Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Suggs retirement?

Wonder if he'll announce it anytime soon. He obviously didn't play in 2020 after the SB. He'd be eligible for the HOF in 2026 a year after Yanda's eligibility.

Re: Suggs retirement?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Wonder if he'll announce it anytime soon. He obviously didn't play in 2020 after the SB. He'd be eligible for the HOF in 2026 a year after Yanda's eligibility.
    I was wondering the same thing.

Blog Entries

My (expanding) gut feeling is he will announce it, but isn't ready now. He certainly has earned the right to take his sweet time. After a HOF career, his last game being his 2nd Super Bowl win (just like Ray Lewis), I can't see him playing again. After 17 years (139 sacks) and 21 playoff games (12.5 sacks) plus multiple FFs, FRs, Ints, PDs, and STFs, he has nothing left to prove... Bc

I dont know if people see the same ads but I'm seeing the AARP on this thread lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    I dont know if people see the same ads but I'm seeing the AARP on this thread lol.
    Of course - it mentions 'RETIREMENT'.

Are you sure? I assumed “official” announcements are just a formality. They both last played in the same season so unless he shows up to play again they’d be eligible the same year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Are you sure? I assumed “official” announcements are just a formality. They both last played in the same season so unless he shows up to play again they’d be eligible the same year

The bigger question - Will he sign a 1 day contract to retire as a Raven?

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post

Correct:
    https://www.nfl.com/news/peyton-mann...-of-fame-class

"To be considered for election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, a nominated individual must not have participated as an active player for five consecutive seasons"

Be nice if they went in together in 2025, but I don't think Yanda makes it on the 1st ballot.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Correct:

"To be considered for election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, a nominated individual must not have participated as an active player for five consecutive seasons"

Be nice if they went in together in 2025, but I don't think Yanda makes it on the 1st ballot.
    I was worried Yanda wouldn't get in on his first try until the last 2 classes were announced. With both Hutchinson and Faneca in now, I don't think there are any roadblocks to Marshal being first ballot. Guess it will come down to who else he is competing with from his class. But I don't think there is a case to be made any longer that there are "better" guards that should get in before him.

If both Suggs and Yanda go in, will that seal the deal on Ozzie being the greatest GM to ever do it? At least in the free agency era? That would be 5 hall of famers drafted in an 12 year period.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Correct:

I disagree, Yanda will be first ballot. Look at the amount of pro bowls and all pros he made... he matches up with all of the recent HOF interior guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I was worried Yanda wouldn't get in on his first try until the last 2 classes were announced. With both Hutchinson and Faneca in now, I don't think there are any roadblocks to Marshal being first ballot. Guess it will come down to who else he is competing with from his class. But I don't think there is a case to be made any longer that there are "better" guards that should get in before him.
    But he's not just competing with every other eligible guard.
    He's competing with ever other eligible player at any position for one of only 5 slots available each year.

The only pure guard elected to the HoF on the 1st ballot in the modern era? The Patriot's John Hannah (1991). And Hannah was a TEN-TIME 1st-team All-pro
    Last edited by MarkS; 05-10-2021 at 01:37 PM.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan