Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 141
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    56,654
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New Jersey program offers free beer to those who get Covid-19 vaccine.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Help me understand where you're coming from with these two. Do you not think they need to approve it? If not, why does the authorization matter?
    The FDA is just one more bureaucracy that regulates a lot of things...and there are a lot of us that want to see the government reduce regulations, right? So...which is it? Are we going to flame the vaccine because it's not FDA approved and in the next convo discuss how the government regulates too much?

    The Emergency Use Authorization is effectively an FDA approval and I was just responding to someone that said the FDA didn't approve it. Point of clarification if you will.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.





  2. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,982
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New Jersey program offers free beer to those who get Covid-19 vaccine.

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The FDA is just one more bureaucracy that regulates a lot of things...and there are a lot of us that want to see the government reduce regulations, right? So...which is it? Are we going to flame the vaccine because it's not FDA approved and in the next convo discuss how the government regulates too much?
    Well a few things. A criticism is the over regulation and unnecessary regulation.

    In theory, a "non-corrupt" agency like the FDA would be to ensure that private organizations follow the necessary steps and are putting forth a safe vaccine and confirming that by "approving them"

    The fact they haven't done that, has people questioning "why not"?


    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The Emergency Use Authorization is effectively an FDA approval and I was just responding to someone that said the FDA didn't approve it. Point of clarification if you will.


    To be fair though, the emergency use is only to approve when there are no other treatments, which isn't the case.

    So if it's safe, say so and approve it. But not doing so, anyone injured as a result of these has no recourse while it's under emergency use.
    "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?" óDave Chappelle





  3. #39

    Re: New Jersey program offers free beer to those who get Covid-19 vaccine.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Well a few things. A criticism is the over regulation and unnecessary regulation.

    In theory, a "non-corrupt" agency like the FDA would be to ensure that private organizations follow the necessary steps and are putting forth a safe vaccine and confirming that by "approving them"

    The fact they haven't done that, has people questioning "why not"?






    To be fair though, the emergency use is only to approve when there are no other treatments, which isn't the case.

    So if it's safe, say so and approve it. But not doing so, anyone injured as a result of these has no recourse while it's under emergency use.

    OMG, reviewing 30,000+ test patients through 3 phases of clinical trials IS checking it for safety and efficacy.





  4. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,982
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New Jersey program offers free beer to those who get Covid-19 vaccine.

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post

    OMG, reviewing 30,000+ test patients through 3 phases of clinical trials IS checking it for safety and efficacy.
    Ok, why is it so hard to approve it than?
    "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?" óDave Chappelle





  5. #41

    Re: New Jersey program offers free beer to those who get Covid-19 vaccine.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Ok, why is it so hard to approve it than?
    OK, since you seem intent on questioning the vaccine and its safety and efficacy, what is it exactly you want to have done that has not been done???





  6. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,982
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New Jersey program offers free beer to those who get Covid-19 vaccine.

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    OK, since you seem intent on questioning the vaccine and its safety and efficacy, what is it exactly you want to have done that has not been done???
    I don't know, maybe long term studies on any potential side effects and an approval by the FDA.
    "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?" óDave Chappelle





  7. #43

    Re: New Jersey program offers free beer to those who get Covid-19 vaccine.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don't know, maybe long term studies on any potential side effects and an approval by the FDA.
    Thatís not a serious answer. Over 30,000 + trials through 3 clinical phases is not enough, so what is???? 50,000? 100,000? We have to wait 3 years, 5 years? What is the criteria and how do you justify it?





  8. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,982
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New Jersey program offers free beer to those who get Covid-19 vaccine.

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    That’s not a serious answer. Over 30,000 + trials through 3 clinical phases is not enough, so what is???? 50,000? 100,000? We have to wait 3 years, 5 years? What is the criteria and how do you justify it?
    That is a serious answer. mRNA vaccines have never made it through trials before.

    What if any are the long term effects for turning our bodies in to spike protein producing machines?

    We do see some side effects now from some people, will or could those side effects potentially be down the road waiting for others?
    "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?" óDave Chappelle





  9. #45

    Re: New Jersey program offers free beer to those who get Covid-19 vaccine.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That is a serious answer. mRNA vaccines have never made it through trials before.

    What if any are the long term effects for turning our bodies in to spike protein producing machines?

    We do see some side effects now from some people, will or could those side effects potentially be down the road waiting for others?
    Its really not. Are we supposed to never use new technology? We can never release new treatments because we have to wait decades? You dont take any vaccines because because they turn your body into spike protein producing machines???





  10. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,982
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New Jersey program offers free beer to those who get Covid-19 vaccine.

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Its really not. Are we supposed to never use new technology? We can never release new treatments because we have to wait decades?
    It is to me. Before I'm going to inject things in to my body, I want to know what the potential side effects could be. There is a reason medical trials study things over a period of time, and long term side effects are one of them. Why is that too much to ask here?

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    You dont take any vaccines because because they turn your body into spike protein producing machines???
    I was being hyperbolic/comedic. But that is essentially how they work from what I understand. In a non-scientific explanation they cause you to produce the basics of the Rona/Spike protein so you can develop the antibodies.
    "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?" óDave Chappelle





  11. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    56,654
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New Jersey program offers free beer to those who get Covid-19 vaccine.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Ok, why is it so hard to approve it than?
    Because it's the FDA...and like practically every other bureaucratic org within the gubberment...they're slow and full of bottlenecks?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.





  12. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,982
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New Jersey program offers free beer to those who get Covid-19 vaccine.

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Because it's the FDA...and like practically every other bureaucratic org within the gubberment...they're slow and full of bottlenecks?
    Certainly possible, if not likely.

    Playing devils advocate.... why give it the emergency authorization so quickly?
    "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?" óDave Chappelle





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site