Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Browns offseason

I just can't get worked up about the Clowns. They will have to do more and be consistent for me to worry about them. The Steelers still feel like more of a threat to me. We have been down this road too many times only to find that instead of a launching off point the Clowns hit their peak and fade back, even with a "loaded roster and great off-season."

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Or, as Juju said, "The Browns is the Browns."

At least until they prove otherwise.

I do think it's the Browns turn to win the division. They have an easier schedule and will take advantage, but I couldn't care less about the division, I want playoff wins, all of them! :D

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Odell is coming back, he'll fuck chemistry for sure...
    This is the dancing with the devil pact. They only got better last year when he was disabled. If they don't understand or figure that out, they can kiss this year goodbye.

fear of nobody
    respect everyone
    F**k Titans

Miedo a nadie
    Respeto a todos
    F**k Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    The division will come down to us or them, the Steelers will still compete but with old af Ben they will be 3rd, with the Bengals a more formidable 4th. Should be a hell of a competitive division for years to come. As a fan I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Agree. GM Andrew Berry (John Carroll HS grad) and Stefanski are the big difference makers in their very good season last year. Also, their 2020 2nd round draft pick, Safety Grant Delpit never played a down last year and is reportedly healthy now. Whoever wins the AFC North will earn it.

i'm sorry, this team has shown very little ability to even remotely slow down Lamar since his rookie season, and until they do that they just do not scare me. The only team in the AFC we should be looking at with any deference is the Chiefs (who, incidentally, I still don't see us beating unless they suffer an absolute rash of injuries; but, to be fair, I don't see any team beating a locked in Chiefs under any other circumstances; that offense, with what they've done to the OL in one year, is obscenely talented, and we always shit our pants against their defense); the Bills on a neutral field is about 50/50 to me. The Browns, though? They've been media and paper darlings for the last 3 years. I need to see it before I fear it, I'm sorry. All respect to them, and they're almost a lock to win 10+ games, but I don't fear them at all, and I find it odd some people here do. Prove to me that you can stop Lamar from styling on you before I have some fear for you

EDIT: Would also like to add that the Ravens feel close to guaranteed to have top 10 ST and Defensive units year in and out, and that this offense, with the additions and with a more motivated Lamar and a Roman with far more pressure to innovate in the passing game, feels like it can be a top 5 unit and yet the board seems overall down on the team. It's a bit weird. This Ravens team can be really special. All this talk about the talent of the Browns, the roster construction of the Browns; uh, look at our roster?
    Last edited by Julius486; 05-05-2021 at 10:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Julius486 View Post
    i'm sorry, this team has shown very little ability to even remotely slow down Lamar since his rookie season, and until they do that they just do not scare me. The only team in the AFC we should be looking at with any deference is the Chiefs (who, incidentally, I still don't see us beating unless they suffer an absolute rash of injuries; but, to be fair, I don't see any team beating a locked in Chiefs under any other circumstances; that offense, with what they've done to the OL in one year, is obscenely talented, and we always shit our pants against their defense); the Bills on a neutral field is about 50/50 to me. The Browns, though? They've been media and paper darlings for the last 3 years. I need to see it before I fear it, I'm sorry. All respect to them, and they're almost a lock to win 10+ games, but I don't fear them at all, and I find it odd some people here do. Prove to me that you can stop Lamar from styling on you before I have some fear for you

EDIT: Would also like to add that the Ravens feel close to guaranteed to have top 10 ST and Defensive units year in and out, and that this offense, with the additions and with a more motivated Lamar and a Roman with far more pressure to innovate in the passing game, feels like it can be a top 5 unit and yet the board seems overall down on the team. It's a bit weird. This Ravens team can be really special. All this talk about the talent of the Browns, the roster construction of the Browns; uh, look at our roster?
    Lamar Jackson hasn’t lost too many regular seasons games but he’s split the meetings with the Browns the past 2 years. The only team he’s lost against more is the Chiefs. It’s those losses that are the basis of taking the Browns seriously

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Their 2020 OL made Mayfield look way better than he is, he has limitations that hold them back down the stretch. Most important position in the game and he's middle of the pack talent

But that roster is stacked, holy shit

I like the pressure on them and not us. We're always better underdogs than frontrunners
    sf89, I think a team can have a "middle of the pack talent" @ QB if they've got a solid O-line, plus good RBs and WRs. Add a strong defense and a team can win. I'm not a great talent evaluator, but it seems to me that Mayfield may be better than you've given him credit for. He has thrown for over 3,000 yards in each of his three years w/the Browns. He's averaged 25 TDs per season (along with 14 INTs and 4 fumbles) and has rushed for 4 total TDs. Maybe not HOF stats, but he's only 26 and probably still developing... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Lamar Jackson hasn’t lost too many regular seasons games but he’s split the meetings with the Browns the past 2 years. The only team he’s lost against more is the Chiefs. It’s those losses that are the basis of taking the Browns seriously
    Lamar is 4-1 against the Browns in his career. The only loss being the blowout at home in 2019. Two of the other games came down to the wire: the final game in 2018 in Mosely's INT sealing it, and the one last year with Lamar throwing the 4th down TD to Hollywood.

In the regular season, Lamar has lost to KC three times, and Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New England and Tennessee once each.

I had the Browns in the RSR Mock Draft, and trying to find areas of need on their roster... there weren’t any. So I looked at old guys who might need to be replaced in the near future. Nobody over 30. It is a really great roster on paper.

On. Paper.

They still haven’t finished above third place in the AFCN since 2007. You’re only as good as your quarterback, no matter how good the rest of the roster is. This will be the year to find out about Baker. Injuries, luck, chemistry issues, coaching decisions... a lot of things can derail a season.

This division doesn’t get to beat up on the NFCLeast this year. We won’t be sending three teams to the playoffs. We might not be sending two. The division games will be a lot of fun this season.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    I am not sure I am that confident in "The Browns being the Browns" these days. Somebody slipped them some "grow up" juice and they seem to be putting people in the right places of leadership. Of course, they do have Faker Mayfield, so there is that ....
    One of my best friends is from Youngstown, OH and is a huge Browns fan. Whenever we text, I always drop some Baker smack. I usually refer to him as Baker Flutie. That one gets my buddy going big time.