Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

What progress do you want to see in 2021/2022?

As in where would you want to the Ravens to finish this season? I think we should put a target on making the AFCCG and winning two play off games. I would also like us to beat KC during the regular season.

Obviously I'd like to get to the SB and think its possible, but maybe we are still a year away from it. I think if we make a big trade with someone or sign a big name who gets cut post June 1st (e.g Ertz, Julio) that may change my tune and put us over the top.

Looking back at the Flacco years, we did not win the superbowl until the 5th year of his rookie contract. We are currently going into the 4th year with Lamar. We have two years left of Lamar playing at a discounted price. So you could argue we have two years left on this current window.

Blog Entries

Re: What progress do you want to see in 2021/2022?

Super Bowl. This is the last year of the cheap Lamar and Mark Andrews.

I heard an interview with the GM of the Bills yesterday. He was had 2 1st round picks in Josh Allen and Tremaine Edwards and exercised the 5th year for both. He was saying that if they don't have 100% of the crowds back and the salary cap doesn't hit 2020 levels it's going to make cap management very difficult. They're going to lose players they want to keep.

It's a similar issue here. The Ravens dumped their other 1st round pick so we have just 1 for the 5th year but it's a big one. The Ravens only have about 30 players signed through 2022. That's why DeCosta was talking about bringing in 20 draft picks between this year and next.

2021 has to be the big year because it gets a whole lot uncertain and different after that. That's the same with the Bills and the Browns who have the same QB issues. The Chiefs have just 24 players under contract for 2022. They're another team that could be force to retool. The Steelers won't have Ben and will be in full rebuild. The Titans and Colts are the only of the usual AFC playoff teams who don't have huge players to pay and have significant cap space in 2022. For the rest of us it's Super Bowl or try to win with a lot younger and/or cheaper players the next year.

Blog Entries

SB

I posted elsewhere Ryan Mink's ranking of all time draft classes. His top three were 1996, 2018 and 2008. Their two SB appearances came in the fifth season after the historic '96 adn '08 drafts. If you believe in trends, they are on track for a SuperBowl championship in '22. So I'll go AFCCG this year.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

They made progress last year and I don't think the fans on this board were happy with that. I'd probably be ecstatic with AFCCG until it was over...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Last year it was playoff game. This core of guys proved they could do it, now it’s Super Bowl

I guess I'm less Superbowl fixated than most of the people here. I want them to (all of these)

1. Win the Division (and thus make the playoffs)
    2. Win at least 2 playoff games
    3. Win at least 12 games
    4. Beat the Steelers twice

Blog Entries

The Ravens are a legit Super Bowl contender. Anything less will be disappointing.

If the Ravens are knocked out before the Super Bowl by any team other than the Chiefs, it will be a disappointing season. There are plenty other good teams in the AFC - Bills definitely, Browns probably, and certainly 1-2 will emerge as strong teams from the likes of LAC, MIA, NE, DEN, IND, TEN. But heading into the season, on paper the only team that should definitely be better (until proven otherwise) is the Chiefs.

WR and OL should be significantly improved. TE and ILB should be improved, from Boyle healthy and Queen/Harrison having another year. Secondary about the same. Lamar hopefully bounces back with better offensive talent around him. Only places we got weaker is at EDGE, hopefully mitigated by a step forward from Bowser and emergence of either Oweh or Ferguson, and DL, just because the Monstars group is old (but Madubuike is primed for a big step forward).

That’s a really good roster. At each position group the Ravens have experience, depth, youth and upside. The contributions we get from Queen, Bateman and Oweh, the first rounders ticketed for big roles in position groups without as much vet support around them, will make a big difference in determining how far the Ravens can go. If we hit on that group and avoid devastating injuries to key players, there’s not a weak spot on the team.

10. Re: What progress do you want to see in 2021/2022?

I want to see Mark Andrews making plays in the big games that matter. He's been a no show the past few seasons. He will improve with the addition of Rashard Bateman though. Should free up Andrews from being double teamed. Hollywood should be the deep threat the Ravens envisioned with more single coverage with Bateman now added. Ravens offense will look much better than any of us have seen. I think the Ravens will make the AFC championship game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Last year it was playoff game. This core of guys proved they could do it, now it’s Super Bowl
    Agreed, and in 2020 we had our 1st playoff win in the "LJ Era." That broke the ice. Of course now we've got to see improvement from our young veterans, steady play (especially from AV) of our established vets, and contributions from the 2021 draft class. Those, along with no/very few injuries, would do wonders.

AFCCG be damned, I want another Super Bowl... Bc

Do you guys think we are obviously the best team in the division? Because I kind of do, but every year there are Browns truthers.