Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 353637

Re: Ravens Sign Alejandro Villaneuva to a 2-year Deal

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Eric Fisher is a LT going to the Colts to play LT. If there was a full-time starting LT job available to Villy for roughly the same money he would have taken it.

I doubt he wants to be viewed as a RT going forward and learn an entirely new position. He isn't doing that because he wants to
    I am really struggling to understand your issue with Vill or EDC on this one. It seems like you are not only saying EDC got schooled but also that Vill doesn't even want to do what he'll be asked to do. So neither party is happy? The interviews and press conferences done since then seem to project the exact opposite of what you are projecting. I know I know, it's all PR spin...seems like a lot of spin to go through on both sides to pretend to be happy.

Also, who's to say they didn't look at Leno and/or Fisher? Seems to me that they decided Vill's ability to step in for Ronnie if needed and his willingness to play RT plus his health and track record sealed the deal for them. Not sure leno or fisher provided that and perhaps that's why Vill was worth more.

Also, what did you mean by "hoodwinked again"? When else did he get schooled in FA?

How does leno being signed for 5 "confirm" that you were right that Vill should have gotten the same deal?

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I'm not 100% sure this will be Brandon's last season. He's not that old, he's still very good at his run stuffing role and the days of his inflated contract will be over. If he's more interested in staying in a comfortable situation than maximizing his earnings, I wouldn't object to another year or two of Big Baby at a more reasonable price.
    I could still see them extending him if they need some space for a move.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Indeed, most of us guess that Mandrews will be a priority re-sign. Here's what I like best about the list: the top five players play QB, OT, OT, CB and CB. Those are precisely the five positions I would want to pay the most money to in today's NFL.

McPhee is far from the biggest worry after the season - there are a LOT of FAs coming up, and a good number of them are those middle-tier types that round out a good roster but you don't want to overpay.

RB Gus Edwards
    WR Sammy Watkins
    TE Mark Andrews
    FB Patrick Ricard
    OL Bradley Bozeman
    OL Patrick Mekari
    DL Calais Campbell
    DL Brandon Williams
    DL Justin Ellis
    EDGE Pernell McPhee
    LB LJ Fort
    CB Jimmy Smith
    CB Anthony Averett
    S DeShon Elliott
    S Anthony Levine (again)

..and some other guys that may or may not make the 2021 roster like Geno Stone and Davontae Harris.

Edit - just went through the OTC calculator and based on the guys I would cut to make the 53-man roster in 2021, I have the Ravens at 34 players and roughly $47 mil in cap space in 2022.
    I think my favorite part of that list was that somehow our newly re-signed olb has a lower cap number than the kicker.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk