Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Tylan Wallace vs Devin Duvernay

To answer my own question, I feel like I’m a lot more excited about Wallace, but I can’t tell how much of that is just recency bias which is a big part of why I started this thread in the first place lol.

As to part two, I think at full strength Duv has more of a role because he seemingly has more of a niche carved out for himself with his speed and YAC ability. Scheme him some touches and see if he can break one. But when we have a guy or two out I think Wallace’s more well rounded skillset will translate better into the natural offense.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    That's gonna be a great competition to watch during the offseason/preseason.
    Yeah I’m really excited about this. After years of scrubby vets and UDFA types rounding out the WR crops we have a lot of really talented young prospects competing for a finite number of snaps this year. Should be real iron sharpens iron situation for that room. So refreshing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Yeah I’m really excited about this. After years of scrubby vets and UDFA types rounding out the WR crops we have a lot of really talented young prospects competing for a finite number of snaps this year. Should be real iron sharpens iron situation for that room. So refreshing.
    I would try Wallace at PR/KR and see what he can do there.

I hope they get plenty of reps and attempts in preseason.

Now that Willie Snead has departed I think it is going to be super interesting how they use the slot position. I think Duvernay could be really dynamic there, getting him the ball quickly. I think Hollywood might be even better there than on the outside. And I even think Boykin could find a role there doing some interesting things blocking and running slants.

That leaves the other three to work from the outside.
    "That's what."
    — She

1. I would have drafted Duvernay on day 3, and Wallace late day 2, so they ended up being drafted in reverse of my order.

2. They have different strengths and weaknesses. Wallace isn't terribly fast, and has the injury history, but he's a precise route runner (and fortunately faster than Proche). Duvernay has the straight line speed but didn't have the polish / variety of routes and moves coming out of college. One strength that they do share is that both are physical especially for their size.

So first off, Duvernay will stay active every week that he is healthy, as the primary return man. That's a plus for opportunity in offense. Wallace has no guarantee to be active on game day. He'll likely be competing with either Boykin or Proche, whichever of those two makes the 53 man roster. Don't see the team activating all six WR. Wallace is a bit redundant with Sammy Watkins and Rashod Bateman. So he may have to rely on injury to see targets, and we don't want that. So my answer is Duvernay.