Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Hard to Believe the NFLPA Signed Off on This!

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Who cares what location they get injured at.
    Most employers do. If a Police Officer, or Fire-Fighter, or other civil servant gets hurt on-the-job that's more important to your city/local than if they're hurt playing softball, and their injury compensation reflects it. Same usually goes for other employers if you get hurt on-the-job... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Most employers do. If a Police Officer, or Fire-Fighter, or other civil servant gets hurt on-the-job that's more important to your city/local than if they're hurt playing softball, and their injury compensation reflects it. Same usually goes for other employers if you get hurt on-the-job... Bc
    Correct, which is the exact point I brought up in my post that was ignored.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Agreed.

A friend of mine from my Army days was medically discharged without pay because he picked up a serious neck injury playing rugby at his hometown while on leave. I think it's beyond crazy how people actually have this much sympathy for millionaires playing a sport.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Yeah if you're not good enough for those terms like I said earlier, it is what it is. Sole traders have no working rights here in the UK making 80 grand a year. You enter the NFL accepting these terms. It's one of the toughest sports in the world.
    No player has to accept anything. Every advancement that players had was fought for with solidarity. The NFLPA always had issues with uniting on certain issues because star players weren't willing to give up their power to help out fringe roster members.

As for your covid argument, lol OK I don't wanna get into a cpvid debate. The risk of catching covid in an NFL facility and getting seriously ill now with vaccines available is miniscule. The risk of head trauma by playing the sport itself is more dangerous to these players than covid 19 is.
    Vaccines only work if everyone gets it. Again there are dumb players and coaches who don't want to take it which will make these vaccines less effective. So no, there's no proof that the NFL is more safer than the rest of the outside world.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch View Post
    Yes, this is ridiculous. It's not like these players got hurt during a pick up basketball game or something. They are working out because it is a necessity to do their job. At the very least these rules should be loosened during covid when it might be safer to work out elsewhere to avoid the virus
    The rules were loosened last off-season for COVID. Then they had a full season and managed to pull it off with some issues but they still pulled it off. Do you really believe Planet Fitness or some other fitness place is safer than an NFL facility? I don't, not even close.

If they go to the facility and are supervised then they are covered. This is all the vet players trying to limit the off-season for the rookies to keep them from supplanting them. The owners are going to play hardball on this because they want the players there to prepare for the season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    No player has to accept anything. Every advancement that players had was fought for with solidarity. The NFLPA always had issues with uniting on certain issues because star players weren't willing to give up their power to help out fringe roster members.

Vaccines only work if everyone gets it. Again there are dumb players and coaches who don't want to take it which will make these vaccines less effective. So no, there's no proof that the NFL is more safer than the rest of the outside world.
    Yeah players can choose not to sign to those terms and get a job at FedEx instead.

And lol, covid is hardly a threat to young people. Like I said, head trauma is a bigger killer for NFL players than covid 19 is.

Yeah players can choose not to sign to those terms and get a job at FedEx instead.

And lol, covid is hardly a threat to young people. Like I said, head trauma is a bigger killer for NFL players than covid 19 is.
    If only there were another pro football league that pays the same amount or more while also have better working conditions. I'm sure we'll all enjoy watching scab bums play mud football on huge tv contracts.

Also young people have health complications that make COVID a serious threat so....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Correct, which is the exact point I brought up in my post that was ignored.
    TIGER, I certainly did not mean to ignore it. So, I will say that I agree with you now... Bc

Seriously, pay me that much and I'll workout wherever you ask me to. I mean it's not like they are being asked to shovel shit or something. I barely even have 30 minutes a day to workout in my shitty home gym.

TIGER, I certainly did not mean to ignore it. So, I will say that I agree with you now... Bc
    No, I wasn't talking about you ignoring it BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    NFLPA

"It was gutless to use a player’s serious injury as a scare tactic to get you to come running back to these workouts," the letter reads. "The memo is yet another sign of what they think of you and also affirms that they simply want to control you year-round in any and every way that they can."
    My employer also controls me year-round. They insist I show up for work, they tell me what to do when I'm at work, tell me what time I have to be in certain meetings, tell me when I can eat my lunch... soooo unreasonable.
    "Chin up, chest out."

It’s a weird stance for the Broncos to take IMO. If I’m a player I’m not playing there if I have a choice. Also, you have to work out on your own. You’re expected to come to camp in shape. This seems to incentivize players against staying in shape in the offseason