Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Both Browns and Steeler games don't occur until after Thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMoose723 View Post
    Now we play the Browns twice in 3 weeks. They get a bye in between and we play the Steelers, yay...
    I love it. We own the Browns. No amount of media hype will make me fear this schedule. The Browns have been media darlings before. They were like the number 5 superbowl favorites when they traded for OBJ. Everyone said, "so much talent." They fucking sucked. Granted, this is the best Browns team we've faced, coaching included. I think they win a wild card. I think steelers miss the playoffs for the first time in a while. But I'm very hype on this Ravens squad. Also hoping the new hires in the coaching department help the Roman passing game. Harbaugh is an irrelevant cheerleader not worthy of a ring. Had to go there. Been too long.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

2. Re: Both Browns and Steeler games don't occur until after Thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMoose723 View Post
    Now we play the Browns twice in 3 weeks. They get a bye in between and we play the Steelers, yay...
    That stretch is really the only issue with the Ravens schedule, but man is it an insane advantage. The Ravens end up with 2 teams coming off their byes (CHI, CLE) and have to go on the road for each, but the Bears game is mitigated slightly since the Ravens are coming off TNF (so only a 4 day rest advantage instead of 7). The only other Ravens game in which a team has a significant (imo, 3+ day) rest advantage is Baltimore hosting Minnesota off the Ravens bye (+7 days). Baltimore has 4 other games with rest disparity: 1 day less rest than KC (H) and LAC (H), 1 day more rest than DET (A) and PIT (H). Overall, they're -3 days net rest, which is 3rd in the division. They do have to travel for their TNF game (MIA), but at least it's not an AFCN opponent! They have 4(!) consecutive home games (over 5 weeks), including 3 in a row, and they never travel more than 2 weeks in a row.

Looking at other teams in the AFCN (I did this manually, so there may be some mistakes), let's start with net rest:
    • CIN: 11
    • CLE: 5
    • BAL: -3
    • PIT: -8

The Bengals have a very nice schedule. They play no team coming off a bye, and they get extra rest in 3 of their games, 2 of them significant: 7 extra days for LV (A), 3 extra days for GN (H), and 1 extra day for CLE (A). Their TNF game is at home. They do have a stretch of 3 consecutive road games (DET, BAL, NYJ), but that is countered by a stretch of 3 consecutive home games (PIT, LAC, SF).

The Browns were also blessed by the league. The only team they play off a bye is PIT (H), and CLE is coming off TNF, so it's only a 4 day advantage instead of 7. They have the aforementioned extra week of rest before playing BAL (H) the second time, with the added benefit of not having another opponent in between (I don't believe this has happened since 1991, although it was scheduled to occur in 2020 before COVID re-arranged the schedule). They have a rest advantage in 4-5 of their games, but only the game against BAL is significant (they have an extra day of rest for LAC (A), LV (H), PIT (A), and maybe GB (H)). They play 2 teams at a rest disadvantage (the second is CIN (H), who have 1 extra day of rest before the season finale). They never have more than 2 consecutive road games, but they do have 3 consecutive home games (ARZ, DEN, PIT), including their TNF game (DEN).

Frankly, the league shafted the Steelers. Their net rest is terrible. They have a rest advantage in 3 games: 4 extra days for CLE (A) following their bye, 3 extra days for TEN (H), and 1 extra day for LV (H). They are at a rest disadvantage in 5 games: 8 fewer days for DET (H), 3 fewer days for SEA (H) and KC (A), and 1 fewer days for CLE (H) and BAL (A). They also travel for their TNF game (MIN). They have no more than 2 consecutive home or road games at any point in the season.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    another 1:00 home game against pittsburgh. absurd. every f ing year
    Yeah, that does always seem to be the case. When was the last time PIT played at Baltimore in Prime Time? Was it the notorious Tomlin vs Jacoby Jones game?

Looking at the Bears schedule I could see Fields gettin his first start coming out of the bye against the Ravens

One thing I'm happy about is 5 prime time games. Not because I like night games, but it means I only have to find a stream 12 times this season.

If we base it on how teams finished last year, the stretch run to the 2nd half of the season is brutal for both the Steelers and Ravens. Browns have the easiest final 7 of the 3 teams.

Steelers - 5 games against Playoff Teams:
    Bengals, Ravens, Vikings, Titans, Chiefs, Browns, Ravens

Ravens - 6 games against Playoff Teams:
    Browns, Steelers, Browns, Packers, Bengals, Rams, Steelers

Browns - 4 games against Playoff Teams:
    Lions, Ravens, Ravens, Raiders, Packers, Steelers, Bengals
    Last edited by Rygar64; 05-13-2021 at 02:20 AM. Reason: corrected by fellow poster

We already knew on paper how tough this schedule was going to be.
    3 of the first 4 on the road
    Next 4 at home with a bye in between
    4 of the next 5 on road
    3 of last 4 at home
    Week 8 bye - Could have been worse
    5 primetime games -3 at home
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

By week 18 Bens shoulder will be so bad , he won’t be able to wipe his azz

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    By week 18 Bens shoulder will be so bad , he won’t be able to wipe his azz
    I honestly don't think he makes it through the season. If he survives the Green Bay game, the 1st Browns game and the Bears game I will be totally shocked.

10. Re: Both Browns and Steeler games don't occur until after Thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Steelers - ALL games against Playoff Teams:
    The Minnesota Vikings did not make the playoffs last season. Obviously, neither did the Cincinnati Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    If we base it on how teams finished last year, the stretch run to the 2nd half of the season is brutal for both the Steelers and Ravens. Browns have the easiest final 7 of the 3 teams.

Steelers - ALL games against Playoff Teams:

Ravens - 6 games against Playoff Teams:
    Browns, Steelers, Browns, Packers, Bengals, Rams, Steelers

Browns - 4 games against Playoff Teams:
    Lions, Ravens, Ravens, Raiders, Packers, Steelers, Bengals
    It needs to be more challenging. Head in the playoffs beating worthy opponent but who knows how teams will be by then.

Quote Originally Posted by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ View Post
    The Minnesota Vikings did not make the playoffs last season. Obviously, neither did the Cincinnati Bengals.
    My bad, I had my schedule years flipped. I will correct