Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Ravens QB Room and Depth Chart

I like McSorley. The problem is Huntley is a better fit to the offense that the Ravens run for Lamar. McSorley would have been a great backup for Joe - but if I want someone to step into the offense to run it if Lamar goes down, Huntley is the better choice

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    I like McSorley. The problem is Huntley is a better fit to the offense that the Ravens run for Lamar. McSorley would have been a great backup for Joe - but if I want someone to step into the offense to run it if Lamar goes down, Huntley is the better choice
    McSorley just doesn't have the NFL arm talent needed. It's a shame because he's got the rest.

Don't get me wrong, he can throw it hard enough to kill just about all of us on the board, GKB and other athletes exempted, it's just not enough for the current game.

The thought of watching Huntley makes me look forward to preseason games.

Blog Entries

The battle for QB2 is going to be one of the more interesting to watch this offseason

Just saw that the Ravens invited Calvert Hall alumn QB Kenji Bahar to rookie camp. Anyone know anything about him? I know he went to Monmouth and threw for 30 TDs and 9 INTs in 2019. Not sure about last year.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Just saw that the Ravens invited Calvert Hall alumn QB Kenji Bahar to rookie camp. Anyone know anything about him? I know he went to Monmouth and threw for 30 TDs and 9 INTs in 2019. Not sure about last year.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Looks like Bahar was not in pro football last year, so he is likely not much more than a camp arm at this point. But that is what we needed. And it's nice to see a local kid get picked up by the Ravens. I saw him run some Read Option in his highlights, so he can fit in well as a 4th QB. I wouldn't mind seeing a Veteran mobile QB brought in to the competition, but I don't have any great ideas, as I think RG3 is not in the equation. The best I can see that is available is Kevin Hogan, but I'm not sure he provides anything McSorley and Huntley can't.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    So far, in very limited playing time, neither Huntley nor Mc Sorely has distinguished himself.
    Camp/Pre-Season will separate the two. I don't think by much though... Bc
    This. The only obvious difference to my eye is Huntley’s arm is stronger. Let the best man win the job in camp.

Looks like Huntley will be the backup and McSorley will start out on the IR. (Or get cut and added to PS.)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...h-back-injury/

Blog Entries

good thing they didn't play LJ or he may have back aches after that game...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Didn't Poljan play quarterback in college before switching to tight end

QB backup question took one game to settle. McSorley to PS. WR will work itself out by the third Preseason game. Where it will be very hard is going to be DB. Guy we cut today would have played us to a SB in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Stovall View Post
    Looks like Huntley will be the backup and McSorley will start out on the IR. (Or get cut and added to PS.)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...h-back-injury/
    Yeah, Ozzie asked McSorley to move Flacco's piano before the game.

I believe he will ask a DB in a few days to move it back.

McSorley will go to PS and the DB to IR.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)