Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Re: There can only be One #1 WR - Hollywood vs Bateman

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Sorry Mrs. Bateman.
    Lol. I was about to ask if he slept with Mrs. Shas or something as hard as you have been on him. I mean I know you wanted OL in the 1st round, but let's at least be honest about the situation this young man went through, especially when many others "opted out".

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Dude, you way overreacted to my "COVID weirdness" comment. I used that term to describe the entire 2020 season in general and how it makes it hard to judge players, without delving into his personal life story.

He played in five games last year and had less than 500 yards with two TDs. I personally watched him do nothing against a crappy Maryland team that played a true freshman corner on him the whole game.

Saying his 2020 season is just as good on average as his 2019 is just as unfair as me saying he was trash in 2020. So I was very iffy on him, I admit.

If COVID explains it, then okay. But I tend to stick to what I see and not try to assign other explanations. When I was hesitant to embrace Boykin I can recall people saying, oh, his QB at ND was crap (btw, that QB was Ian Book, who was also Chase Claypool's QB, and who the Saints just drafted in the fourth round this year).

I don't hate the Bateman pick. In my mind I figured he could have been had by trading back and I really liked Jenkins at 27. But they passed on Jenkins and EDC now says they were worried the Packers would jump ahead of them to take Bateman. So who the fuck am I? Answer: nobody. So don't spend too much time analyzing my opinion.

Speaking of favorite Billick sayings, my second favorite is, "Have another beer. Make another observation." BB was an egotistical son of a bitch, but his comment is perfect and certainly applies to me.

I'm rooting for Bateman just as much as anyone here and have no desire to see him fail just to soothe my ego.

No hard feelings, bud.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post

Who is the #1, #2, and #3 for them?
    "#1" receiver is Kelce.
    "#1" WR is Tyreek Hill, some people might be surprised but Hollywood actually had a higher target share then Hill.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Seems like EDromeo is coming to the realization that his Boykin takes were wayyyy off so now he’s fucking with everybody lol. Even Jimzip seems to have jumped off the Boykin bandwagon to an extent. I get it though, when you spend thousands of hours watching tape on a prospect just to be wrong it has to fuck with your head. It’s all good man.
    Seems like you are as obsessed w/ me as you are with Boykin. My take on Boykin was that you and others over the top negativity was unwarranted and that the stats and film didn't support your over the top negativity. What fiction do you have about my take on Boykin for us today?
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post
    In this system Hollywood can't be a #1. Its set up for Bateman to be it. On a good passing team Hollywood would be a #2 or #3 WR. He can be a deep threat and he moves good to help out his QB when passing plays breakdown. But he has average hands and can't win contested balls or those tough catches. Honestly i wish they would go deep more with Hollywood.

Bateman is set up to be the person who will win those contested balls and also win one on one coverages. Bateman really should be the go to guy for Lamar this season. He can be the one that Lamar can throw those 50/50 balls too and Bateman will come down with it. He catches balls with his hands unlike Hollywood who catches with his body. If Bateman and Wallace both pan out then Hollywood 5th year option not going to be pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post
    When I think of #1 WR. Im thinking of who will get the most targets. Who will we try to work through in the passing game. Not so much of not hoping the WRs collectively don't have a good season. Obviously people want production from all the WRs but someone will lead the team in receptions. Its been Hollywood thus far but im in line with Bateman taking that spot. Just because he is more of a complete WR than Hollywood. Also Minnesota offense was overhauled, Bateman kind of got caught up in the mix. But im not even concerned about his last college season. Its a brand new stage now. He is going to carry over his skillset not playbook.
    Agreed.

Bateman may lack the top end speed of Hollywood but when it comes to winning at the LOS, bearing press, being a bigger target, bigger catch radius, better at contested coaches he seems to offer more variety and tools in the passing game.
    For me Bateman projects as the X and Hollywood the Z.
    Ideally I would have Bateman as the primary WR more often the Hollywood.
    There's a whole bunch of ways to skin that cat...you could force feed targets to Bateman ala Hollywood thus far.
    You could gradually transition.
    Or maybe Hollywood remains the featured WRs, its always helps any receiver being friends with the QB1.

I hear you on Hollywood going deep more, I think the passing game in general could/should afford to exchange some efficiency for explosive plays.

It will be interesting to watch where the targets go. I wonder where Watkin fits in all this also.
    Based on how he used in KC last year seems like a good fit for the slot because they used him more as inside reduced split WR or a slot far more then as outside WR.
    Considering Sammy's familiarity w/ Roman and Lamar's affinity and productivity for throwing to the middle of the field it wouldn't surprise me (when healthy) if Watkins got a hefty amount of looks.

Exciting times at the Mill.

Blog Entries

Lol edromeo is living in a lot of people's heads rent free

Blog Entries

Is Rashod Bateman the Ravens’ true No. 1 wide receiver?

https://news.yahoo.com/rashod-batema...023434068.html

Blog Entries

Ravens took Rashod Bateman at 27 thinking Packers would take him at 29 :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ake-him-at-29/

" Ravens director of player personnel Joe Hortiz, a good friend of Packers General Manager Brian Gutekunst, said he thinks Bateman was the guy the Packers wanted. Hortiz said he came to that conclusion in part from spending time with Gutekunst at Bateman’s pro day workout. "

... Bc

Blog Entries

https://www.nfl.com/news/which-nfl-r...ytics-based-to

Ravens wideouts only logged 41 receptions of 10-plus air yards last season, as well as just 78 catches for 952 receiving yards when aligned out wide -- all NFL lows, per Next Gen Stats. (Baltimore was the only team to earn fewer than 1,200 yards from wide alignments.) Route-running precision is a metric my model values more than most, and Bateman thrives in this area, especially when aligned on the outside. I've found that route-running precision leading to separation in college typically plays well in the NFL. Over the past two seasons in the FBS, Bateman ranked No. 3 among wide receivers in terms of route-running efficiency (as measured by reliable timing and the ability to create separation) on routes run from outside alignment. Pro Football Focus adds additional context here: Over the past two seasons when it came to intermediate targets (10-19 air yards), Bateman ranked second in the FBS with 44 catches and third with 697 yards. The only reason he ranks sixth on this list is the volume of rushing plays the Ravens are still likely to run.

The important thing is to run enough plays on the outside with fast, talented receivers who can win and catch the ball in order to give the defense reason NOT TO PACK THE BOX. Threaten them enough with successful down field receptions and the whole landscape changes. I'm looking for a #1 by committee (Watkins, Bateman, Wallace, Hollywood)

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    The important thing is to run enough plays on the outside with fast, talented receivers who can win and catch the ball in order to give the defense reason NOT TO PACK THE BOX. Threaten them enough with successful down field receptions and the whole landscape changes. I'm looking for a #1 by committee (Watkins, Bateman, Wallace, Hollywood)
    Lamar has to show he is willing and able to make the throws or else the defense won’t respect the receiving running said routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they get the outside passing game clicking, at a high level, along with the deep routes, backs coming out of the backfield and the already potent TE attack this train will be a runaway. Even better running lanes will be even more open. I would love to see them open up this attack with a plan to have 70 snaps on offense split 45:55 pass to run. Pass 32-35 times a game. Run 35+ plays.

Against bad teams average 45 points and against good teams average 40 points. Force teams to become one dimensional and let our defense hunt. Think back to 2019 every time the other team kicked a FG you knew they just screwed up by leaving four point off the scoreboard.