Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: What will Lamar's deal look like?

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoj View Post
    I wonder if he would get more than Mahomes if we win the superbowl this season
    If we do not sign him this year he will get more than Mahomes

Cap will go way up with new TV deal. Sign him now or pay 50M/yr in a year or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s gonna be a lot! Ravens gonna feel the burn of the “ you took Hurst over me”payback!

Next offseason he will get 110% of Deshaun Watson with a similar structure. Do not see him accepting a structure like Mahomes. Do not see him deferring yay much money nor ceding so much control to the team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    It’s gonna be a lot! Ravens gonna feel the burn of the “ you took Hurst over me”payback!

Considering the fact that 2 pro bowlers were taken after Lamar in that class, I highly doubt he's thinking that way. He is not toxic like Arod is.

5. Re: What will Lamar's deal look like?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Next offseason he will get 110% of Deshaun Watson with a similar structure. Do not see him accepting a structure like Mahomes. Do not see him deferring yay much money nor ceding so much control to the team.

Hard to say. He doesn't have an agent and he's doing the deal himself. This is the one thing I dont care for. Our QB shouldnt be boggled down trying to learn and figure out his contract during the off-season. Too much unnecessary stress and hassle.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Hard to say. He doesn't have an agent and he's doing the deal himself. This is the one thing I dont care for. Our QB shouldnt be boggled down trying to learn and figure out his contract during the off-season. Too much unnecessary stress and hassle.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    That’s on the player. I remember the Ravens having similar issues with Ed Reed at the end of his career. You can’t force a player to hire an agent if they don’t want to.

Let's put it this way. The maximum contract value is going to be $200,000,000. Lamar's camp can decide how many years they want that over.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That’s on the player. I remember the Ravens having similar issues with Ed Reed at the end of his career. You can’t force a player to hire an agent if they don’t want to.
    So let's think about this:

He's a guy without a college degree who has chosen not to use an agent and represent himself, or get his mother to do it or whatever. He's a former MVP and one of the best players in the player at the most important question, but he has extreme durability concerns due to the way he plays, and has accuracy issues.

I don't see this situation ending well. Sounds like he's looking at playing through a fifth year option and taking a tag for a season or two until he hires himself an agent or busts out of the league.

There isn't a (realistic) number that I would be upset about for Lamar's deal. He should get as much money as he possibly can. I'd be ecstatic if we got him for basically the same deal as Mahomes. That Mahomes contract is going to be one of the biggest bargains in sports when the cap keeps skyrocketing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    So let's think about this:

He's a guy without a college degree who has chosen not to use an agent and represent himself, or get his mother to do it or whatever. He's a former MVP and one of the best players in the player at the most important question, but he has extreme durability concerns due to the way he plays, and has accuracy issues.

I don't see this situation ending well. Sounds like he's looking at playing through a fifth year option and taking a tag for a season or two until he hires himself an agent or busts out of the league.
    Busts out of the league? This guy was the unanimous MVP a year ago, got COVID during the middle of the season last year, and still led his team to the divisional round. What in the hell are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    Busts out of the league? This guy was the unanimous MVP a year ago, got COVID during the middle of the season last year, and still led his team to the divisional round. What in the hell are you talking about?
    Just health related really. It happens all the time with running QBs. Maybe do some research on the matter. I mean I find it a little hard to believe that you could follow the NFL and not realize that fast running QBs tend to be a lot better earlier in their career than later.

Blog Entries

They just have to get the structure right.
    Mahomes got money but the contract was reportedly structured to give the team as much flexibility to still put talent around him.