Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: What progress do you want to see in 2021/2022?

Better efficiency in the passing game.

OL to show up when it's playoff time.

Better pass rush without the need for constant blitzing.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I'd like to see the outside passing game improve and have less designed inside runs for Lamar. Roman needs to expand the playbook to include more screens and passes to backs. Queen needs to take a step up this year, especially in coverage.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    The teams are close everywhere except QB. Lamar has abilities that Baker can only dream of. IMO, that's what separates the two teams, and I don't think it's that close. If both teams remain healthy I think the Ravens take the Division.

I think the Ravens QB and secondary advantages are what make it close. At almost every other position the Browns are ahead. Luckily the Ravens advantages are in probably the 2 most important areas.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I think the Ravens QB and secondary advantages are what make it close. At almost every other position the Browns are ahead. Luckily the Ravens advantages are in probably the 2 most important areas.
    Don't forget at kicker!

Agree, although I think the Browns may have better safeties than us.

Blog Entries

Agree, although I think the Browns may have better safeties than us.

John Johnson is the best Safety between the 2 teams. Marlon Humphrey is best Corner. Ward and Peters are both very good. The Ravens have more experience in the secondary but the Browns have a lot of big name potential. We'll have to wait and see how guys like Newsome, Greedy and Delpit do when they play. On paper they look good but none of them have been the field yet.

Blog Entries

Super Bowl should be the expectation for the HC, assistant coaches and players.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

I see a lot of this sentiment in the thread - and I am in agreement.

More efficient & productive passing game. Everyone knows Lamar can run the ball. Everyone knows the Ravens want to run the ball. They're going to sell out to stop that - just look at what the Browns have done this off-season...John Johnson, Jadeveon Clowney, & Jeremiah Owusu-Karamorah. They added some speed and run-stopping ability with those 3 picks.

The Ravens need to be able to adjust when the run isn't working. They couldn't against the Bills and we saw what happened.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I'd like to see the outside passing game improve and have less designed inside runs for Lamar. Roman needs to expand the playbook to include more screens and passes to backs. Queen needs to take a step up this year, especially in coverage.

I agree here, I wanted to add to my own that I really want Lamar's designed runs brought way down. Like I know we still have to keep them in a bit for the offense to work, but instead of him running on 9-10 designed runs/zone reads, bring that down to half. I'd really prefer Lamar NOT to be our leading rusher and running for over 1,000 yards again. We need to lean on the RB's and OL more and develop a better passing game.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I agree here, I wanted to add to my own that I really want Lamar's designed runs brought way down. Like I know we still have to keep them in a bit for the offense to work, but instead of him running on 9-10 designed runs/zone reads, bring that down to half. I'd really prefer Lamar NOT to be our leading rusher and running for over 1,000 yards again. We need to lean on the RB's and OL more and develop a better passing game.
    The goal should be Lamar run 50 yards less a game and passes for 100 more a game.

I expect the Ravens to make the playoffs but I think the division title is a 50/50 proposition. (I must be another Browns truther.)
    I hope for another playoff win but, again, that's a 50/50 at the moment.
    I think both first round draft picks will need to be great for the Ravens to have a real shot at a Super Bowl because they represent the 2 things the Ravens need to do better to have a real shot - passing and rushing the passer without needing to blitz.
    Pretty much agree with this.

I'm fine with ranking us 2nd in the AFC behind the Chiefs, but there are enough teams that are basically as good as we are that nothing will be easy. We could win a SB. We could get knocked out in the first round again. Neither would surprise me. But that's what makes it fun.

The exception is if our offense returns to 2019 levels of efficiency. Then I'd be disappointed if we didn't at least get to the AFCCG.

I think the Chiefs are going to come down to earth sometime soon too, either this season or next. They'll still be good, but not impossibly good like they have been. It's just very hard to maintain that level in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    The goal should be Lamar run 50 yards less a game and passes for 100 more a game.
    Nah. If Lamar gets 1,000 yards on 100 carries, I'm totally fine with that. I also don't want to turn into a team that passes 2/3rds of the time just to satisfy the fan base's yardage fetish.

We should want scoring first, and yardage secondary. If they can improve the pass protection, outside passing game and short passing game, we'll be a lot closer to a dangerous passing attack like 2019 regardless of the actual yards.