Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: The Rodgers Situation

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Terry Bradshaw, as usual, misses the point. Aaron Rodgers isn't upset the Packers drafted Love because he thought he would get beat out. He was upset they drafted Love instead of getting Rodgers more weapons. It's easy for Bradshaw to overlook that point since the 1970s Steelers a loaded offense and Bradshaw was surrounded by three future HOF players.
    Don’t forget Mike Webster. That’s four HOF players with Bradshaw.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    When Rodgers was drafted, Brett Favre (36) was the starting QB. The Pack drafted Jordan Love (22) last year when Rodgers was 36. I'm not sure, but if that's what he's worried about then it's hypocrisy in my book... Bc
    I wrote that I saw Rodger's side of it, but that's a good point also. Favre still had some good football left in him and they drafted a QB when they could have had Roddy White who went on to be a Pro Bowler. All these years later it's hard to argue with GB's decision to take Rodgers. It's a gamble to ensure the QB position or the future. If Love turns out to be a legit starter then GB's gamble paid off again. But did they miss out on a Super Bowl with Rodgers for lack of that one player? We can debate this forever.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    The only good receiver they had was Devante Adams and it took several years before he came good. A QB must be godlike to play with bums like Richard Rodgers.
    Jordyn Nelson, Randall cobb... come on man don't even try

Both sides will kiss and make up and this will get swept under the rug like nothing happened.

Rodgers aint going nowhere.

Blog Entries

Threatening to test the trade market if the front office didn’t intervene, a visibly unhinged Aaron Rodgers told Packers brass Wednesday that it was “him or me” in reference to team custodian Glen Pardlo

https://sports.theonion.com/it-s-him-or-me-says-unhinged-aaron-rodgers-demanding-1846829102?utm_campaign=TheOnion&utm_content=1620233883&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=twitter

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The Rodgers Situation sounds like a really mediocre spy novel.

7. Re: The Rodgers Situation

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    The Rodgers Situation sounds like a really mediocre spy novel.
    AKA anything written by Robert Ludlum...not to speak ill of the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Even without the help, he won MVP and they went to the NFCCG and lost by 5. I don't think Tee Higgins was gonna be the thing that put them over the top. But I also understand Rogers' point of view as well as the Packers.
    I don't know, man. Down 8, 1st and goal at the 8 yard line with less than 3 minutes left for a trip to the Super Bowl and you can't get it into the end zone because your one receiver is being double teamed. It might have been nice to have options at that point. Well, options besides kicking a field goal like they did.

Don't think I saw this posted on this thread

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/stat...130781696?s=20
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I don't know, man. Down 8, 1st and goal at the 8 yard line with less than 3 minutes left for a trip to the Super Bowl and you can't get it into the end zone because your one receiver is being double teamed. It might have been nice to have options at that point. Well, options besides kicking a field goal like they did.
    That game was a complete failure of coaching from the end of the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    This is the most juvenile behavior from an adult that I've seen in a long time. Green Bay gave him everything he's got (through the opportunity to play quarterback) and he returns the favor with his asinine "I'm going to hold my breath till I turn blue" behavior. If I were Green Bay I would hold him to the letter of his contract and not give him what he wants.
    You really don’t get out much, do you?

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    You really don’t get out much, do you?
    Especially not lately, everyone seems weird and looks unhinged