Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Petition to FIRE Harbaugh and HIRE John Regularbrain

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Nice going, Shrubbsy Personally, I have never put any poster on "ignore"
    I can read their post and laugh, cry, or say to myself "why did I even read this?"
    We all have our POVs, for others to pick apart or agree with... Bc
    same. There are a couple of guys who I scroll right past and do not read their posts but I don't have anyone on 'ignore'.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I think I have 2 or 3 posters on ignore but they're just the ones who pop up occasionally to troll us with "Lamar is trash" takes that aren't worth the wear and tear on my eyeballs to skip past.

Blog Entries

I'd put myself on ignore but I won't give myself that satisfaction. Glutton for punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    What would you all be called?
    Something nobody has ever thought of before like New World Order or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Something nobody has ever thought of before like New World Order or something.
    I think you are on to something. I could see you being on top for something like 83 weeks maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    I think you are on to something. I could see you being on top for something like 83 weeks maybe
    We could say stuff like the band is back together but then disband again a week later. Graffiti on peoples backs would be cool too and how would john feel about tasers you think?

7. Re: Petition to FIRE Harbaugh and HIRE John Regularbrain

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Johnny Reg is one of my favorite posters.

He doesn’t give a tinker’s dam what anyone else thinks.
    Largely true. The ones I do care about are people who we don't know are here. If there are people who work for NFL teams, I care about them.

Back in the day, I did a local music website. It was somewhat popular, but the problem became that too many local bands who weren't very good were spending too much time on the site, winning my contests and such, and too much time on the message boards, etc. And there really weren't that many local fans, just local bands who want more attention. So, I said "I'm going to start ignoring 75% of the bands, and this will become more like a site for A&Rs, so that they can come here and read about the best bands, even though it isn't clear at all that they're actually here looking at the site." And now, like 20 years later, a lot of the bands that I talked about a lot are successful. So, it's sorta similar to now, in that I'm trying to push out content that the people that matter could in theory find useful. And there's little evidence that those people who matter are actually here now or were there then. My track record with local music then was good, my track record with football is good as well, and trying to identify and copy some consensus that somebody else is coming up with is not for me.

8. Re: Petition to FIRE Harbaugh and HIRE John Regularbrain

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    In 2030, he'll still be pounding the table for the Ravens to sign Terrell Pryor...lmao!
    This isn't far off from the truth. I'd argue that we don't really know what his speed is at the age of 40, but if it was 4.38 in 2011, it would certainly be slower than that now, but a 6'5 233 QB/WR who runs 4.52-4.60 40 is still quite good for a QB and sufficient for a big WR / joker TE. So, yeah. Also possible that I won't be posting on football message boards in 2030.

Also, despite his being old, there isn't much wear on the tires, because, to this point, he really hasn't had a lot of snaps in the NFL.
    Last edited by John Reglarperson; 05-06-2021 at 05:35 PM.

Terrelle Pryor for WR1 and Villanueva to TE, he truly is a football savant

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Terrelle Pryor for WR1 and Villanueva to TE, he truly is a football savant
    Villanueva even gave John a shout out in his Zoom interview when he said they could line him up out wide to catch passes. I am willing to bet it will happen once this year on a tackle eligible.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

11. Re: Petition to FIRE Harbaugh and HIRE John Regularbrain

Something I have noticed is that almost nobody is capable or willing to actually engage in the specifics of what I'm saying.

If someone is going to go through the trouble to try to use tricks to prevent me from posting, it means that they really don't like the fact that I'm winning these arguments. If they were winning those arguments, they would simply take it directly to the argument, and win that argument. But they aren't. They don't like the ideas, but they can't go at the ideas directly, they have to use some sort of fake consensus that my ideas aren't good, instead of actually winning the argument.

I've been able to win my arguments, and a group of people who don't like the argument doesn't serve to me, at all, as some sort of winning argument.

I've noticed here, that nobody is at all addressing the specifics of what I've been saying.

I put up 2 youtubes which illustrate the types of innovations that I'm talking about.

1) was the the Right Guard pulling into the backfield, behind the QB, getting the ball and throwing a pass. The general consensus here, from those who talk about it, is that anything but a 300 pounder on the line, doing only blocking is hilarious. But I'm showing you a RG pulling down and then throwing. I pretty much thought of that pulling guard throwing, but I wasn't the first person to think of it, I was able to find it online though, proving to some degree its viability.

2) was the swinging gate / emory and henry youtube, which basically showed all the different plays you can do if you aren't restricted to 5 big guys standing next to each other as the oline.

You could do one of those things and you could do both of those things simultaneously. You could throw a bunch of oliners and backs left or right, and one of those oliners pulls. Whatever.

There were plenty of people here prior to the draft arguing that the Ravens needed to draft a WR. They were extremely vague about what exactly they wanted from their new WR, and why they wanted a new WR, but they were absolutely certain that they wanted maximum resources dedicated to WR. The highest draft pick spent on WR. They got that, but there was no reasonable argument made for that outcome. As long as those people on TV said that a WR was good and should be picked high, that's what they wanted. They just copy what they hear people on tv say. Maybe sports talk.

So, I'm watching day 3 of the draft on NFL network, and it seems like the consensus of the 4 sitting there, Rich Eisen and 2 of the other ones, is that they didn't really know much about the players, that talking about the players being selected is a waste of their time, so what they're going to do is start screaming at each other about haircuts and talking more about players like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers than anyone else.

One of those 4 guys was ok. Someone asked him who he thought "Mr Irrelevant" was going to be and he said "I already know". And Eisen or someone else starting talking about "humble brag" or something. The ok guy seems like a decent place to put information, because he's not leaking it. He's cool, and he's not making it all about him. People yelling about haircuts seemed to be having a more fun time than the guy who was getting the information and not yelling about haircut. Guy with the information wasn't talking much and seemed to be at least slightly irritated by the idiocy that was surrounding him.

That's the context. Maybe one guy has good info, and there a ton of loud idiots surrounding him and pushing the conversation away from things like "3 cone of the 7th round corner" and toward vaccines and haircuts. The msm has never been anywhere near as bad as it is now, and there are still many who take their cues from the msm, who lies, gets caught and then denies it all, over and over and over again.

This is a saying "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

I am so much dumber for having opened this thread.
    "That's what."
    — She