Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: The Rodgers Situation

If he retires, Rodgers can be made to pay back over $20M+ of bonus money he has already received.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Aaron Rodgers, "I wish they would have given me easier names and words to pronounce when I was guest host on Jeopardy!"

... Bc
    {Chuckling}

One wonders whether the Jeopardy contestant who trolled him in front of a national audience managed to pick open a scab.

"I'll take Dermatillomania, for $800 Aaron."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Jordyn Nelson, Randall cobb... come on man don't even try
    Nelson was garbage after he left GB. Cobb has also not been great since he left. Arod has not had great talent to work with throughout his career. In fairness, his OL has always been pretty good. But there is no question that Arod elevates the talent around him more than any other QB in the NFL IMO.

Blog Entries

The Packers won the SB in 2010 with a strong defense, good OL and Arod being Arod. Jennings was a nice weapon, but he wasn't Julio Jones or Mike Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Nelson was garbage after he left GB. Cobb has also not been great since he left. Arod has not had great talent to work with throughout his career. In fairness, his OL has always been pretty good. But there is no question that Arod elevates the talent around him more than any other QB in the NFL IMO.
    If i was used to being a Dallas fan or Seattle fan I might feel bad.

Torrey Smith
    Aiken
    Marlon brown.

Like... no.

Blog Entries

Packers have given him the same number of first round WRs as the Pats gave Brady

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The Packers won the SB in 2010 with a strong defense, good OL and Arod being Arod. Jennings was a nice weapon, but he wasn't Julio Jones or Mike Evans.
    Speaking of...

Would a reworked contract and adding WHOOOOOOOOLIOOOOOOOOOO make all the drama in GB go away?

PFT article on the possibility

"...The most intriguing option could be the Packers. Yes, they’re pressed against the cap. But if they can get the Falcons to pay roughly $5 million of the Jones salary and present the possibility to quarterback Aaron Rodgers along with a contract that includes significant guarantees and a no-trade clause, would that be enough to un-burn the bridge?

The Packers likely would need to perform other salary-cap prestidigitation in order to make it all work. (A Davante Adams restructuring would be the easiest way to do it, given an eight-figure salary that can be converted to a signing bonus.)

If the Packers could pull it off, should they? From a football standpoint, the idea of Rodgers, Adams, and Jones together would strike fear in the rest of the conference — and possibly make the difference between the Packers making it to the NFC Championship (again) and getting back to the Super Bowl for the first time in 11 years..."

The easiest way for it to go away - DON'T PAY ANY ATTENTION TO IT.

You guys think Rodgers is in the right for being like this or is he being a jerk?

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    You guys think Rodgers is in the right for being like this or is he being a jerk?
    I think he's in the right. The Packers dropped the ball when it came to giving him weapons in the latter half of the decade. And they kept McCarthy for too long.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    I can see both sides. How important is it to the organization to keep their proven MVP SB winning QB happy and part of the decision making process?

The rift occurred with the drafting of Jordan Love. That is a big deal. No QB w/ Rodgers/Brady level accomplishments are going to be okay with that. The organization had to know that going in. And short of pulling a New England Patriots and trading Jordan Love; i don't know what the organization can do to fix the rift.

I feel like the Packers organization are trying to have their cake and eat it too.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!