Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Sign Alejandro Villaneuva to a 2-year Deal

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Seems like quite a lot to me, or is it what was expected?
    Only $7M a year, right?

Boy I cannot wait to turn on 105.7 the fan later and listen to what Jason Laconfora has to say. lol

Last friday he was 100% sure Villaneuva was not signing here and said the only way he would be at MT bank would be to play for the visiting team.

So much for 105.7 hiring so called NFL insider!

I like the signing. I would think he can play at a decent level on the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingweblink View Post
    I swear DeCosta could sign Jesus at QB and some of you guys would complain about his diet.
    I just worry that the fish on Fridays will interfere with his ability to keep weight up thru the weekend. Is he used to taking that kind of contact on Sundays? It's a long season. And will it take away from McSorley's development?

WTF is EDC doing? Too much money for someone even the stooler doesn’t want.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I just worry that the fish on Fridays will interfere with his ability to keep weight up thru the weekend. Is he used to taking that kind of contact on Sundays? It's a long season. And will it take away from McSorley's development?
    This really made me laugh and made my morning. Thanks man. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Boy I cannot wait to turn on 105.7 the fan later and listen to what Jason Laconfora has to say. lol

Last friday he was 100% sure Villaneuva was not signing here and said the only way he would be at MT bank would be to play for the visiting team.

I like the signing. I would think he can play at a decent level on the right side.
    JLC doesn't know shit.

JZ and Jonas Schaffer get more scoops. Tbh Banks gets more scoops than JLC does.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

do you really like Villanueva? his best years were with munchank as a coach, after that, it was nothing relevant. having rt in the market, why hire one who has not played there? if Stanley is not ready, it is understood more but:
    villanueva-cleveland-bozeman-zeitler-phillips is not great ol either.
    Lamar will continue running ....

realmente les gusta Villanueva? sus mejores años fueron con munchank como entrenador, despues de eso , no fue nada relevante. habiendo rt en el mercado porque contratar a uno que no ha jugado alli? si Stanley no esta listo, se entiende más pero:
    villanueva-cleveland-bozeman-zeitler-phillips tampoco es gran Ol.
    Lamar continuará corriendo ....

One thing we can agree on is Tyre Phillips didn't receive a ringing endorsement from his team this offseason.

He was 18 last year in run block win rate. The man he is replacing was 21-st. So no great drop off there. He can fill in at left tackle if Stanley is slow to work back. We have been a power running game for several years which all linemen love to block in. People need to understand LJ needs just a decent pass blocking and with his athletic ability if a rusher loses his rush lane or containment he will just take off. So pass blocking is different than for a flat footed pocket passer. AV will be fine and this gives us both vet depth and time to develop our young o linemen.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post

JLC being so adamant he wasn’t coming here made me extremely confident we’d get him.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    LT Ronnie Stanley (6-6, 315 pounds)
    LG Ben Cleveland (6-6, 357)
    C Bradley Bozeman (6-5, 325)
    RG Kevin Zeitler (6-4, 315)
    RT Alejandro Villanueva (6-9, 320)[/B][/URL]
    DeCosta says "We want to upgrade the OL," and three months later we have a new starter at every OL position except where the incumbent is an actual All-Pro.

He really doesn't fuck around.

So let me get this straight.
    Zeus Jr played LT his whole career. Got drafted by the ravens and moved to RT. Became a pro-bowler in our scheme. But fans don't think AV can make the switch and at least be competent and productive?
    With Zeitler playing next to him? In the most OLine friendly system in the NFL? And he can play LT if needed...but somehow EDC doesn't know what he's doing and this is a bad signing? In what universe outside the fevered night terrors that some Ravens fans concoct on a daily basis is this not a good signing?

Well good news is, like with all things, we can look forward to many many pages of speculation that Ronnie is not healing or will never recover from his broken ankle because it's the Ravens' fan edict to make sure we point out all the things that could possibly go wrong because of course they will