Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Petition to FIRE Harbaugh and HIRE John Regularbrain

Greatest Johnny Reg quote of all time was "After the stabbing" when talking about Pryor

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    John Reglarperson has now joined the exclusive list of posters such as Excellector and Culex to have a thread created for the sole purpose of throwing shade at him.
    #wheresthesword?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

3. Re: Petition to FIRE Harbaugh and HIRE John Regularbrain

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Villanueva even gave John a shout out in his Zoom interview when he said they could line him up out wide to catch passes. I am willing to bet it will happen once this year on a tackle eligible.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    It's not just me that realizes that a college receiver who is 6'9 and caught a lot of TD passes in college can do the same thing in the NFL. He does have 1 TD catch from when he was with the Steelers.

What might happen with Villanueva, over time, who knows when this would be, is that he might no longer be the best choice as a starting oliner, but he might be right on the money as swing tackle and blocking TE.

One of the points that I'm trying to make isn't as much "yay, Villanueva TD catches" but "Yay, a Massive Blocking TE who can do blocking as well as a Tackle, because he's a Tackle." The oline blocking, run blocking, pass blocking, is upgraded when you have 6 legit OLs on the line. You get a safety valve with Villanueva out there, able to catch a pass, when a T wouldn't be able to, preventing sacks, but, mostly, just an extra, powerful, OLiner, mostly run blocking, (but he can catch a pass, because he's TE). Running to the right, easier to do, bigger gains.

10/10

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    It's not just me that realizes that a college receiver who is 6'9 and caught a lot of TD passes in college can do the same thing in the NFL. He does have 1 TD catch from when he was with the Steelers.

What might happen with Villanueva, over time, who knows when this would be, is that he might no longer be the best choice as a starting oliner, but he might be right on the money as swing tackle and blocking TE.

One of the points that I'm trying to make isn't as much "yay, Villanueva TD catches" but "Yay, a Massive Blocking TE who can do blocking as well as a Tackle, because he's a Tackle." The oline blocking, run blocking, pass blocking, is upgraded when you have 6 legit OLs on the line. You get a safety valve with Villanueva out there, able to catch a pass, when a T wouldn't be able to, preventing sacks, but, mostly, just an extra, powerful, OLiner, mostly run blocking, (but he can catch a pass, because he's TE). Running to the right, easier to do, bigger gains.
    Your ideas are very interesting I give you that. With the way the Ravens struggle with basic concepts in the passing game, I'd like to see a fresh take or two during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Looks like I need to start a heel stable with john
    Something like the fwo?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk