Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Suggs retirement?

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    The bigger question - Will he sign a 1 day contract to retire as a Raven?
    I don't think there is really a doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I was worried Yanda wouldn't get in on his first try until the last 2 classes were announced. With both Hutchinson and Faneca in now, I don't think there are any roadblocks to Marshal being first ballot. Guess it will come down to who else he is competing with from his class. But I don't think there is a case to be made any longer that there are "better" guards that should get in before him.
    maybe not guard, but there is a tackle that absolutely should be in the HOF. It is Joe Jacoby, from the Washington Redskins and the lead Hog. No way should he not be in the Hall of Fame. Like the Football team or not, he was an incredible tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    To this day I haven't seen a more dominant guard than John Hannah. It would have been "criminal negligence" if he wasn't voted in on the 1st ballot. I know there is a lot of " recency bias" when people judge players nowadays, but anybody old enough to have seen Hannah play will tell you what a dominant, dominant player he was. My God it was fun watching him literally destroy people.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4JAjAUt5T0
    Yep, I saw Hannah play and I'd agree, he was the most dominant. It's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanMania View Post
    I don't think there is really a doubt
    Until he does there is always a doubt.

Suggs is for sure a HOFer, but first ballot?

Sacks 8th
    TFL 1st
    FF 11th
    post season sacks 3rd
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post

Sacks 8th
    TFL 1st
    FF 11th
    post season sacks 3rd
    I think so. He has time, multi dimensional, and the respect of his opponents... only knock on Suggs is “Malice in his heart.”

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I think so. He has time, multi dimensional, and the respect of his opponents... only knock on Suggs is “Malice in his heart.”
    Also will depend on who is going in with him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Sacks 8th
    TFL 1st
    FF 11th
    post season sacks 3rd
    I think Demarcus Ware will give us some insight into the voters' mindset starting next year.

I think Demarcus Ware will give us some insight into the voters' mindset starting next year.
    Suggs played 66 more games
    has half a sack more than Ware
    125 more tackles
    2 more FFs
    4 more INTs
    31 more TFL
    DPOY (Ware never won one)
    2 SBs to Ware's 1

I never really watched Ware, but looking at the stats, its clear that Ware would of passed Suggs in a lot of those having played just two more seasons, but not really sure how he looked at the end. Will definitely give us a good idea, but again i think it just comes down to who the guys are going in at the time

If both Suggs and Yanda go in, will that seal the deal on Ozzie being the greatest GM to ever do it? At least in the free agency era? That would be 5 hall of famers drafted in an 12 year period.
    The reality might be that many people would give that to the GM of a dynasty. Ultimately, the job of a GM isn't to draft and sign a bunch of Pro Bowlers, its to put together championship squads. We were certainly a successful team during his tenure, but we were obviously never at any point dynasty material. The 2008-2012 run was certainly impressive, but nothing that you would really call a dynasty when there was only one SB win. Two SBs are impressive, but there have been GMs with more, and there have been GMs which much more dominant runs.

I guess that we'll never know if he was a HoF GM, as I don't believe that they re-induct people just to add a second bust and second plaque. I'd imagine that his plaque will be updated to include his GM accomplishments, but we'll never know if he would have gotten in on just his front office merits.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Suggs retirement?

Suggs played 66 more games
    has half a sack more than Ware
    125 more tackles
    2 more FFs
    4 more INTs
    31 more TFL
    DPOY (Ware never won one)
    2 SBs to Ware's 1

I never really watched Ware, but looking at the stats, its clear that Ware would of passed Suggs in a lot of those having played just two more seasons, but not really sure how he looked at the end. Will definitely give us a good idea, but again i think it just comes down to who the guys are going in at the time
    Gentlemen, yours is an excellent comparison. It also shows how players are perceived. For an example of which, while I was checking to see if Suggs had enough to enter the HOF, it never occurred to me that Demarcus Ware was so comparable. I guess in the voters minds they might think somewhat the same way, and that would be a shame... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Gentlemen, yours is an excellent comparison. It also shows how players are perceived. For an example of which, while I was checking to see if Suggs had enough to enter the HOF, it never occurred to me that Demarcus Ware was so comparable. I guess in the voters minds they might think somewhat the same way, and that would be a shame... Bc
    I might catch heat on this, but doesn't it seem Ware has more of an impact for his team than Suggs did by just looking at stats? Accumulating those stats in 60 games less is pretty impressive. Obviously Suggs has the DPOY which I think is his icing on the cake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk