Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Petition to FIRE Harbaugh and HIRE John Regularbrain

I don’t start many threads but I read this and I just can not believe this man, John Regularbrain, has not taken the league by storm yet. We are constantly looking for the edge our dear Ravens need to achieve the ultimate goal and yet the whole time this amazing football mind from JohnRegularbrain just happened to be in our midst the entire time. We are blessed as members of this board to take a little credit when John Regularbrain, our future coach, lifts 10 Lombardis in a row. And also he is not a communist who hates jesus.

I am hereby declaring that John Harbaugh needs to be fired and John Regularbrain needs to lead us to the promise land. If you are skeptical, please allow this latest marvellous post, in earnest, change your mind and let you see the light, as I have (please forgive me for not knowing how to quote across threads on my phone, my mind isn’t a John Reglar mind);

/start

If you're going to put Bredeson in at QB, I don't see the advantage of him. Ben Cleveland is bigger and faster than Bredeson. It may be that Bredeson is very difficult to tackle. I'd say, Ben Cleveland over Bredeson, before actually assessing them.

Boykin at LT could work. I assume that none of you have heard of Emory & Henry or Swinging Gate formations. Or how about the Packer Sweep, Lombardi Sweep.

You have a smaller faster guy at LT, and you have Villanueva at TE, and Cleveland is slotted in at RT, and they crush it, and Boykin is pulling from LT on the left to go block a db on the right. Villanueva + Cleveland will certainly put a seal there. Boykin could get a handoff from the LT position. No rule preventing that, or take a lateral, or he could throw the ball.

Poljan was a college QB at CMU.

What you could do with a big guy (Cleveland) at QB is basically the same thing as putting Patrick Ricard at QB. QB doesn't really mean "main thrower guy". The original meaning "Quarter" "Back" meant he's the guy who stands closest to the Line. Cleveland could take the snap and pitch to Lamar most of the time. It would be very much like normal. But there's an additional 6'6 343 blocker in the backfield.

So, Ben Cleveland or any other Ben, and Ricard, could get under center, take the snap and pitch it to Lamar. And they could do that quickly. Sometimes, though, they could just run the ball up the middle.

What would really be great would be if Ben Cleveland could play Center. That way you have a very powerful, road grading Center, which are rare. Not too many 6'6 343 pound Centers who run 5.05 40s.

So, you have Cleveland at Center. Villaneuva is a RT/TE depending on if there are adds to the oline.

And Bredeson at QB was suggested. Maybe Oweh? Take the snap, follow Ben Cleveland on a run, pitch back to Lamar, go lead block, or stay in to pass protect. Ricard. Pretty much anybody you put in there would bring something different. Dobbins or Edwards or Mason, taking the snap under center, pitching back to Lamar.

DC put Logan Thomas in motion, got him under center, took the snap, ran. After that when he motioned under center, all the linebackers bunched together in the middle. Putting a runner under center is going to pull LBs in, so, if Lamar runs outside is the play, having a big runner at the QB spot drawing defense away from where Lamar is going to be seems good.

I'm not saying this is how it goes every play. The Ravens will probably win enough games in the regular season pretty much doing whatever. It's in the playoffs where the extra is needed, every game must be won. And these are the extras that get wins. Having Villanueva out there in the red zone in the 2nd half of a playoff game might help the Ravens win. Lamar plus 10 blockers could work with blocking sized players, if you want to split Powers out, that's works, whatever, Powers is big enough to block split out. It's a Lamar run. Also your ideas are good ones if you have useful blockers in there.

Lamar at DT would be dropping back into coverage. Others, larger blitzers, would fill his space on the line. Lamar could be a Safety or Corner. But he's too busy for this.

Lots of good ideas there, keep up the good work. When you put more oliners on the field that should mean better blocking for Lamar, and some of these oliners might be tough to tackle when Lamar isn't running.

/end

I have seen the light lord, I truly have.

Blog Entries

Re: Petition to FIRE Harbaugh and HIRE John Regularbrain

In all seriousness, this has to be an elaborate bit.

3. Re: Petition to FIRE Harbaugh and HIRE John Regularbrain

what's that?

You should've included what I was responding to.

Someone argued that Bredeson should be QB and Boykin should be LT.

I made a number of arguments around that.

I will say that Villanueva at RT/TE is good and would work.

It's really not hard for me at all to come up with this stuff, most of that stuff, except the particulars of the new players, I've typed here before.

Ben Cleveland seems about as athletic, maybe, at least size wise, as the Eagles Mailata, doesn't have the rugby background, but I'm enthusiastic about him doing a lot of things. If he isn't a starter on the oline, he could be a versatile blocker playing a number of positions, blocking from a number of spots.

Perhaps, if Cleveland is on the field, it's either as a back, or an oliner. Cleveland, Villanueva, someone like Nick Boyle. 2 scenarios, Cleveland is a back, Boyle is a TE, next to Villanueva. Boyle is a back, Cleveland is RG or RT, Villanueva moves to TE. You can take those 3 players, and they're all standing there in a group, to the right. Cleveland, then Villanueva, with Boyle behind them. Villanueva, then Boyle, with Cleveland behind them.

Remember, the Ravens took a DT who never played offense before (that I could find) and made him into a pro bowl FB, Patrick Ricard. There really isn't that much that I'm doing that is really all that more extreme than adding FB functionality to a guy who never played offense before.

4. Re: Petition to FIRE Harbaugh and HIRE John Regularbrain

I think I like Ben Cleveland as Center the most. The Ravens don't have a proven good NFL Center on the roster.

The best case scenario is that Ben Cleveland is tried at Center and works great. The Ravens then don't have to move Bozeman. And they don't have to move Zeitler. Having an absolute beast center is much more rare than a beast rg or rt. If they can make Cleveland into that, they could be really helping their oline, putting in a 10/10 at a position that rarely gets those numbers.

It's very possible they want him at RG, thinking "let's get a big, powerful right guard" and that of course would be good.

Watching youtubes of him, I'm in favor of anything they choose to do with him.

5. Re: Petition to FIRE Harbaugh and HIRE John Regularbrain

6. Re: Petition to FIRE Harbaugh and HIRE John Regularbrain

Blog Entries

Si Si very intrigued

Seems like Mr. Reglarperson is living rent-free in some people's heads.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Cap'n, even though there is no admission charge to get in, this still isn't worth it when I could be doing something productive like rearranging my sock drawer.

SMH... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    The question is who is living in Mr. Reglarperson's head, more like.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    seriously

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!