Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Browns offseason

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    Care to make a bet on who has the better numbers this year Lamar or Baker, combined running and throwing yards to give Lamar a fair chance, I will put a $100 up, we can each pick a charity to donate the money to, I will select St Judes Childrens Hospital if I win. Made this offer last year didn’t have any takers
    So combined yards, TDs and INTs?
    If that's the case, I'll take the bet.

For reference:
    Baker - 3,968 combined yards, 25 TDs, 21 INTs
    Lamar - 4,333 combined yards, 43 TDs, 6 INTs

Baker - 3,728 combined yards, 27 TDs, 8 INTs
    Lamar - 3,762 combined yards, 33 TDs, 9 INTs

Keeping in mind that Lamar only played 15 games both seasons....
    Yes, I'll take that bet all day.

I know that others disagree, but I would take Baker over Lamar 7 days a week, I think we are 2nd or 3rd in the division this year, depends on Lamars development as a passer, making the proper reads , getting the ball out on time and accurately and not just between the hash. Not a lot of confidence that he will improve working with a pop Warner coach in the offseason.
    I would agree with you that the Browns roster is much better it's infact stacked and I thought they absolutely nailed the draft.

However, Baker is still a qb who struggles to get through his reads and break down a defense it's a big reason why the Browns have basically turned their number one qb into Flacco-lite and put all the onus on the running game to carry the roster.

As a Raven fan I hope he plays well next year to get his next contract because then the Browns are stuck. As far as Lamar goes it's important to remember not only the weapons Mayfield has had on offense including a killer oline but also the fact he came out later

Sure just let me know your charity of choice, not sure how we would incorporate TDs and Ints thou
    Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    So combined yards, TDs and INTs? By the way I hope you win the bet big time
    If that's the case, I'll take the bet.By the wy I hope you win the bet big time, that would mean the Ravens are Rocking

For reference:
    Baker - 3,968 combined yards, 25 TDs, 21 INTs
    Lamar - 4,333 combined yards, 43 TDs, 6 INTs

Baker - 3,728 combined yards, 27 TDs, 8 INTs
    Lamar - 3,762 combined yards, 33 TDs, 9 INTs

Keeping in mind that Lamar only played 15 games both seasons....
    Yes, I'll take that bet all day.

The browns have two WRs that are better than our best right now. You could argue Obj and Hollywood are a push. In no way would I take baker over Lamar, if the pocket collapses on Baker he's done, Lamar routinely makes something out of nothing and it changes games

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    The browns have two WRs that are better than our best right now. You could argue Obj and Hollywood are a push. In no way would I take baker over Lamar, if the pocket collapses on Baker he's done, Lamar routinely makes something out of nothing and it changes games

Baker is basically a one read qb. If his primary read isn't there he panics rolls right and goes into improvisation mode.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Baker is basically a one read qb. If his primary read isn't there he panics rolls right and goes into improvisation mode.
    I can't imagine any ravens fan other than the one above would take baker over Lamar...

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

I'm not worried at all about the Ravens chances vs. the Browns. Perhaps I look at bigger fish. We'll see how they react without sneaking up on some and how their guys handle some success.

Did One-Eyed Bird take my bet or was it to specific?

He Sure did read back a few post.

He Sure did read back a few post.
    Seems like the best way to determine who had a "better" year. If we are just talking passing yards, it doesn't seem like that measures anything...especially if a team is playing from behind a lot.

My charities are the
    Alzheimer's Association - https://www.alz.org/
    and
    Breast Cancer Research Foundation - https://www.bcrf.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    That is very true. A few years ago I thought that the Steelers may have snuck one by the experts and that Mason Rudolph might turn out to be pretty good. I was very wrong, that guy sucks.
    But Baker, Burrow and Lamar should be poised for several years of battling back and forth.
    Legitimately concerned about Burrow's ability to stay healthy as he gets destroyed behind the LOS

The Bengals were wise to invest three draft picks into the OL but how long will it take them to develop?

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Browns defense is upgraded, but so is our O-Line and wide receiver room. IF our passing game advances and people stay healthy we will be hard to stop, though we might not hold onto the ball for 9 minutes/drive.
    I'll say their pass defense is upgraded, and mainly due to their improved secondary.

Their run defense still looks pretty bad. Myles Garrett isn't the best run defender and their best DTs are Jordan Elliott (interior pass rusher), Malik Jackson (hasn't been good since 2017) and Andrew Billings (Mr Average). So Jadaveon Clowney's been brought in. Like I've said multiple times, Clowney is in the process of falling out of the league.

So, yeah. Game plan for Baltimore should still be to run all over the Browns. They don't play until later in the season so we'll see what changes happen for both teams.