Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: There can only be One #1 WR - Hollywood vs Bateman

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanMania View Post
    Where does this rank with WR's in the league over the past two seasons?
    I don't know, RFM, but I do know his future looks bright as he's already laid a solid foundation. We must also keep in mind that Hollywood, aside from Andrews, did not have any other receiver help so teams could focus on those two. Hopefully, with Bateman that will make it three so teams will have to stretch their D-back coverage, leaving our running game a little more open... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Hollywood is forever public enemy #1 here. We don't truly appreciate a good receiver until they leave
    Right you are, Cool-x! Some feel we should have drafted a different player/WR in the 2019 1st round. Meanwhile, he's been LJ's only go-to WR for two years and has done quite well... Bc

Blog Entries

I'm not sure many teams have a #1. Who is it in Pitt? Because they had 3 guys with almost the same yardage totals. Juju had more catches but was 3rd in yardage.

Same with Bengals - Boyd had more catches but Higgins had more yards.

I'd be happy with that type of experience

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Not a fan of the #1 receiver concept. They all need to get the ball with Lamar hurting defenses with his legs as well. Good defenses will shut down a #1.

It doesn’t matter as long as they’re flexible enough to take advantage of the receiver drawing less attention. Early on that’s probably going to be Bateman until he shows he can do damage if left alone and defenses have to adjust.

Hollywood and Andrews both drew very outsized target shares the last two years. Hopefully Bateman evens that out and makes things easier for Hollywood and Andrews. If the Ravens do it right, whoever is the “#1” should be more dictated by what the defense gives them.

2012 Ravens arguably had three quality #2 targets, Pitta, Boldin, Smith, plus Rice

6. Re: There can only be One #1 WR - Hollywood vs Bateman

Hollywood Brown is the #1 wide receiver! He was the only receiver who showed up in last year and this year playoffs. Let's wait to see how Bateman adjusts to playing against NFL defensive backs before anointing him. Having said that, the Ravens actually have two first round wideouts you can put on the field at the same time. That makes it easier for Hollywood and Mark Andrews to get open. Boykins was a third rounder who had no business starting. The passing game will be the best its ever been. Lamar will break his touchdown record he set in 2019.
    Last edited by simplesimon; 05-08-2021 at 10:02 AM.

In 2014 with San Francisco GRO's offense totalled 483 targets to all pass catchers. That is the highest total for any of his offenses.

That year he had Boldin with over 1000 yds and a young Crabtree with just under 700 yds.

Last year for comparison the Ravens pass catchers shared only 392 targets.

I expect the number of passes/targets to go up into the 450-475 range next year with Hollywood at close to or over 1000 yds and Bateman around 600-700.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    In 2014 with San Francisco GRO's offense totalled 483 targets to all pass catchers. That is the highest total for any of his offenses.

That year he had Boldin with over 1000 yds and a young Crabtree with just under 700 yds.

Last year for comparison the Ravens pass catchers shared only 392 targets.

I expect the number of passes/targets to go up into the 450-475 range next year with Hollywood at close to or over 1000 yds and Bateman around 600-700.
    TIGER, add the possibility that JK Dobbins is used more in the passing game. At Ohio State he had 71 receptions (42 games) and 5 TDs. Maybe not an extensive number, but perhaps enough to make the opposing defense think about him a little while longer (?)... Bc

I'm going to lose my head if Roman just runs both of them on verticals.

Blog Entries

The Ravens had the 32nd ranked passing offense last year. How about they demonstrate some competence passing the ball consistently before we worry about who is called the #1 WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    The Ravens had the 32nd ranked passing offense last year. How about they demonstrate some competence passing the ball consistently before we worry about who is called the #1 WR.

#32 in yards not efficency

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    #32 in yards not efficency
    True, but yards is how they are evaluated. Just like WRs are evaluated based on the number of receptions and yards that they have.

IMO, the Ravens did not have a competent passing attack last season, which was exposed by their 3 point offensive output against the Bills in the playoffs.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare