, but wise enough so there've been no takers thus far, maybe you'll see her as the cover for your pot (?) ... Bc
    A good part of your issue in finding your SIL a mate is on your salesmanship.

Start with "She's one of a kind." "She's a head turner!"

Blog Entries

Other then the winning in the playoffs....more then anything I want to this team to beat the Chiefs week 2.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Other then the winning in the playoffs....more then anything I want to this team to beat the Chiefs week 2.
    I'd like the Ravens to beat the Chiefs in the regular season, but the regular season losses to them just don't bother me as much as they do some fans I guess. I feel about them the same way I used to feel about the Pats. Play em tough in the regular season and maybe squeak out a game or two, but really amp it up and go beat the shit out of them in the playoffs. We have to get our own house in order first, but that's what I care about. They have a great QB and a smart coach...always gonna be a tough team to beat in the regular season so as long as we don't get embarrassed, it just doesn't prove to me that they've gotten over some mythical hump by beating them.

Blog Entries

The Chiefs game is more then just a regular season game.

Spagnulo’s defense was a searing spotlight on every Ravens schematic offensive flaw.

The Chiefs game is a litmus test for where this current Ravens team progress.
    It’s a punch your weight team.

Lamar even called the Chiefs their kryptonite.
    I think it would be a huge boost for the players (and Roman’s) confidence to beat them.

Now I’m not saying they need to beat the Chiefs to win the SB. But the organization will have more swagger if they beat the bully on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    The Chiefs game is more then just a regular season game.

Spagnulo’s defense was a searing spotlight on every Ravens schematic offensive flaw.

The Chiefs game is a litmus test for where this current Ravens team progress.
    It’s a punch your weight team.

Lamar even called the Chiefs their kryptonite.
    I think it would be a huge boost for the players (and Roman’s) confidence to beat them.

Now I’m not saying they need to beat the Chiefs to win the SB. But the organization will have more swagger if they beat the bully on the block.
    The weird thing is though, the Ravens have yet to play the Chiefs in the playoffs. It's all regular season games. The Chiefs haven't ended the Ravens season. So are they really the problem?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    The weird thing is though, the Ravens have yet to play the Chiefs in the playoffs. It's all regular season games. The Chiefs haven't ended the Ravens season. So are they really the problem?
    It depends on what you think the problem is

Blog Entries

The Ravens had the same issue with the Patriots in the regular season for a while until we punched them in the mouth in that will card play off game, then beat them again a few years later at Foxboro in the AFCCG after already beating them @m and t earlier in the regular season. I hope history repeats itself with the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    A good part of your issue in finding your SIL a mate is on your salesmanship.

Start with "She's one of a kind." "She's a head turner!"
    Don’t forget, “She’s a light eater. It gets light; she starts eating.”
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"