Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Browns offseason

Teams tend to return to their norm after a year with big improvements. We went from 14-2 down to 11-5 last year. I expect the Browns to drop to 10-6 or 9-7 this year. Some teams seem to hit every game at the right time or get every game break all year long. But the next year the injuries mount, the breaks go against them or just a stiffer schedule catches up to them.

Browns defense is upgraded, but so is our O-Line and wide receiver room. IF our passing game advances and people stay healthy we will be hard to stop, though we might not hold onto the ball for 9 minutes/drive.

Blog Entries

I remember them being the darlings of the offseason before. This feels different.

I hear it every year. And every year I sleep soundly. This year is no different

If they lose Olivier Vernon could we bring him in? He’s a good rusher

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I remember them being the darlings of the offseason before. This feels different.
    Same, and same.

One thing that makes it hugely different is that this hype comes off a year where they actually showed something. They had a double-digit win season and also notched a playoff win.

They also played solid, deliberate football. And their offensive system is tried-&-true: that Shanahan-Kubiak zone stretch + WCO. Proven to work over the long term. Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt. (I also like that TE who was a rookie last year, Bryant.)

The basis seems more solid than their earlier turn in the spotlight as darlings.

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    If they lose Olivier Vernon could we bring him in? He’s a good rusher
    Torn Achilles. Availability uncertain.

Their roster is stacked and i think Baker has finally gotten the idea of what it takes to win, over the last half of the season he played pretty well and didnt turn the ball hardly over at all. They are a legit contender in my eyes
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

This is the season Baker needs to prove himself, or else it's time for the Browns to look again for their franchise QB.

Their 2020 OL made Mayfield look way better than he is, he has limitations that hold them back down the stretch. Most important position in the game and he's middle of the pack talent

But that roster is stacked, holy shit

I like the pressure on them and not us. We're always better underdogs than frontrunners

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Their 2020 OL made Mayfield look way better than he is, he has limitations that hold them back down the stretch. Most important position in the game and he's middle of the pack talent

But that roster is stacked, holy shit

I like the pressure on them and not us. We're always better underdogs than frontrunners
    Ravens are still the favorites. Per Vegas at least.

12. Re: Browns offseason

They finally have a decent coach with a talented roster. They're going to be a tough out for sure.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk