Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Browns offseason

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    "JOK is going to lock down Lamar" - Browns Fans

*Couldn't even tackle or catch up to Amari Rodgers (Who runs a 4.5) in the open field on two attempts in the same play*

Highly overrated prospect. Lots of NFL scouts were reporting that he just isn't what the media think he is. Explains why many teams passed on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Keep it simple and do td/int ratio. Could also do point differential, tds are 6 and a turnover is negative whatever points occur on the ensuing drive. Other option could be epa/play, or epa over the season.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Well someone smarter than me please come up with how we should measure if Lamar or Baker has a better season and I will agree to the bet. I thought the main stat lines made sense, but maybe not. I don't comprehend or apply those higher level statistics when judging QBs usually. It's total yards, total tds and total ints...but maybe that's over-simplified? Maybe TD/INT ratio? Or TDs/PA?

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Well someone smarter than me please come up with how we should measure if Lamar or Baker has a better season and I will agree to the bet. I thought the main stat lines made sense, but maybe not. I don't comprehend or apply those higher level statistics when judging QBs usually. It's total yards, total tds and total ints...but maybe that's over-simplified? Maybe TD/INT ratio? Or TDs/PA?
    Just do QBR. That takes it all into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    LMAO, isn't that the stat where some folks on here lose their shit because ESPN or whoever won't disclose what goes into it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    So far,
    Lamar:
    2018 - 42.6, 31st in the league
    2019 - 83.0, 1st
    2020 - 73.7, 7th

Baker:
    2018 - 51.2, 23rd in the league
    2019 - 54.4, 19th
    2020 - 72.2, 10th

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    LMAO, isn't that the stat where some folks on here lose their shit because ESPN or whoever won't disclose what goes into it?
    Maybe? I found this article explaining some of it:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...oved-qb-rating

If you don’t like that, you could just have a number of relevant stats (TD/INT, Fumbles, YPA, etc) and give each QB 1 point for every stat they’re superior in, and then whoever has the most points wins? I know people don’t like the subjective awards, but you could do something like this:

The best QB of the two

A) wins MVP; if neither
    B) is an All Pro; if neither
    C) makes the pro bowl; if neither
    D) where they fall on the NFL Top 100?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Highly overrated prospect. Lots of NFL scouts were reporting that he just isn't what the media think he is. Explains why many teams passed on him.
    Brownies fans get so far up their own ass in the offseason. The only players that I think could athletically match up and spy Lamar in the entire NFL are:

Devin White & Jamal Adams

Lamar has been too slippery for the likes of Bobby Wagner and Fred Warner.... the notion that JOK is more equipped to handle Lamar than those guys is just laughable to me

Any one player might match up well against LJ one play with help. But LJ has a unique set of skills which nobody matches up well against every play. He is super fast, can stop in a single step, change directions with easy and be fully accelerated in a step. Barry Sanders might be a match but few if any others. And LJ is decisive. Sees an opening and is gone in a flash, then slides away from hard contact. I’ve seen countless lb feel great about running him out of bounds only to see he just gained 6-10 plus yards without even a finger being laid on him.

The chances the Browns found a single player who can shut him down are laughable. Truth is they might have figured out that what they had was so ineffective that it was time for out of the box thinking. Unfortunately 99.9% of out of the box things don’t work. Time will tell if he is part of the .1% and then what do you do when he pulls up and hits a receiver when Mr. Solution comes up to stop him. That is after all why mobile qb are a cast iron B if they get outside to pick you apart. Wilson in Seattle and Homes in KC come to mind.

This new Brownie with the big name ... the “Lamar Killer” ... and the next day the Ravens drafted the “Lamar Killer Killer” they want to put a lightweight LB to stop a power run scheme because the QB MIGHT run. Thank you! Misters Cleveland and Edwards got something for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I disagree I really liked him even at the bottom of the first. Browns got a steal. He'll be a huge upgrade because their linebackers are trash and because he was taken in the 2nd he no longer has to be that guy anyways he just has to be better then the likes of Dillon Radunz which I think he is. The funny thing is I didn't really like their last years crop at all.

To me not taking Becton was and is a huge head scratcher.
    Last edited by boller4president; 05-18-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Blog Entries

Our teams are so evenly matched, imo that both games will come down to (gasp) coaching.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I disagree I really liked him even at the bottom of the first. Browns got a steal. He'll be a huge upgrade because their linebackers are trash and because he was taken in the 2nd he no longer has to be that guy anyways he just has to be better then the likes of Dillon Radunz which I think he is. The funny thing is I didn't really like their last years crop at all.

To me not taking Becton was and is a huge head scratcher.
    Clearly many GMs and scouting departments disagree with you