Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tylan Wallace vs Devin Duvernay

1. Who did you prefer purely as a prospect coming out of the draft? (i.e. pretend you hadn’t seen Duv’s rookie year and it didn’t influence your perception of him in either direction)

2. Who do you think has a bigger role on the offense by the end of the 2021 season?

Blog Entries

Re: Tylan Wallace vs Devin Duvernay

One interesting thing is that both have twin brothers who played college football.

I personally like Wallace more than Duvernay even though Wallace does have an injury history. Wallace ran very crisp routes and could make cuts as sharp as any prospect I've seen. He doesn't have great speed but I thought his skill set really transferred well to the NFL. Duvernay has more athletic ability but seemed to just rely on his speed to demolish corners. I didn't think that was enough for the NFL. Hopefully this year he takes the next step.

I'd love it if either pulled a Dobbins and began to push Watkins out the same way Dobbins pushed Ingram out by the end of the season.

Both are sweet weapons off the bench.

I don't watch much college ball but have managed to see Wallace play a few times. After Bateman he was probably my favorite pick.

To me, Wallace is more versatile & has fantastic ball skills. Whereas Duv has speed you can't teach.

Both can be quite physical & tenacious. I'm loving them coming in as change ups.

Just only pray that Roman learns to incorporate them.

I prefer Wallace, he's a more nuanced WR prospect, one of the best route runners in the draft this year. That's not to say I don't like Duvernay but I think he's more one-dimensional, a very good athlete that just happens to play WR.

Duvernay's route running is a little suspect, he has tight hips which is why he's more of a vertical route runner (more north/south not as much east/west), he has trouble breaking down and being sudden with short/intermediate routes. I like his gadget ability, jet sweeps, screens, can do some fun stuff with him... but leaves a lot to be desired as a complete WR prospect. But as your primary returner he does have value elsewhere.

Wallace isn't the biggest guy, isn't extremely sudden, isn't extremely fast, isn't extremely athletic. But he's crisp and technical with above average athleticism. He's a guy that can run any route you want him to exactly the way you drew it up. I imagine he's very easy to coach and very easy to trust in games. While he's not going to dust NFL DB's with his speed, he wins with technique and his super competitive attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I prefer Wallace, he's a more nuanced WR prospect, one of the best route runners in the draft this year. That's not to say I don't like Duvernay but I think he's more one-dimensional, a very good athlete that just happens to play WR.

Duvernay's route running is a little suspect, he has tight hips which is why he's more of a vertical route runner (more north/south not as much east/west), he has trouble breaking down and being sudden with short/intermediate routes. I like his gadget ability, jet sweeps, screens, can do some fun stuff with him... but leaves a lot to be desired as a complete WR prospect.

Wallace isn't extremely sudden, isn't extremely fast, isn't extremely athletic. But he's crisp and technical. He's a guy that can run any route you want him to exactly the way you drew it up. I imagine he's very easy to coach and very easy to trust in games. While he's not going to dust NFL DB's with his speed, he wins technique and his super competitive attitude.
    Runs like he hates humanity as he blasts through tacklers

That was my favorite part of the scouting report on Duvernay. It's a shame we didn't get to see more of that last year. I agree that he is more one dimensional and Wallace has the higher upside as a total package. I still think Duvernay can be a useful piece though.

Depending on how many receivers we keep and if Roman really does open up the playbook I think we may see more of Duvernay than Wallace, at least early. I say that because Duvernay will be our KR and maybe PR, so he will be active every Sunday. If Boykin makes the team he has also shown value on ST. Wallace may be inactive until we see an injury or something.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Duverney is a beast if they would just play him and throw to him
    I have no confidence that a Roman/Lamar Jackson offense will ever make a WR look good

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    1. Who did you prefer purely as a prospect coming out of the draft?
    I was a huge fan of Duvernay coming out. I still think he has tremendous upside in the right scheme and I don't think he'll actualize that under Roman.
    Strong, physical, fast WR...but he's stiff and not particular agile/crisp in his route running.

Not the type of WR that you put outside and ask them to win.
    But, he has true vertical speed and ability to separate vertically and threat could be used to complement underneath stop routes and horizontal lead passes.

He runs a mean corner route and switch route from the slot and is generally brings quickness, explosion and running back toughness to the WR spot.

I love Tylan Wallace game more though. Tremendous ability to adjust to the ball in the air. Really, goes after the ball.
    Was able to win outside in college, solid route runner that quietly had better catch rate then Bateman and Marshall.
    Solid route runner....needs to work on strength at the LOS vs press. Good after the catch too, posted this earlier in another thread:

Seem like the type of WR that a QB could quickly build trust in.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    2. Who do you think has a bigger role on the offense by the end of the 2021 season?
    Wallace because i think he's more versatile and can back-up any of the WR spots.
    Last edited by edromeo; 05-09-2021 at 10:16 PM.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

If you put both of their skillsets together, you basically have Steve Smith....

Blog Entries

That's gonna be a great competition to watch during the offseason/preseason.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

I felt slightly more confident Duvernay could play his game vs NFL CBs more than I am Wallace can, but it’s very close and that was the deciding factor

Wallace although I liked the Duvernay pick too.

Wallace has more of the pure feet, hips build of a natural WR, Duvernay has more of a RB build and versatility.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Duvernay is really really fast. If we’re purely talking about coming outta school, I’d probably say I was more into the Duv pick