OT Orlando Brown
    Nick Bolton second-round pick (No. 58)
    2022 6th round pick.

Baltimore gets:
    Oweh- first-round pick (No. 31)
    Cleveland- third-round pick (No. 94)
    Wallace fourth-round pick (No. 131)
    2022 fifth-round pick

Obviously need to see production from all players before coming to ultimate conclusion, however, I actually feel pretty good about this trade now that we have a good view of most players. Sure it would have been nice to find OBJ's replacement out of this trade but there's definitely serious potential out of these 3 players drafted so far. Especially considering EDC would have taken Cleveland with the 2nd round pick we traded away.

Curious what you all think?
    Last edited by Purpleglasses; 05-03-2021 at 10:28 PM.

Re: Post-draft view on Orlando Brown Trade

It’s illuminating to see it all laid out like that. Keep in mind it’s Brown Jr. for only one year guaranteed.

Oweh/Cleveland will forever be linked to this trade, but I think they're going to be good ones, Wade might even end up being a very good nickel for us

The other factor is if the Chiefs are able to re-sign Orlando, if he becomes a 1 year rental that's another layer of this trade. I don't think he's going to give them a contenders discount after the season, he's going to push hard for every penny. They're going to end up paying him 20M a year or losing him to FA. Oweh will be extremely affordable and have a 5th year option, Cleveland could be a starting Guard for a cheap 4 years as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleglasses View Post
    Ravens Receive:
    Oweh (1st round)
    Cleveland (3rd round)
    Wade (5th round)
    2022 4th round pick
    2022 5th round pick

Cheifs Receive:
    Orlando Brown Jr
    Nick Bolton (2nd Round)
    2022 6th round pick
    I don't believe this is correct.

There was only one 5th round pick involved (2021 - used to get Wade). The only pick we received in next year's draft is the Chiefs 4th round selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I don't believe this is correct.

There was only one 5th round pick involved (2021 - used to get Wade). The only pick we received in next year's draft is the Chiefs 4th round selection.
    Actually the 2022 fourth rounder isn’t part of the deal. They swapped a sixth and fifth next year. So if you delete the 2020 fourth rounder the rest is correct

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Actually the 2022 fourth rounder isn’t part of the deal. They swapped a sixth and fifth next year. So if you delete the 2020 fourth rounder the rest is correct
    I believe I corrected it. Thanks for heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    But they got the 2022 4th rounder from the Cardinals, and the Cards’ 5th this year (used for Wade), in exchange for this year’s 4th from the Chiefs (#136) and this year’s 6th.

I believe I corrected it. Thanks for heads up
    Kansas City gets:
    OT Orlando Brown
    Nick Bolton second-round pick (No. 58)
    2022 6th round pick.

Baltimore gets:
    Oweh- first-round pick (No. 31)
    Cleveland- third-round pick (No. 94)
    Wallace fourth-round pick (No. 131)
    2022 fifth-round pick
    Yeah, that's still not right. The 131st pick (4th round, Wallace) was Baltimore's pick all along - they did not get that in any trade. They got the 136th pick from Kansas City in the Orlando Brown trade, which they flipped (along with the 210th pick) to Arizona for the 160th pick (which they used on Shaun Wade), plus the Cardinals 4th rounder next year.

Once you start going down the rabbit hole of where the picks are traded multiple times, it's hard to tell exactly what they got from the trade alone. For example, in giving up the 136th and 210th pick to Arizona, do you then count Shaun Wade as part of the haul from the Orlando Brown trade or not? He wasn't picked with a Kansas City pick, but the Chiefs' pick was instrumental in getting the pick they used to get him. If you do, do you also count the player the Ravens didn't get at 210, since they traded that away in part to get #160?

Blog Entries

Happy with just Oweh and Cleveland alone if I'm honest. We allocated resources from the RT position in the hope of getting an elite edge rusher that we've not really had since Suggs and improving the IOL play which is more important for Lamar than elite RT play.

If RT is a position where we have to settle for average play to improve other areas of the roster where talent is more valuable in our system, so be it. But we need these draft picks to pay off otherwise its a big fail.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Yeah, that's still not right. The 131st pick (4th round, Wallace) was Baltimore's pick all along - they did not get that in any trade. They got the 136th pick from Kansas City in the Orlando Brown trade, which they flipped (along with the 210th pick) to Arizona for the 160th pick (which they used on Shaun Wade), plus the Cardinals 4th rounder next year.

Once you start going down the rabbit hole of where the picks are traded multiple times, it's hard to tell exactly what they got from the trade alone. For example, in giving up the 136th and 210th pick to Arizona, do you then count Shaun Wade as part of the haul from the Orlando Brown trade or not? He wasn't picked with a Kansas City pick, but the Chiefs' pick was instrumental in getting the pick they used to get him. If you do, do you also count the player the Ravens didn't get at 210, since they traded that away in part to get #160?
    yes explained here - can't really can't those other picks

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

It's a wait and see. If the Chiefs knock the Ravens out of the playoffs and Brown is a reason why I'm not going to be too happy with this trade.

If Oweh starts making Pro Bowls in 2023 and Cleveland and Wallace are starters I'm going to feel great about this trade.

It's very possible to think it was a mistake in one season and then great later on. This wasn't the Herchel Walker trade where you were getting so much and your team wasn't winning anyway that it was easy to see the value of right away. The Ravens are contenders in 2021 and might have just handed their top competitor for the Super Bowl the means to beat them.

This is a real moment in time kind of trade and we're going to have to see just how important Brown was to the 2021 and the other guys are to future seasons. In that way it reminds me of the Eli Manning/Phillip Rivers trade. Eli wasn't playing for the Chargers. The Chargers got Rivers and drafted 2 Pro Bowl players and had another pick they traded for more picks. Including Rivers the Chargers ended up with 3 Pro Bowlers for Manning. The Giants ended up with Manning who won 2 Super Bowls for them and they weren't winning those without Eli Manning. So who did better? For years people looked at the winner as the Chargers given all those Pro Bowls. Once Super Bowl wins became part of the trade then it was tilted to a steal for the Giants. We'll just have to wait and see how that plays out for this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    But they got the 2022 4th rounder from the Cardinals, and the Cards’ 5th this year (used for Wade), in exchange for this year’s 4th from the Chiefs (#136) and this year’s 6th.
    That's true, but if you include it you have to also include the full cost of getting that fourth rounder next year. I was letting it slide, but Wallace at 131 was not part of the deal. That was their original fourth round pick.

Kansas City got:
    1. Orlando Brown, LT (BAL->)
    2. Rd 2, #58, Nick Bolton, LB, MO. (BAL->)
    3. 2022 6th round pick (BAL->)

Baltimore got:
    1. Rd. 1, #31, Odefe Oweh, OLB, PSU (KC->)
    2. Rd 3, #94, Ben Cleveland, OG, GA (KC->)
    3. Rd 5, #160 Shuan Wade, CB, OSU (AZ->)
    4. 2022 4th round pick (AZ->)
    5. 2022 5th round pick (KC->)

Arizona got:
    1. Rd 4, #136, Marco Wilson, CB, FLA (KC->BAL->)
    2. Rd 6, #210, Victor Dimukeje, DE, DUKE (BAL->)

In summary, they gave up Brown, and picks in the second, fourth and sixth rounds this year, and got back current first, third and fifth round picks.

Meaning, trading Brown allowed them to move up a whole round three times 2->1, 4->3, and 6->5, using these better picks to draft Oweh, Cleveland and Wade.

It also enabled them to turn a sixth round pick next year into a fourth and fifth next year.
    Last edited by Shas; 05-04-2021 at 09:03 AM.
    "That's what."
    — She