Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Sign Alejandro Villaneuva to a 2-year Deal

Hopefully most of the money is paid out this year. Don't really want to commit too many dollars to 34 year old AV.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Seems like quite a lot to me, or is it what was expected?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    It'll depend on structure.

Could be a 4M in 2021 and 10M in 2022 type deal with an option built in (I think that's how they did the Mike Wallace deal a few years ago)
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Can we all take a minute to laugh at JLC once again. The guy just chats shite, he said Villaneuva was not coming back to Baltimore because he was asking for too much money.... yet another thing he got wrong. JLC needs to lay off the politics on his twitter and start doing his job better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Cole's credibility stays in check!!!! A win for everyone.
    You called it...

Does Jeremy Fowler know something the rest of us don't, or is it just a poorly worded statement?

Saying he was signed to play left tackle and when Stanley is healthy slide to RT makes it sound like Stanley won't be ready. He was signed to play RT and is insurance if Stanley somehow isn't ready.

He should be taking all his reps at RT from day 1 to get as comfortable as possible.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Can we all take a minute to laugh at JLC once again. The guy just chats shite, he said Villaneuva was not coming back to Baltimore because he was asking for too much money.... yet another thing he got wrong. JLC needs to lay off the politics on his twitter and start doing his job better.
    I just assume the opposite is going to happen when La Canfora makes predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Does Jeremy Fowler know something the rest of us don't, or is it just a poorly worded statement?

Saying he was signed to play left tackle and when Stanley is healthy slide to RT makes it sound like Stanley won't be ready. He was signed to play RT and is insurance if Stanley somehow isn't ready.

He should be taking all his reps at RT from day 1 to get as comfortable as possible.

I don't think Stanley will be ready for the start of camp. They'll work him back slowly.

If he starts on PUP it'll be Villaneuva-Phillips.

That's mostly why this makes so much more sense than Kelly or Leno. Replacing Stanley as a pass blocker for Lamar has to be considered if he were to struggle to get back OR get hurt agian.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

The entire thing doesn’t make sense. Why sign a dude that old to a position that he has never played before?

I thought I saw that Villanueva’s stats on run blocking were better than Zeus’s stats this past season?

Blog Entries

I hope that just means they are resting Stanley for pre season and AV will be taking the reps at LT until Stanley comes back for week 1. That would be a good scenario because you also get a look at Phillips at RT by doing that to see if he has progressed.

But from what Cole was saying the Ravens are genuinely concerned about whether Stanley will be ready for week 1.

I'm going to assume he doesn't know much about Stanley's recovery. One would think that's something that is closely held by the team as it would affect there negotating position with FAs and with the Draft. And I cannot imagine a scenario where anyone in Stanley's camp would offer a reporter info in May that he may not be ready in Sept.

Regardless, it does give the Ravens that ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Heyyyy a dude that’s awful at run blocking and has never played the RT position before.

What could go wrong?!
    I swear DeCosta could sign Jesus at QB and some of you guys would complain about his diet.