Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Week 1 vs Raiders.(MNF)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Waller, Snead and Ngakoue will see their old team.

I dread this but it's going to be a year full of primetime games... I prefer Sunday at 1
    Ugh same

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    105.7 morning show was talking about what if the NFL knows something the public doesn't and the possibility of Rodgers getting dealt to LVR. That would change things as far as how easy this game looks. Because it is a pretty random game to have on MNF W1 especially with no double header where they'd usually be the late game.
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    LV are about the most random team you could match us up with in the AFC.

Basically no historical rivalry. The only contentious game we had was probably the AFCCG back in 2001, but you can hardly use that as a storyline unless we do ever end up playing them again in the AFCCG. They are also both polar opposites in playing style and how the franchises are ran.

Yeah don't really get this one. Not really complaining though, we match up really well with LV. They aren't built to beat physical and nasty teams.
    Possibly throwing Las Vegas and the Raiders a bone here. They never got to unveil that new stadium properly last year and had the draft that was suppose to be held there last year essentially cancelled due to the pandemic.
    So they get to open up on national TV with the mystique of "Raider Nation" and their storied fanbase and halloween costumes led by "Chucky" hosting one of last years playoff teams being led by one of the leagues most dynamic players.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

3. Re: Week 1 vs Raiders.(MNF)

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Raiders have 3 new starters on their OL and their defense stinks. We should win.

Beautiful stadium though.
    I don't know if I'd say their defense stinks. It was spotty last year, but they have filled some of the holes in the secondary so we'll have to see how they pan out and they have a new coordinator. Second, I don't find them having three new starters as necessarily a problem, I mean if it is then the same logic can be applied to us, who will have potentially four new starters.

Just to throw this out there. Who was the D Coordinator who first frustrated Lamar in his first playoff loss? Gus Bradley. That's who Lamar will face in week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Was thinking of going, tix are like 1K. LOL...
    Yeah I was really hoping to go to that game. But I don’t think the Raiders had fans in attendance last year — at least not the general public. So first ever game with fans in that stadium + Monday night + season opener = HotInHere ain’t paying for those tickets.

I did watch the final low fare Southwest return nonstops for Tuesday get sold out a few minutes after the game was announced. So major props to Ravens fans. There will be plenty who are paying that $1000/ticket.
    "Chin up, chest out."

5. Re: Week 1 vs Raiders.(MNF)

And just to add, if you look at the Raiders roster, they are set up for Gus Bradley to run the same defense he did vs Lamar his rookie season. Multiple Safeties. I like our chances with our new personnel against that kind of look, but we'll certainly have to see how this plays out.

Blog Entries

Like a lot of us, I'm really hoping to go to that game. I would just keep an eye on how the price fluctuates. Remember, this isn't oaklands raiders and I would be surprised if there is a lot of the same enthusiasm for this team. Vegas is made up of tr transplants. Will tickets be expensive, yes of course, but I think they'll drop a good bit in the coming months.
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    I don't know if I'd say their defense stinks. It was spotty last year, but they have filled some of the holes in the secondary so we'll have to see how they pan out and they have a new coordinator. Second, I don't find them having three new starters as necessarily a problem, I mean if it is then the same logic can be applied to us, who will have potentially four new starters.

Just to throw this out there. Who was the D Coordinator who first frustrated Lamar in his first playoff loss? Gus Bradley. That's who Lamar will face in week 1.
    I watched a bunch of Raiders game last season... they were one of the worst in the league. Did you watch that debacle against Miami?

Blog Entries

Question Re: Week 1 vs Raiders.(MNF)

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    LV are about the most random team you could match us up with in the AFC.

Basically no historical rivalry. The only contentious game we had was probably the AFCCG back in 2001, but you can hardly use that as a storyline unless we do ever end up playing them again in the AFCCG. They are also both polar opposites in playing style and how the franchises are ran.

Yeah don't really get this one. Not really complaining though, we match up really well with LV. They aren't built to beat physical and nasty teams.
    leach, it's not the Ravens home opener, so what's the problem? Does our 1st regular season game have to have drama of some sort? It's a game on our schedule, so what does it matter when or where it's played? ... Bc

How much am I going to have to shell out to get those tickets

1000% these will sellout. Vegas loves the Knights, they will love the raiders

Gus Bradley is their defensive coordinator and the last time Lamar Jackson faced a defense with him as the player caller it didn't go well for The Ravens offense. This definitely a game where Lamar has to show growth as passer because they definitely going to be doing exactly what The Bills did against The Ravens in the playoffs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Gus Bradley is their defensive coordinator and the last time Lamar Jackson faced a defense with him as the player caller it didn't go well for The Ravens offense. This definitely a game where Lamar has to show growth as passer because they definitely going to be doing exactly what The Bills did against The Ravens in the playoffs.
    Roman is the OC now, I think he will have a plan

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!