Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast

Re: There can only be One #1 WR - Hollywood vs Bateman

Long term I think Bateman has a higher chance of being a "1" wr in the nfl on the Ravens. I agree that the Ravens need to spread out the field instead of packing it in, make lamars job easier, but I acknowledge that's an unpopular opinion and seems the exact opposite of what our coaches have done.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Long term I think Bateman has a higher chance of being a "1" wr in the nfl on the Ravens. I agree that the Ravens need to spread out the field instead of packing it in, make lamars job easier, but I acknowledge that's an unpopular opinion and seems the exact opposite of what our coaches have done.
    That's an interesting view, i would think most fans would want Roman/Raven to use more spread....but i'm not the best judge of what most fans think, lol.

I know I certainly want to see more spread and I think they can get as much if not more from a spread formations then they can by playing from "power" formations.

I agree with you about Bateman, i think his skillset is more of a "#1" then Hollywood.

I know its way early but looking but judging by the early OTA reports Watkins maybe in the running for the "#1" WR in this offense.
    But, its hard to count out any WR that is best friends with the QB, that maybe the critical factor in which WR gets the most targets.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    That's an interesting view, i would think most fans would want Roman/Raven to use more spread....but i'm not the best judge of what most fans think, lol.

I know I certainly want to see more spread and I think they can get as much if not more from a spread formations then they can by playing from "power" formations.

I agree with you about Bateman, i think his skillset is more of a "#1" then Hollywood.

I know its way early but looking but judging by the early OTA reports Watkins maybe in the running for the "#1" WR in this offense.
    But, its hard to count out any WR that is best friends with the QB, that maybe the critical factor in which WR gets the most targets.
    Listened to Lamar on the Lounge....seems very excited for Hollywood:
    https://www.baltimoreravens.com/audi...ins-the-lounge
    @14:34s

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Jackson
    "I know he's[Hollywood] ready, he talks about it all the time. Like he's pumped. He can't wait to show people. And I can't wait to show people with him. We're going to do it. I need him to have 1,000 yards, a 1,000 or more. That's me and his goal. I need him to have that. I want all my receivers to have that if I can."
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Listened to Lamar on the Lounge....seems very excited for Hollywood:
    https://www.baltimoreravens.com/audi...ins-the-lounge
    @14:34s
    If Lamar can just connect with him on deep passes it will drastically change the outlook of Hollywood's season. Since you usually have info on whatever is asked, there was a clip posted before (might have been twitter) showing all the missed connections between the two, would be interested to go back and see what that could of done for both of their stats
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    If Lamar can just connect with him on deep passes it will drastically change the outlook of Hollywood's season. Since you usually have info on whatever is asked, there was a clip posted before (might have been twitter) showing all the missed connections between the two, would be interested to go back and see what that could of done for both of their stats
    Hitting on more deep passes would boost any QB-WR tandems production. If Lamar can connect w/ Hollywood on deep passes would certainly help their stats.

But, Hollywood wasn't really hurt by Lamar's inconsistency though. Hollywood got great QB service in terms of target accuracy and on-target passes. Hollywood got a large chunk of the target share % he had roughly the same targets as AJ Brown. The difference in their production was Hollywood's drops/mia games.
    The WR that would benefit the most from an increase in terms of Lamar's accuracy and on-target passes was Boykin.

I only have the data and gifs of my own research projects that sometimes overlap with other peoples interests. You might find some of those gifs in this thread:
    Film Review: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)
    https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...OK)&highlight=

Advanced Stats Courtesy of:
    https://www.playerprofiler.com/

Metrics SammyW Brown Andrews Boykin Snead Duvernay Boyle
    Target Share 14%(84th) 25.2%(12th) 24.9%
    (3rd)
    10.5% 14.2
    (78th)
    7.1% 7.2%
    Target
    Rate
    17%
    (124th)
    23.1%
    (58th)
    26.9%
    (35th)
    14.5% 18.6%
    (119th)
    14% 14.7%
    YPRR 1.28
    (88th)
    (47th)
    (5th)
    1.17 1.67
    (58th)
    1.08 0.97
    Catchable
    Target%
    76.4%(42tgts) 71.7%(71tgts) 77.5%(69tgts) 66.7%(15tgts) 83.3%(40tgts) 80.8%(21tgts) 82.2%(15tgts)
    Target
    Quality
    5.0 (19th) 5.6 (59th) 5.7 (11th) 4.4 5.9 (37th) 4.7 4.8
    Catch
    Rate
    67.3%(44th) 58.6%(83rd) 65.2%(23rd) 57.6% 68.8%(36th) 76.9% 82.4%
    True
    Catch Rate
    88.1%(33hrd) 81.7%(78th) 84.1%(29th) 86.4% 82.5%(75th) 95.2% 93.3%
    Target
    Accuracy
    7.14%(63rd) 6.82%(86th) 7.28%(19th) 6.14% 7.40%(36th) 6.73% 7.06%
    Target
    Separation
    2.18(5th) 1.87(24th) 1.69(11th) 1.65 2.19(3rd) 1.27 1.56
    Drop% 5.5%(35th) 6.1%(35th) 3.4%(30th) 3.0% 12.5%(3rd) 3.8% 0%

Other interesting stats that I should have included in the table above:
    .......................................Hollywood...........Boykin
    Yard per reception..................13.3................14
    Target separation...................1.87..............1.65
    QB rating when targeted........93.4..............110.6

Target Share – measures the percentage of all passing targets directed at a particular wide receiver or tight end in games that that receiver was involved in the passing attack.

Target Rate – Ratio of total targets to total routes run by running backs, wide receivers, and tight ends.

Target Quality – combines catchable targets with average target depth putting a premium on deep, catchable targets and
    discounting shorter, uncatchable passes.

Catch Rate – captures a player’s ability to secure to secure the football in all situations regardless of the level of difficulty by dividing the total receptions by total targets.

True Catch Rate – reception percentage based solely on catchable targets.

Accuracy Rating grades the accuracy each of throw on a 1-10 scale. 1-3 representing the most errand throw, 4-7 representing throws in some range of catchable but sub-optimal, and 8-10 representing the most pinpoint passes allowing receivers to convert receptions and gain yards after the catch. Quarterbacks with Accuracy Ratings above 6.0 are considered highly accurate, and those below 4.0 are considered highly inaccurate.

Target Separation – A receiver’s average yards of separation from his assigned defender at the moment the pass arrives.

If it were me building the passing game; I would choose Bateman or Watkins to be the most targeted WR. I'm oldschool in that strength vs press and strength through the route are important traits and in general I believe good big beats good small.

But, Lamar's comment on the lounge speak to something I noticed last year.....it pays to be the QBs best friend.
    Last edited by edromeo; 07-29-2021 at 05:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Between Hollywood Brown and Rashod Bateman, which WR should be the focal point in the gameplan?

Which WR should the offense draw up plays to feature?

Which WR should be the primary target in route concepts/route design?

Which WR should the offense be built around?

In short, Who should be the Ravens "#1" WR?
    Did this season change anyones mind?

Cemented my opinion that it should be Andrews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Andrews read 1, Hollywood as the deep option, and Bateman as the change-mover. I would guess as Bateman emerges more next year he becomes the clear 2nd option over Brown.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    No doubt, the #1 receiver in the passing game is Andrews.

This is a follow-up about who should be the #1 WR.

Bateman is the first drafted wr I actually believe csn be a real #1 wr in the nfl. He is legit
    Burn it down

No doubt, the #1 receiver in the passing game is Andrews.

This is a follow-up about who should be the #1 WR.
    By end of 2022 it will be Bateman I think. Hollywood will be the deep threat and have a higher YPT but will get less targets.

Blog Entries

Nope.

Yep.

Who should be the 1A?

Let's say its 3rd and 7 and the defense is playing Cover-0 with pressure.
    You have to throw hot.
    Holly and Bateman have the same match-up on a play.
    The coverage is the same.

Which WR would you target?
    …