Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Cool Re: OT: O’s Pitcher Means throws No-Hitter

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    I think they had one back in the palezoic era. Last one was Jim Palmer.
    Also, Oriole pitcher Tom Phoebus threw one against the Red Sox in Boston a number of years ago too!

Blog Entries

Re: OT: O’s Pitcher Means throws No-Hitter

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Of course the topic would immediately shift to trading the guy.
    I don't want to trade Means, but it's recognizing how the Orioles now operate. Means is probably a player they would trade for a great package of prospects. Means will be in his age 32 years old season when he hits first hits free agency and that is later than most players.

I'd rather see Means stay in an O's uniform, but I won't be surprised at a trade because the front office is building for the team from a few years from now.

Blog Entries

If you do deal him, I wouldn't do it until next year or a year after. You'd have to get an offer you can't refuse in prospects. At least 3 top 100 guys and a unanimous top 15-20 guy. A 29, 30 year old pitcher with 2-3 years left will get a perfectly fine haul of young guys. I think this team is making the turn in this rebuild. Mullins, Hays, Mountcastle's bat will come around. G Rod and Hall seem to be studs. And Adley will likely be here in 2022. I think it's very wait and see for the time being, regardless of if we're in any spot for contention this year. As much as I would love to keep Means, I would also love for our farm to have a lot more depth. I said this was going to be the last 100+ loss season before they get a lot of the young guys up next year and win probably 70 games, showing a lot of promise, but maturing through some growing pains. Then 2023 they make a push for winning 85+ and we find the core of this team going forward.
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Scott Garceau is getting blasted on that thread. Wowser. I admittedly prefer him on football radio.

Eveyone was upset when they dumped Gary Thorne but I don't see a big difference.

I've said from the beginning that Kevin Brown and Geoff Arnold will someday be thought of in the same vein as Jon Miller and Joe Angel...or Chuck Thompson and Bill O'Donnell in the earlier era.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    Fittingly, it's looks almost exactly like Cal getting the final out in the 1983 World Series.
    Good call.

By the way anyone dumping on Garceau should listen to this. Who is it. Curt Gowdy maybe?

Bay the way, two, has anyone ever pitched a no hits, no walks, no errors complete game without getting a perfect game? In a perverse sense, it's more rare than a perfect game.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Good call.

By the way anyone dumping on Garceau should listen to this. Who is it. Curt Gowdy maybe?
    Sounds like Vin Scully.

Bay the way, two, has anyone ever pitched a no hits, no walks, no errors complete game without getting a perfect game? In a perverse sense, it's more rare than a perfect game.
    Apparently not. https://twitter.com/MLBStats/status/1390066593342840832

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    Also, Oriole pitcher Tom Phoebus threw one against the Red Sox in Boston a number of years ago too!
    I was fortunate to witness the O's first no hitter - Hoyt Wilhelm against the Yankees September 20, 1958 at Memorial Stadium. Gus Triandos was able to hit a home run off Bobby Shantz in the 7th who had come on in relief of Don Larson who had pitched 6 innings of 1 hit ball (a bunt by Bob Boyd in the 1st inning).

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    I was fortunate to witness the O's first no hitter - Hoyt Wilhelm against the Yankees September 20, 1958 at Memorial Stadium. Gus Triandos was able to hit a home run off Bobby Shantz in the 7th who had come on in relief of Don Larson who had pitched 6 innings of 1 hit ball (a bunt by Bob Boyd in the 1st inning).

Blog Entries

Scott Garceau is getting blasted on that thread. Wowser. I admittedly prefer him on football radio.

Eveyone was upset when they dumped Gary Thorne but I don't see a big difference.

I've said from the beginning that Kevin Brown and Geoff Arnold will someday be thought of in the same vein as Jon Miller and Joe Angel...or Chuck Thompson and Bill O'Donnell in the earlier era.
    I love Scott, but he's terrible calling the Orioles. Honestly didn't think his call of Means no hitter was bad at all, but he's not good on play by play for baseball. Football though I thought he was phenomenal. He's one of the voices of my childhood and called some of the greatest moments in Ravens history. All around good guy too
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

Thorne is a treasure

Game Seven Gary.
    "That's what."
    — She