Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Schedule Predictions Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Now that the schedule is out, here are the NFL.com cumulative predictions for the AFCN :

Ravens = 10.8 wins

Browns - 10.5 wins

Steelers = 7.7 wins

Bangals = 6.3 wins

Roughly they predict the Ravens will win the AFCN @ 11 - 5, with the Browns close behind @ 10 - 6. Steelers break even @ 8 -8, with the Bengals trailing @ 6 - 10.

... Bc
    Chief, don't forget we play 17 games this year!

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Red face Re: Schedule Predictions Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Chief, don't forget we play 17 games this year!
    Yes camdenyard, so in that case :

The Ravens would win the AFCN @ 12 - 5, with the Browns close behind @ 11 - 6. Steelers @ 9 -8, with the Bengals trailing @ 6 - 11... Bc

My way-too-early predictions:
    1) @ LV - Interesting choice for the NFL, but I guess the new (sort of) stadium is the selling point. Still, I don't know that the Raiders can really expect to get much of a bounce from being the home team: I’d expect the fans' attention to be focused as much (if not more) on the novelty of the experience as on the game. And we are the better team. (W)

2) KC - KC was far from dominant last season - they won their last 7 games of the season by 6 points or less. But they did win them. In our 3 match-ups against Mahomes, we've given up an average of 32 points. Until we prove we can hold that offense in check, KC is the favorite (L)

3) @ DET - The Lions were not a good team last year, and they have gotten worse at the most important position this off-season (QB). (W)

4) @ DEN - They should start Bridgewater. They'll probably start Lock. Doesn't matter. Their defense will not have an answer. (W)

5) IND - I love me some Frank Reich. Why? 42-40 (look it up). Be interesting to see if he can get Carson Wentz turned around. But the Ravens are a tough out at M&T, and the Colts will be playing their 3rd consecutive road game. (W)

6) LAC - I think Hebert is going to be really good. And we are playing on short rest. But we will be home, and playing a west coast team in the 1PM time-slot. (W)

7) CIN - As much as I like Hebert, I like Burrow even more. The big questions is, how long will it take him to fully recover from his injury. I'm predicting somewhere around week 7. Teams with multiple, talented wide-outs and a QB who can sling the ball have always given us fits. I'm also worried some of our guys may be looking past this matchup and thinking about the upcoming bye week. Here is your first (and hopefully only) upset. (L)

8) MIN - Ravens playing at home, coming off of a bye? And possibly also an upset loss in week 7? If you're still alive in your NFL survivor pool and haven’t used the Ravens yet, this is the week to do it. (W)

9) @ MIA – A road game on short rest is not ideal for any team. But this is Miami, who we’ve pretty much owned in recent years (8-1 since 2008). Tua will only be starting his 17th game, and this D is always tough on young QBs. (W)

10) @ CHI – Depends on the QB. If it’s Foles, this could be a close game. If they start the rookie, no contest. Either way, ten days to prepare for a mediocre team spells victory. (W)

11) CLE – The last 7 games are brutal. Cleveland is going to be even better this year, as Mayfield becomes more consistent. They are probably as good as us in 2021, so we’ll go with the home-home split. (W)

12) @ PIT – I can’t think of any good reason why we shouldn’t be favored against the Steelers in both of our 2021 matchups. But the favorite doesn’t always win the game - we were the better team last year, and lost both. Also, I expect Pgh to be something like 6-6 and fighting for their season. A desperate, still-dangerous Steelers squad playing in Pgh spells a loss for us. (L)

13) @ CLE – Interesting schedule quirk. Since the Browns have a week 12 bye, they will literally be playing against us in back-to-back games. With an extra week to prepare, they get the win. (L)

14) GB – Packers were an extremely good and balanced team last year: Top-10 team on both offense and defense; very tough on the road (6-2); and led by a future HOF QB. The big question is, does Rodgers return? If he does, I expect them to be again at or near the top of the NFC. And since I do expect that he’ll return, I peg this as a rare home loss for us. (L)

15) @ CIN –The Ravens will be coming off 3 consecutive losses and in some playoff jeopardy. But with the Bengals upset-win over us at M&T in week 7 adding some extra motivation, I’m predicting a solid win over Cincy, whose season should be well over by now. (W)

16) LAR – How good is Matt Stafford? At 33, I’m not sure anyone actually knows. His bulk stats are amazing – but that’s what happens when you play for a chronically bad team and sling the ball all over the field every game while playing mostly from behind. His efficiency stats (Comp %, TD/INT ratio, QB Rating, etc.) are just so-so. Personally, I think he’s only marginally better than average. (W)

17) PIT – *This game comes with a caveat, since it is possible our playoff position will be decided and we could choose to rest some key starters*
    For Pgh, I expect the Steelers to come into this game something like 8-8, with their playoff hopes having ended the week before in a loss to the Browns. The only thing left for them to play for will be the chance to send Big Ben into retirement with a victory in his last career game, against a hated rival. Won’t be enough. (W)

AFCN:
    Ravens: 12-5
    Browns, 12-5
    Steelers: 8-9
    Bengals: 5-12
    Last edited by MarkS; 05-26-2021 at 11:54 AM.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Blog Entries

5-0/4-0 in the Playoffs.
    The regular season W/L will be good enough to make the playoffs....once in they get in they get hot and win the Super Bowl!
    Last edited by edromeo; 05-26-2021 at 03:12 PM.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Ravens will go 15-1.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Schedule Predictions Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Ravens will go 15-1.
    With our one loss being on December 19th?

That's the day the Packers play the Ravens in Baltimore.

Hmm, I can live with that ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    With our one loss being on December 19th?

That's the day the Packers play the Ravens in Baltimore.

Hmm, I can live with that ... Bc
    I think he left the Packers out of the prediction - it's only 16 games

I was trying to talk a little smack. I’m only joking around with you guys though.

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Schedule Predictions Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I think he left the Packers out of the prediction - it's only 16 games
    LOL and I was a Math Major. OK, so "only" 15 - 1 - 1 (tie game with Packers)... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    My way-too-early predictions:
    1) @ LV - Interesting choice for the NFL, but I guess the new (sort of) stadium is the selling point. Still, I don't know that the Raiders can really expect to get much of a bounce from being the home team: I’d expect the fans' attention to be focused as much (if not more) on the novelty of the experience as on the game. And we are the better team. (W)

2) KC - KC was far from dominant last season - they won their last 7 games of the season by 6 points or less. But they did win them. In our 3 match-ups against Mahomes, we've given up an average of 32 points. Until we prove we can hold that offense in check, KC is the favorite (L)

3) @ DET - The Lions were not a good team last year, and they have gotten worse at the most important position this off-season (QB). (W)

4) @ DEN - They should start Bridgewater. They'll probably start Lock. Doesn't matter. Their defense will not have an answer. (W)

5) IND - I love me some Frank Reich. Why? 42-40 (look it up). Be interesting to see if he can get Carson Wentz turned around. But the Ravens are a tough out at M&T, and the Colts will be playing their 3rd consecutive road game. (W)

6) LAC - I think Hebert is going to be really good. And we are playing on short rest. But we will be home, and playing a west coast team in the 1PM time-slot. (W)

7) CIN - As much as I like Hebert, I like Burrow even more. The big questions is, how long will it take him to fully recover from his injury. I'm predicting somewhere around week 7. Teams with multiple, talented wide-outs and a QB who can sling the ball have always given us fits. I'm also worried some of our guys may be looking past this matchup and thinking about the upcoming bye week. Here is your first (and hopefully only) upset. (L)

8) MIN - Ravens playing at home, coming off of a bye? And possibly also an upset loss in week 7? If you're still alive in your NFL survivor pool and haven’t used the Ravens yet, this is the week to do it. (W)

9) @ MIA – A road game on short rest is not ideal for any team. But this is Miami, who we’ve pretty much owned in recent years (8-1 since 2008). Tua will only be starting his 17th game, and this D is always tough on young QBs. (W)

10) @ CHI – Depends on the QB. If it’s Foles, this could be a close game. If they start the rookie, no contest. Either way, ten days to prepare for a mediocre team spells victory. (W)

11) CLE – The last 7 games are brutal. Cleveland is going to be even better this year, as Mayfield becomes more consistent. They are probably as good as us in 2021, so we’ll go with the home-home split. (W)

12) @ PIT – I can’t think of any good reason why we shouldn’t be favored against the Steelers in both of our 2021 matchups. But the favorite doesn’t always win the game - we were the better team last year, and lost both. Also, I expect Pgh to be something like 6-6 and fighting for their season. A desperate, still-dangerous Steelers squad playing in Pgh spells a loss for us. (L)

13) @ CLE – Interesting schedule quirk. Since the Browns have a week 12 bye, they will literally be playing against us in back-to-back games. With an extra week to prepare, they get the win. (L)

14) GB – Packers were an extremely good and balanced team last year: Top-10 team on both offense and defense; very tough on the road (6-2); and led by a future HOF QB. The big question is, does Rodgers return? If he does, I expect them to be again at or near the top of the NFC. And since I do expect that he’ll return, I peg this as a rare home loss for us. (L)

15) @ CIN –The Ravens will be coming off 3 consecutive losses and in some playoff jeopardy. But with the Bengals upset-win over us at M&T in week 7 adding some extra motivation, I’m predicting a solid win over Cincy, whose season should be well over by now. (W)

16) LAR – How good is Matt Stafford? At 33, I’m not sure anyone actually knows. His bulk stats are amazing – but that’s what happens when you play for a chronically bad team and sling the ball all over the field every game while playing mostly from behind. His efficiency stats (Comp %, TD/INT ratio, QB Rating, etc.) are just so-so. Personally, I think he’s only marginally better than average. (W)

17) PIT – *This game comes with a caveat, since it is possible our playoff position will be decided and we could choose to rest some key starters*
    For Pgh, I expect the Steelers to come into this game something like 8-8, with their playoff hopes having ended the week before in a loss to the Browns. The only thing left for them to play for will be the chance to send Big Ben into retirement with a victory in his last career game, against a hated rival. Won’t be enough. (W)

AFCN:
    Ravens: 12-5
    Browns, 12-5
    Steelers: 8-9
    Bengals: 5-12
    Although I don’t agree with all of your points, this is a very good analysis projection. Somewhere in the multiverse, this will all come true.