Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2930313233 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Sign Alejandro Villaneuva to a 2-year Deal

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I say keep him for 2 years if he holds that spot down at RT unless Phillips makes big progress
    Agreed. Current high cap numbers for 2022:

23.11 Lamar Jackson
    17.25 Ronnie Stanley
    17.00 Marlon Humphrey
    15.5 Marcus Peters
    9.25 Alejandro Villanueva
    9.18 Tavon Young (sorry but bye)
    8.98 Kevin Zeitler
    7.00 Nick Boyle
    5.10 Justin Tucker
    5.00 Tyus Bowser

...and there's still something like $40 mil of projected cap space after the 2021 draft picks are signed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Agreed. Current high cap numbers for 2022:

23.11 Lamar Jackson
    17.25 Ronnie Stanley
    17.00 Marlon Humphrey
    15.5 Marcus Peters
    9.25 Alejandro Villanueva
    9.18 Tavon Young (sorry but bye)
    8.98 Kevin Zeitler
    7.00 Nick Boyle
    5.10 Justin Tucker
    5.00 Tyus Bowser

...and there's still something like $40 mil of projected cap space after the 2021 draft picks are signed.
    We will need to add in Mark Andrews to that list hopefully. I would look at signing a big name FA like a Dante Fowler. We will need a replacement for McPhee as he might retire after this year and from a pass rushing perspective we could make a key upgrade with a guy like Fowler to go with Odafe and Bowser. The draft should be focused on replacing Williams and Campbell.

The draft should be focused on replacing Williams and Campbell.
    I'm not 100% sure this will be Brandon's last season. He's not that old, he's still very good at his run stuffing role and the days of his inflated contract will be over. If he's more interested in staying in a comfortable situation than maximizing his earnings, I wouldn't object to another year or two of Big Baby at a more reasonable price.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I'm not 100% sure this will be Brandon's last season. He's not that old, he's still very good at his run stuffing role and the days of his inflated contract will be over. If he's more interested in staying in a comfortable situation than maximizing his earnings, I wouldn't object to another year or two of Big Baby at a more reasonable price.
    Don't get me wrong, I would bring Williams back here for sure. I wouldn't wanna commit anymore than 5 million for him though. I think you bring back Williams and draft a NT to share the load with him and learn from him and also a 3/5 tech to replace Campbell.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I've been thinking for a while that BWill could very well do a Smith and sign a few 1 year vet deals and finish his career in Baltimore. I'd love to see that.

Blog Entries

Brandon is about 4 months younger than Snacks Harrison. Snacks has been on the Lions, Seahawks and Packers in the last 2 years. Now he's unsigned. I don't think there is much of a market for these run stuffing DTs. It would be fantastic if the Ravens and Brandon could come up with a Jimmy Smith type deal so he could finish things here. That would work for everyone.

Replace him in the draft

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Steelers fans shit on every single player that leaves, worst fanbase in the NFL. They were all shitting on Juju when he was slated to leave and then when he re-signed they all loved him again.

Ravens fans rarely bad mouth players that leave. We wish them the best and keep it pushing.
    Bahaaaaaa! Really?
    Just when I thought you knew football.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    Bahaaaaaa! Really?
    Just when I thought you (sflegend89) knew football.
    ff, SMH, someone easily could have written "Ravens fans shit on every single player that leaves, worst fanbase in the NFL" OR substitute Ravens for any other team as long as an opposing fan writes it. The Steelers have passionate fans and their team has a long and storied history. Now I may root for the Steelers to lose for the same reasons you root for the Ravens to lose, but let's have some respect for the other guy's team... Bc

Blog Entries

Jeff Z:

There have been multiple reports that the Ravens would have taken Alabama offensive tackle Alex Leatherwood at pick 27 had the Raiders not selected him at 17. That’s not my understanding of the situation. Per sources, the Ravens would have been intrigued if Virginia Tech tackle Christian Darrisaw was there at 27, but he was taken 23rd by the Minnesota Vikings. Otherwise, the Ravens weren’t targeting Leatherwood (even if he had been available) or any of the other offensive linemen with either the 27th or 31st pick and that includes Oklahoma State’s Teven Jenkins who dropped into the second round because of some health red flags. The Ravens were comfortable with the idea of signing veteran free agent Alejandro Villanueva to play right tackle after the draft and they didn’t want to reach on any of the other tackles who they didn’t give first-round grades.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Jeff Z:

There have been multiple reports that the Ravens would have taken Alabama offensive tackle Alex Leatherwood at pick 27 had the Raiders not selected him at 17. That’s not my understanding of the situation. Per sources, the Ravens would have been intrigued if Virginia Tech tackle Christian Darrisaw was there at 27, but he was taken 23rd by the Minnesota Vikings. Otherwise, the Ravens weren’t targeting Leatherwood (even if he had been available) or any of the other offensive linemen with either the 27th or 31st pick and that includes Oklahoma State’s Teven Jenkins who dropped into the second round because of some health red flags. The Ravens were comfortable with the idea of signing veteran free agent Alejandro Villanueva to play right tackle after the draft and they didn’t want to reach on any of the other tackles who they didn’t give first-round grades.
    Well, I disagree about Jenkins regarding his evaluation, but we don't know the medicals that the Ravens do. So with that added to the equation, everything written here makes sense.

We will need to add in Mark Andrews to that list hopefully. I would look at signing a big name FA like a Dante Fowler. We will need a replacement for McPhee as he might retire after this year and from a pass rushing perspective we could make a key upgrade with a guy like Fowler to go with Odafe and Bowser. The draft should be focused on replacing Williams and Campbell.
    Indeed, most of us guess that Mandrews will be a priority re-sign. Here's what I like best about the list: the top five players play QB, OT, OT, CB and CB. Those are precisely the five positions I would want to pay the most money to in today's NFL.

McPhee is far from the biggest worry after the season - there are a LOT of FAs coming up, and a good number of them are those middle-tier types that round out a good roster but you don't want to overpay.

RB Gus Edwards
    WR Sammy Watkins
    TE Mark Andrews
    FB Patrick Ricard
    OL Bradley Bozeman
    OL Patrick Mekari
    DL Calais Campbell
    DL Brandon Williams
    DL Justin Ellis
    EDGE Pernell McPhee
    LB LJ Fort
    CB Jimmy Smith
    CB Anthony Averett
    S DeShon Elliott
    S Anthony Levine (again)

..and some other guys that may or may not make the 2021 roster like Geno Stone and Davontae Harris.

Edit - just went through the OTC calculator and based on the guys I would cut to make the 53-man roster in 2021, I have the Ravens at 34 players and roughly $47 mil in cap space in 2022.
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 05-10-2021 at 05:40 PM.