Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass shootings

Mass shootings

What is with all of the mass shootings lately? It seems like there is one every single day. Why the uptick? Why weren't these happening at this rate last year during the lockdowns and thr civil unrest? Thoughts?

Blog Entries

Re: Mass shootings

Couple of things....

1) The way the US defines "Mass Shootings" is an inaccurate definition. A "Mass Shooting" should be defined as a violent act involving firearms where more than X-number of people are injured/killed/impacted. I don't know what that threshold number should be for the definition, but certainly more than 1 and I would even argue probably more than 5.

2) The media and politicians created "Mass Shootings" as a buzzword to be used when something happens at a school or store or something along those lines.

3) There are "mass shootings" practically every night in most of our major Democratic-run cities in the USA. Just last weekend in Baltimore there were several people shot and stabbed. But you don't hear the media or politicians talking about "Mass Shootings" in reference to those events. Did you ever ask yourself why?

4) The media zeroes in on practically every event that involves a firearm because they, like many Leftist politicians, want to continue pushing the legislation and political action envelope to make purchasing/owning firearms harder and harder in the US.

It's by design. Statistically, there really aren't any more "mass shootings" than there were at any other time.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Couple of things....

1) The way the US defines "Mass Shootings" is an inaccurate definition. A "Mass Shooting" should be defined as a violent act involving firearms where more than X-number of people are injured/killed/impacted. I don't know what that threshold number should be for the definition, but certainly more than 1 and I would even argue probably more than 5.

2) The media and politicians created "Mass Shootings" as a buzzword to be used when something happens at a school or store or something along those lines.

3) There are "mass shootings" practically every night in most of our major Democratic-run cities in the USA. Just last weekend in Baltimore there were several people shot and stabbed. But you don't hear the media or politicians talking about "Mass Shootings" in reference to those events. Did you ever ask yourself why?

4) The media zeroes in on practically every event that involves a firearm because they, like many Leftist politicians, want to continue pushing the legislation and political action envelope to make purchasing/owning firearms harder and harder in the US.

It's by design. Statistically, there really aren't any more "mass shootings" than there were at any other time.
    I Agee with most of this but I don't think it has to do with cities being democratic. It's just dumbass people

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    I Agee with most of this but I don't think it has to do with cities being democratic. It's just dumbass people

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    It has everything to do with cities being run by dems. They use blacks like slaves to increase taxes. Then they give away money without any accountability. Look what they are doing now. Talking about free college, $1000/mo free money. $500/month for each child. Where is the incentive for someone to try and better themselves

The sad part is the ignorant city people with their hands out, don’t understand economics at all. They think getting $3k free a month is going to make them rich. In reality, it will drive prices up. Food, rent, etc.

We have watched this game repeat the same play for the past 50 years. But there are still people that think the outcome will be different this time

Bottom line, the dem leaders are the modern day slave owner. And the blacks are more than happy to play the role of the slave

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    It has everything to do with cities being run by dems. They use blacks like slaves to increase taxes. Then they give away money without any accountability. Look what they are doing now. Talking about free college, $1000/mo free money. $500/month for each child. Where is the incentive for someone to try and better themselves

The sad part is the ignorant city people with their hands out, don’t understand economics at all. They think getting $3k free a month is going to make them rich. In reality, it will drive prices up. Food, rent, etc.

We have watched this game repeat the same play for the past 50 years. But there are still people that think the outcome will be different this time

Bottom line, the dem leaders are the modern day slave owner. And the blacks are more than happy to play the role of the slave
    I don't agree with the bold and I don't think that's a fair assessment either. I agree with you that a majority of Dem leadership in these major cities certainly seem to view their citizens in that light, but I don't think Black Americans are more than happy to play that role. I think it's just been a vicious cycle that has perpetuated for decades and has become so ingrained in their daily lives that they simply just don't think about it and likely don't even realize it's happening. That doesn't make them "more than happy" though.

Congrats on outing yourself as a racist. Gleefully call black people slaves while ignoring that welfare is comprised of 75% white people.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Congrats on outing yourself as a racist. Gleefully call black people slaves while ignoring that welfare is comprised of 75% white people.
    "They use blacks as slaves" Quite figuratively he is implying it is wrong the dems look at blacks as slaves.

According to pew research 18% of Americans have received welfare 15% of this 18% is white, 31% is black and 22% is Hispanic. Interestingly 22% self label as democrat and 10% as republican, many do not answer.

76% of this nation is white , 13% is black. This is wildly disproportionate.

Quote Originally Posted by BuryRaven View Post
    "They use blacks as slaves" Quite figuratively he is implying it is wrong the dems look at blacks as slaves.

According to pew research 18% of Americans have received welfare 15% of this 18% is white, 31% is black and 22% is Hispanic. Interestingly 22% self label as democrat and 10% as republican, many do not answer.

76% of this nation is white , 13% is black. This is wildly disproportionate.
    The number of SNAP households who were headed by a white person was 75.8 percent in 2019, compared to 12.5 headed by a black person and 13.6 headed by a Hispanic person. [Source: United States Census Bureau]

40% of people on SNAP are white. White people in republican states (i.e. West Virginia) are quite literally and figuratively slaves

Blog Entries

The number of SNAP households who were headed by a white person was 75.8 percent in 2019, compared to 12.5 headed by a black person and 13.6 headed by a Hispanic person. [Source: United States Census Bureau]

40% of people on SNAP are white. White people in republican states (i.e. West Virginia) are quite literally and figuratively slaves
    Congrats on outing yourself as a racist. Gleefully call white people slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't agree with the bold and I don't think that's a fair assessment either. I agree with you that a majority of Dem leadership in these major cities certainly seem to view their citizens in that light, but I don't think Black Americans are more than happy to play that role. I think it's just been a vicious cycle that has perpetuated for decades and has become so ingrained in their daily lives that they simply just don't think about it and likely don't even realize it's happening. That doesn't make them "more than happy" though.
    Everyone knows that dems like to separate blacks from everyone else. Everyone knows that dems don’t think blacks are capable of living on their own. Dems don’t think blacks are smart enough to get a picture ID.

blacks know this, and know how bad they have it, and continue to vote for the exact same people. Yes, they are happy being modern day slaves.

I wasn’t talking about poverty among whites. That would be your racist views that brought that into the conversation. Was talking about how dems treat blacks as slaves. And blacks continue to support this.

Feel free to point out anything you disagree with. But calling someone a racist literally means nothing anymore. You are basically saying “I know, but.......”

Blog Entries

Everyone knows that dems like to separate blacks from everyone else. Everyone knows that dems don’t think blacks are capable of living on their own. Dems don’t think blacks are smart enough to get a picture ID.

blacks know this, and know how bad they have it, and continue to vote for the exact same people. Yes, they are happy being modern day slaves.
    Well, I think there may be an argument that there are a lot of people in this country (race notwithstanding) that are indeed intellectually challenged and are simply incapable of making good decisions for themselves. I think Democrats prey on those people, sure, but I think there are a lot of Democrats that are also operating from a place of altruism. They recognize these people can't function in society and they are trying to find ways to give those people opportunities, quality of life, etc.

I'm not saying what they are doing is working, but I think there are a lot of factors at play here. Altruism...feigned altruism in some cases...sunk cost fallacy....I think all of those things are contributors to how Democrat politicians think about Black America.