Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Browns offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Or, as Juju said, "The Browns is the Browns."

At least until they prove otherwise.
    funny thing is, they ended Pitt's season with a loss, then went back up there the next week and kicked their ass in the playoffs...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    funny thing is, they ended Pitt's season with a loss, then went back up there the next week and kicked their ass in the playoffs...
    Not a lot went right for JuJu last season. Average production in an offense that throws the ball 60 times a game, talking shite on social media and having it come back to bite him in the ass... I am surprised the Ravens wanted to overpay him, but I am happy that the money went to their LT instead and that we got Bateman and Wallace at the fraction of the cost of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    One of my best friends is from Youngstown, OH and is a huge Browns fan. Whenever we text, I always drop some Baker smack. I usually refer to him as Baker Flutie. That one gets my buddy going big time.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Lamar Jackson hasn’t lost too many regular seasons games but he’s split the meetings with the Browns the past 2 years. The only team he’s lost against more is the Chiefs. It’s those losses that are the basis of taking the Browns seriously
    god, funny how memory works. I completely wiped that 2019 home loss from my mind, lol. Though I hope we would agree that in that game, the defense was a far bigger issue (and that was before our offense had really hit its stride that year).

On paper, the Browns defense really did improve, and I think their offensive talent and scheme is a real challenge. It'll be an interesting challenge of our revamped receiving core vs their revamped secondary. Unless Clowney has a huge year, I think on balance their front will be worse.

This was still a team that finished with a negative point differential last season. I think their front office is great but I still believe that Baker is a limited QB -- ideally they end up giving him a (large) 2nd contract and their cap is fucked because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Lamar Jackson hasn’t lost too many regular seasons games but he’s split the meetings with the Browns the past 2 years. The only team he’s lost against more is the Chiefs. It’s those losses that are the basis of taking the Browns seriously
    This is a big part of the problem with how some folks see the Browns. They are always a threat, even when Hue was coaching them. But usually, even though the games are tight and sometimes sloppy, the Ravens win them. The close games sometimes feel like a loss. That 2019 blowout was the catalyst for possibly the greatest run of "in-season" moves a GM has ever had.

For the record, Harbaugh is 20-4 vs the Browns
    Lamar is 4-1, only loss being the one referenced above.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    sf89, I think a team can have a "middle of the pack talent" @ QB if they've got a solid O-line, plus good RBs and WRs. Add a strong defense and a team can win. I'm not a great talent evaluator, but it seems to me that Mayfield may be better than you've given him credit for. He has thrown for over 3,000 yards in each of his three years w/the Browns. He's averaged 25 TDs per season (along with 14 INTs and 4 fumbles) and has rushed for 4 total TDs. Maybe not HOF stats, but he's only 26 and probably still developing... Bc
    22 TD's and 21 INT's in 2019, if Lamar had that line the national media would've had an aneurism and declared him a bust that should just change positions already

Can the Browns be successful with a middle of the pack QB, sure. The Jets made an AFCC with Mark Sanchez, Jags made an AFCC with Bortles. But with arguably the best OL in the NFL, top 3 running game, and a stacked supporting cast so many of his flaws are covered up. Lamar had a top 3 running game as well but the difference is Lamar WAS the top 3 running game.

I don't believe he's drastically better than he was in 2019, those flaws will manifest sooner or later in the playoffs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    22 TD's and 21 INT's in 2019, if Lamar had that line the national media would've had an aneurism and declared him a bust that should just change positions already

Can the Browns be successful with a middle of the pack QB, sure. The Jets made an AFCC with Mark Sanchez, Jags made an AFCC with Bortles. But with arguably the best OL in the NFL, top 3 running game, and a stacked supporting cast so many of his flaws are covered up. Lamar had a top 3 running game as well but the difference is Lamar WAS the top 3 running game.

I don't believe he's drastically better than he was in 2019, those flaws will manifest sooner or later in the playoffs

You seem to disregard 2020, when he threw for 26 TDs with only 8 INTs. Seems quite convenient to your argument. He also led the Browns to an 11 - 5 record, with a playoff win as well... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    You seem to disregard 2020, when he threw for 26 TDs with only 8 INTs. Seems quite convenient to your argument. He also led the Browns to an 11 - 5 record, with a playoff win as well... Bc
    Behind the best OL in football, with the best RB duo in football, and a very good assortment of weapons in the passing game.

They still have all of that, which is great for Baker, but the supporting cast improved more than he did imo, specifically the OL

Much like the Tannehill's and Bortles of the league, a supporting cast will only take him so far, against high level competition in the playoffs I'm of the belief that those same flaws from 2019 will manifest themselves. He didn't make a Lamar-esque leap over an offseason, he just has all day to throw and an elite running game.

Browns have a qb with ELITE arm talent.

And he's in an offense that hides his weakness, which is reading the middle of the field due to his height.

Bakers arm is elite, but he'll never be Great unless he can Drew Brees around his height. It's rare.

If the Browns can get their defense together, they can win a ton of games. I dont know if they will ever be a superbowl contender unless Mayfield can stand and deliver from the pocket tho .

Side note for baker haters... your literally crazy. Hes spearheaded a 1-32 team and turned them into a playoff team. If that was any non afcn team we would be fawning over him.

The idea that baker sucks is insane. If he was 6"5 he'd be terrifying

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Side note for baker haters... your literally crazy. Hes spearheaded a 1-32 team and turned them into a playoff team. If that was any non afcn team we would be fawning over him.

The idea that baker sucks is insane. If he was 6"5 he'd be terrifying
    Much as I hate the team and fan base, he proved me wrong. Baker is the real deal. If he can manage OBJ and tell him to STFU, I will be impressed. There is no reason to not consider them a Super Bowl Team.