Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

If I could sign only 1 more free agent, it would be...

I know everyone will be pounding for Justin Houston, but suddenly we have 5 OLBs who need to make the roster.
    Bowser, Oweh (R), McPhee, Ferguson and Hayes(R). I don't think we would keep 6 on the active roster. Maybe Ferguson is on the bubble?

However, I would love to add another DT who can push his man off the ball and create havoc inside. That guy to me is Jurell Casey. He's 31, so yeah I get it. But he doesn not have any past leg injuries that may slow him down or sap his strength. His injury last year was a biceps injury and if he's healthy, the man plays like a Raven and at the right salary would give us a 5th solid Dlineman to go along with Campbell, Wolfe, BWilliams and Madubuike. Justin Ellis? No thank you. 2 years/$9M gets it done. $5M Guaranteed? Is that too much?

Who do you see still out there worth signing and at what price?

Blog Entries

Re: If I could sign only 1 more free agent, it would be...

Zach Erts if he gets cut otherwise Justin Houston. Both would be great if possible

I don't see the point. The DL is already over the hill. Sure, you can swap out Ellis for Casey and the age isn't that different, but then you have no backup NT if Williams were to get hurt.

Blog Entries

If Houston comes I don't know if Ferguson makes the roster. It's would be the same as with the wide receivers. Guys who haven't performed don't automatically get a roster spot just because they were a draft pick. They'd have to earn it in camp.

I like Casey but he hasn't really been a DT in years. He was moved outside which is where he did most of his damage. I would think of him as more of part of the rotation with Wolfe and Campbell than BWill and Madubuike. He's certainly the size of a DT but he's more of a push from the edge than push up the middle these days.

Just because Ellis weighs 330+ lbs doesn't mean he's an effective NT. He was getting pushed down the field or on his butt last year. Wolfe or Casey can stuff the run better than Jelly Ellis.

Yeah I’m intrigued.

Houston

Houston is the obvious answer. So I will go with Sheldon Richardson. Upgrade over Washington and hurt a rival who may still resign him.
    "That's what."
    — She

Ertz if he's released

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Houston is the obvious answer. So I will go with Sheldon Richardson. Upgrade over Washington and hurt a rival who may still resign him.
    Good shout, Richardson is a notorious asshole but still a good football player, nice little role player still hanging out waiting for a team

The Ravens may hold with what they got if Houston or another edge is not signed. Could see them make a play before the deadline and grab a player like Von Miller or something if things go south in Denver and if the Ravens pass rush is not performing on all cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Houston is the obvious answer.
    I think it's obvious beacuse Houston's the right answer.

The Ravens have 5 OLBs on the roster but one is old and injury prone, one is likely to be raw, one has never shown anything and one is good but not a pure rusher and one is a late round rookie. That group, far more then the interior D Line is still crying out for an NFL ready veteran addition.