Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast

Browns offseason

Once again, the Browns are the darlings of the pundits, this time with some reason.

My question is, how much do they really appear to have improved this offseason?

e.g. They signed Clowney and some other guys on the D-Line, but they cut Richardson and likely lose Vernon. That might be a net loss. That said their defensive backfield and linebackers have had major infusions of talent.

So any opinions from those who have been following this?

Blog Entries

Re: Browns offseason

In fairness to the Browns their roster is stacked and they had a good offseason. I am legit concerned. But if the Ravens are going to win the superbowl, they have to beat these types of teams. Iron shapes Iron and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Once again, the Browns are the darlings of the pundits, this time with some reason.

e.g. They signed Clowney and some other guys on the D-Line, but they cut Richardson and likely lose Vernon. That might be a net loss. That said their defensive backfield and linebackers have had major infusions of talent.

I think the pundits are right. Cleveland probably have the best roster in the NFL. If there are any weak position groups, I can't see them. I expect them to be really good this year.

I only hope all the praise goes to Baker's head again and he comes out thinking he's a star and playing like trash a la 2019 but I think he's learned from that, sadly.

They're good, they certainly improved on defense, but I don't think they're anything the Ravens can't handle. I'd rather them be the favorites anyways. The pressure is all on them.

KC and Buffalo are the obstacles standing in our way in the AFC, not Cleveland.

Blog Entries

They improved the back end of their defense. But they still have that QB that goes through the cycles like the wheel says. Here's hoping they have every issue a team has faced and fall down below Cinci this season

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

They'll go as far as Baker takes them. If they were sold on him they would have given him a deal after a pretty good season so what does that tell you? Compare that to the Ravens who have basically said they are signing Lamar and it may get done this offseason.

7. Re: Browns offseason

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post

Adding Johnson at safety and some young, talented prospects at LB immediately addresses their two biggest areas of weakness from last season. I'm genuinely concerned we'll actually end the season LOOKING UP at the Browns in the standings...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Adding Johnson at safety and some young, talented prospects at LB immediately addresses their two biggest areas of weakness from last season. I'm genuinely concerned we'll actually end the season LOOKING UP at the Browns in the standings...
    Yeah on paper. There are no guarantees that those rookies will make an immediate impact, just like ours. The division will very much depend on who had the better draft and who made the better offseason roster decisions. Will be interesting to watch. The Ravens always do best when they are the underdog though, look at 2019.

I'd say the pecking order in the AFC is Chiefs, Bills, Browns, Ravens.

But games aren't played on paper and a lot of the time it boils down to who can stay healthy.

Still hope we sign a veteran edge guy. I don't think it will be Houston. Kerrigan?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    I'd say the pecking order in the AFC is Chiefs, Bills, Browns, Ravens.

But games aren't played on paper and a lot of the time it boils down to who can stay healthy.

Still hope we sign a veteran edge guy. I don't think it will be Houston. Kerrigan?
    Reading Tony's recently article it seems like Houston won't be coming here until he drops his prices. But it does seem like we are going to add a veteran edge rusher one way or another... it might be Houston or it might be someone else.

Blog Entries

The Browns have a deep, talented roster, and are a concern (on paper). If they're coached well they will likely do damage in the AFCN. We had to expect it someday after about 25 years of ineptitude. If today is that day, then the 2021 Ravens say, "Bring it on! We're not exactly weaklings that shake in our boots!"... Bc

I think they made decent signings and drafted well. If their defense stays healthy this season they actually would be one of the best teams.