Rookie Camp Notes

Conditions were awesome for this morning’s rookie practice session that was dominated by the defense when full-team scrimmaging was in play. I thought to focus on all of the draft picks and a few of the key UDFA’s. I’ll have a more comprehensive report later today but thought to share some observations that I posted on Twitter earlier.

LINK

A total of 23 players comprised the May 14-15 rookie roster that was distributed to the media although there were several players, including the aforementioned Blake Gallagher, who were in attendance for a tryout…This list also includes 5 players who were with the Ravens in 2020, mostly of whom were on the practice squad…Ben Mason was excused because he apparently played his feet raw on Friday. Jake Breeland was also absent from camp. Breeland missed all of 2020 due to a knee injury suffered in 2019. His absence today raises some eyebrows. He has the potential to make the team.

Speaking of tight ends, Eli Wolf moved impressively throughout practice and was the standout at his position today. Undrafted signing Tony Poljan by comparison, lumbers through his routes and isn’t as smooth…Tackle Adrian Ealy looked a bit more polished than I expected. There may be something to build on with the former Oklahoma Sooner. Word is that O-line coach Joe D’Alessandris is looking forward to working with Ealy…I spent some time watching Anthony Weaver work a few interior defenders, the most impressive of which is Xavier Kelly. Kelly carries his 306 pounds well and looks to be a pretty good athlete, at least when observing during individual drills. He packs a pretty good punch off the snap.

More notes HERE

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Rookie Camp Notes

Appreciate the coverage, TL.
    "That's what."
    — She

Wow it is great to have coverage like this - thank you!!!

Im definitely glad to hear the news about Ar’Darius Washington. I know Wade and Stephens will get the nod over him but Washington is a ball hawk. We lack that so much in the secondary. I just hope he shines when he get his chance. But he will be a huge asset in pass happy teams.

Blog Entries

Just happy to see Stephens holding his own. With his size at corner, you always worry about his hips, footwork, etc.

Maybe his best spot ends up at safety, but it’s nice to see that he can at least play corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.